Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demand for 911T.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 01:13 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 427 Posts

Has anyone tried to order a T and couldnt? Just curious. Maybe I lucked out.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:34 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

In Portland, OR, I was #8 on the wait list. And... They only had two allocations in the first six months... So, one allocation every 3 months.

#8 x 3 months = 2 year wait. (Although folks were jumping on and off this list.)

I don't think this car will be for everyone, so I'd expect a slow trickle. I am surprised that I found one in a showroom, and that a similar waiting list (at that dealer) didn't have it snapped up. But, maybe early adopters were configuring their own spec. I've heard folks say there are x4 in other random showrooms - so it's not like these are flying out of the building. Each to their own.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:16 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

From what I've seen personally visiting dealers in Hawaii and California - maybe they are puffing their feathers but demand is significant

Haven't heard of being able to just walk in and spec a T, especially with all 911 allocations tightening up this year

Any time you take a 911 and make a special variant, especially one that ties in with the past, it will do well as most 911 owners have an affinity for that. Add in the fact that well spec'd it won't cost you $185K like a GT3, it's subtle/discreet which most 911 owners want, and there are special bits to make it *feel* even more special (which is what these cars are about IMO), and it makes sense. The door pulls, LWBS, lightweight glass, decals, interior tex material, ethos all are very appealing IMO

I have a .2 C4, and a .2 GT3 coming, and I still find the T alluring lol. Seems like it could be a real driver's car (or at least tug at those strings even if it's identical to a base C2) in an age where everything is getting bloated, loaded with tech, etc...
Old 03-08-2018, 06:46 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

My dealer sold the initial allocations very quickly. No reason to lie to me as I am getting a GT3.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:11 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

Porsche of West Broward has a grey one with GT sport seats, rear seat delete, delivered and order cancelled. Sticker high $130s or 40s cant remember but car is in the showroom. I sat in it. Clearly someone else's order I would have spec'd some items differently. Someone will pick it up with no wait. This dealer only had 3 cars allocated for MY18.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:49 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAB12
Porsche of West Broward has a grey one with GT sport seats, rear seat delete, delivered and order cancelled. Sticker high $130s or 40s cant remember but car is in the showroom. I sat in it. Clearly someone else's order I would have spec'd some items differently. Someone will pick it up with no wait. This dealer only had 3 cars allocated for MY18.
I bought this car.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Highway2Hell
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I bought this car.
I was there last week. It is a sweet ride. They had it all locked up and safe from my prying-eyes / mitts! I was careful not to drool on it!
Old 03-08-2018, 08:03 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I bought this car.
Good stuff. Sales encouraged I sit in it so apologies for that. I liked the red gauges and general overall build +/- items of personal choice. Enjoy the new ride.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

In northern europe T is sold out, so at the moment no more new allocations, and the rest is sold out. Did order the last one. Dealer is saying that he thinks no more allocations are coming, and the factory is shutting for summer time. After that 992 arrives, dealer already has pre allocations for 992. So I bet they are not making T:s after factory shut down. So the T is going to be very limited.

German site www.mobile.de, there is 8 T:s for sale in germany, most are not in the dealer rooms yet, only 4 were, so this is very low number for germany.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:52 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

First pre-owned T on Porsche.com...

Old 03-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Maybe someone couldnt pay for it.. the managers are gonna have fun with this one while they have it
Old 03-22-2018, 01:46 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Porsche missed the mark a bit......needed a 6MT, and S brakes. Could have sold a ton of them, or a limited few at gobs of markup, but as they sit now.....meh.
Can spec an S with easier availability, more choices, and get more std hp, and S brakes, and with discount = same dinero. No brainer.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

I agree with the brakes and 6speed. One consideration i havent seen mentioned is depreciation. S models tend to take the biggest hit out of the Carrera lineup, followed by the base. If one specs an S with chrono, pse, 4way seats with tex, spasm, gt steering wheel its well over 10k price difference. Factor in depreciation and its potentially much more. If you get any discount on a T (which I did) that would make it a no brainer. I guess it comes down to how much someone likes the S turbos and brakes.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
...One consideration i havent seen mentioned is depreciation. S models tend to take the biggest hit out of the Carrera lineup, followed by the base. If one specs an S with chrono, pse, 4way seats with tex, spasm, gt steering wheel its well over 10k price difference. Factor in depreciation and its potentially much more...
Good point.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:38 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 122 Posts

I think the T will remain somewhat a special vehicle even if it is only due to the limited numbers, one year production and special bits.

One thing that I don't understand is the insistent remark, by so many that have not even driven one, blaming the brakes.

That is funny as I don't recall seeing every post about the base Carrera bitching about the brakes! If they are so "inadequate" for the T, why aren't all the base owners complaining?

This vehicle is not being sold as a "track special", but as a driver's car. To be driven everyday and in all conditions. Even when driven hard during the launch event in France, not one single one failed in such a demanding situation.

According to Stout, the brakes "smelled" after
hard braking. Did they failed? Not that I recall reading about it.

So, if the T has the base engine, why would it need anything more than the base brakes?

Quick Reply: Demand for 911T.