Sponsored by:

New Member and some 991.1S advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 03:37 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by RYE
Off-topic maybe, but was just reading that sticker and saw that the transmission is from Japan. Interesting..
Did the 13's trannys really come from Japan? Any others?
Old 03-05-2018, 05:02 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts

Pick a price that will satisfy you, list it for sale.

You will get many opinions here (already have) and it appears you already have a figure that you believe it is worth. Ultimately, the market will tell you what the price will be. Remember, it's difficult to go up in price after it's listed.

GLWS
Old 03-05-2018, 07:33 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Nobody is going to pay more than 80K for it with a broken spoiler.
LOL, assuming you're being facetious. Sometimes hard to bifurcate.

Originally Posted by gellie
Did the 13's trannys really come from Japan? Any others?
Yes, I have seen other 911s and Panameras with Transmission: Japan

Originally Posted by AlBinVA
Pick a price that will satisfy you, list it for sale.

You will get many opinions here (already have) and it appears you already have a figure that you believe it is worth. Ultimately, the market will tell you what the price will be. Remember, it's difficult to go up in price after it's listed.

GLWS
Agreed, particularly on the latter language on going up in price.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:47 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Yep

Only down side in build for an enthusiast is sunroof but that is easily offset by PTS.

any chips or dings should be taken into consideration and would.lower the valuation.

market wise from what I've seen ask $86k take 84k. I'll bet a stealership would offer 68K. They are crooks, sell it outright to another enthusiast.

This is the internet and the gentleman has asked a group of people obviously educated on the topic a valid question. Perhaps the stealerships don't like when vehicles stay in private ownership.

QUOTE=FiveRiversGTS;14847492]Nice Build with good options.
High MSRP and Low Miles in your favor for a private buyer but not at the dealer.

Private Party = $85K
Trade In $75

$90 is too optimistic, perhaps as a CPO from a dealer. For that price most would opt for a warranty.

Just my personal opinion from following the market.

Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-05-2018, 09:26 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Only down side in build for an enthusiast is sunroof but that is easily offset by PTS.

any chips or dings should be taken into consideration and would.lower the valuation.

market wise from what I've seen ask $86k take 84k. I'll bet a stealership would offer 68K. They are crooks, sell it outright to another enthusiast.

This is the internet and the gentleman has asked a group of people obviously educated on the topic a valid question. Perhaps the stealerships don't like when vehicles stay in private ownership.

QUOTE=FiveRiversGTS;14847492]Nice Build with good options.
High MSRP and Low Miles in your favor for a private buyer but not at the dealer.

Private Party = $85K
Trade In $75

$90 is too optimistic, perhaps as a CPO from a dealer. For that price most would opt for a warranty.

Just my personal opinion from following the market.

Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.
[/QUOTE]

I certainly appreciate all of the advice; my goal was to elicit exactly where I might find a buyer and how that reconciled with my mental map of the market and this particular car. If I list it will be for 90K at which is the price I'd be willing to let go. Otherwise, I will keep it, and see where values go over time for a well spec'd, incredibly low milage, manual car.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:53 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 133 Posts

“market wise from what I've seen ask $86k take 84k. I'll bet a stealership would offer 68K. They are crooks, sell it outright to another enthusiast.”

so true. When my local dealer low balled me significantly on my trade in, I said I’d sell it privately. At that point the dealer stopped negotiating on the new car. Needless to say he lost out on both accounts.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Waiting for $90K and thinking the resale price will go up at this point is very unlikely. This car will be worth less 1yr from now, and less the year after that. 991.1 prices have been strong, but they're not appreciating cars here. Dealer pricing with CPO vs FSBO is a whole different game.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:12 PM
saa106
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Nobody is going to pay more than 80K for it with a broken spoiler.
I have yet to understand the need for Rennlisters or other Porsche owners to make stupid comments about how other owners use or drive their own cars. If an owner of a car with a mechanical spoiler wants to have that mechanical spoiler raised at their own whim, why do you are anyone else who finds this activity annoying or revolting feel the need to open you mouth or type on your keyboard and say something? You should keep you stupid comment to yourself.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:21 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mr gregash
Appreciate the advice, but I certainly will not lose 40K on the car. I paid NOWHERE near the new sticker price.
That I've guessed What I meant is not now but down the road after couple of years and another 1-2K miles on it you might. I hope not, but most likely you will IMO.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:07 AM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I certainly appreciate all of the advice; my goal was to elicit exactly where I might find a buyer and how that reconciled with my mental map of the market and this particular car. If I list it will be for 90K at which is the price I'd be willing to let go. Otherwise, I will keep it, and see where values go over time for a well spec'd, incredibly low milage, manual car.[/quote]

Privately: If you intend to get 90K, I would list above that because everyone wants to negotiate a discount.

You can try consignment to increase your exposure and have financing available. Perhaps make an offer that you take 90K and they can keep anything above that price if it sells. Some may not charge if it doesn't sell.

The car has a nice build,low mileage and 7MT so finding the right buyer will take time. Over this time the price will only go down as others have stated.

Also for this particular car, I think the buyer will first have to like the color, before buying it for the nice options.

Personally I would ask multiple dealers in your area for a straight buy and you will be surprised the numbers maybe all over the place. Dealer has a distinct advantage that they should be able to CPO it making the car more desirable.

Personally I would not buy a 5 year old 90K 911 without a warranty.

Will be curious to see how it all turns out.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: New Member and some 991.1S advice