New Member and some 991.1S advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 03:22 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts
Default New Member and some 991.1S advice

Hi all,

Often been a reader of Rennlist and finally decided to join this past week. I am an avid car fan and an even bigger fan of Porsche. I by and large grew up around them. I have owned 911s, a Cayman S, and a Macan S and my love for the brand continues to grow.

Wanted to see if you could provide some advice on a value of a car. The car in question is mine. It is a 2013 991.1S with ~3,000 miles on the clock and is a 7MT. The options are as follows:

Exterior Paint to Sample - Dark Olive Metallic
Luxor Beige leather interior
Premium Package Plus w 18 way seats
Bose audio
PDCC w PASM sport
PSE
Auto dimming mirrors
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Seat Heating
20 inch Carrera Classic wheels
Color Porsche wheel crests
PCCB
Seat ventilation
Bi xenons incl PDLS
Porche entry & drive
Interior light package for rear compartment
Park assist (front and rear)
Sports chromo
electric sunroof
Exterior folding mirros
Sport design steering wheel

Exclusive options:
Seat belts in luxor beige
Sports seats plus backs in leather

New sticker including destination was $138,940. The car has the entire front end also wrapped in Xpel and a full integrated K40 radar/laser system.

Bought the car with I think it was 48 miles from the first owner. Any advice where you think the market would currently be?

Will post pics in another post along with the window sticker.

Last edited by mr gregash; 03-04-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:30 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Old 03-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

We needs pics!

Dark Olive with Luxor sounds like an awesome combo.

Edit: you beat me to it. Great combo!
Old 03-04-2018, 03:33 PM
ajeffrey10
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mr gregash
Hi all,

Often been a reader of Rennlist and finally decided to join this past week. I am an avid car fan and an even bigger fan of Porsche. I by and large grew up around them. I have owned 911s, a Cayman S, and a Macan S and my love for the brand continues to grow.

Wanted to see if you could provide some advice on a value of a car. The car in question is mine. It is a 2013 991.1S with ~3,000 miles on the clock and is a 7MT. The options are as follows:

Exterior Paint to Sample - Dark Olive Metallic
Luxor Beige leather interior
Premium Package Plus w 18 way seats
Bose audio
PDCC w PASM sport
PSE
Auto dimming mirrors
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Seat Heating
20 inch Carrera Classic wheels
Color Porsche wheel crests
PCCB
Seat ventilation
Bi xenons incl PDLS
Porche entry & drive
Interior light package for rear compartment
Park assist (front and rear)
Sports chromo
electric sunroof
Exterior folding mirros
Sport design steering wheel

Exclusive options:
Seat belts in luxor beige
Sports seats plus backs in leather

New sticker including destination was $138,940. The car has the entire front end also wrapped in Xpel.

Bought the car with I think it was 48 miles from the first owner. Any advice where you think the market would currently be?

Will post pics in another post along with the window sticker.
Very nice car. Love the PTS color and super low miles. I assume it’s out of warranty? My guess is right around $80k
Old 03-04-2018, 03:39 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Originally Posted by Dewinator
We needs pics!

Dark Olive with Luxor sounds like an awesome combo.

Edit: you beat me to it. Great combo!
Originally Posted by ajeffrey10

Thank you.
Very nice car. Love the PTS color and super low miles. I assume it’s out of warranty? My guess is right around $80k
Thanks! Yes, it is quite a stunning color when you get some light on it. Yes, it is out of warranty now. Hm...thats very close to what trade in was when I had my local dealer appraise it.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:47 PM
ajeffrey10
Instructor

Thanks! Yes, it is quite a stunning color when you get some light on it. Yes, it is out of warranty now. Hm...thats very close to what trade in was when I had my local dealer appraise it.
If you can get $80k in trade, I’d jump on it. Maybe others’ views differ from mine. What state are you in?

I just paid $80k for a one-owner 13 C2S with 8k mi. $124k build. CPO in CA. So, maybe I’m a little low?
Old 03-04-2018, 04:00 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts

If you can get $80k in trade, I’d jump on it. Maybe others’ views differ from mine. What state are you in?

I just paid $80k for a one-owner 13 C2S with 8k mi. $124k build. CPO in CA. So, maybe I’m a little low?
figure on roughly a $10000 delta between trade-in and dealer selling point
Old 03-04-2018, 04:00 PM
mr gregash
Banned

I'm in Fairfield County, CT. I'd be willing to let it go for 90K; maybe I'm optimistic or on the high side (not sure to be honest)? Otherwise, I'll keep it for a few more years and see how values pan out during that time. I wouldn't see any material change to the miles either over the next couple years either (maybe another 1-2k).
Old 03-04-2018, 04:33 PM
RYE
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Off-topic maybe, but was just reading that sticker and saw that the transmission is from Japan. Interesting..
Old 03-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by RYE
Off-topic maybe, but was just reading that sticker and saw that the transmission is from Japan. Interesting..
That is interesting. My PDK on my 2014 says Germany.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:12 PM
ajeffrey10
Instructor

I'm in Fairfield County, CT. I'd be willing to let it go for 90K; maybe I'm optimistic or on the high side (not sure to be honest)? Otherwise, I'll keep it for a few more years and see how values pan out during that time. I wouldn't see any material change to the miles either over the next couple years either (maybe another 1-2k).
Perhaps $85k. Probably makes sense. 7MT is hard to find; a lot of people will pay a premium. Your car is very unusual.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:17 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

That's a very nice spec and color! You really should drive it a bit more in my opinion!

My thought on an unusually nice build like this with a nice special color, especially one with very low miles, is that dealers and most buyers won't give you much more for it than a similarly-aged "common" Carrera S. That would have been less than $80k though at a dealer, so they did compensate somewhat for the car and its miles. However, I think eventually the right buyer looking for a special jewel would be willing to pay a price more in line with your wishes, but that might require a fair amount of patience and work to keep it posted for sale where those special buyers will find it.

I don't know if the sales-tax difference rules give you any trade-in benefit in Connecticut, but I know in Texas trading the car is worth 6.25% of the trade, or exactly $5k on 80 grand. That's always a significant variable at play when I trying to decide whether to go to the trouble of a private-party sale vs a trade... and I've gone both ways depending on the car.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:47 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

OP - nice car, hope you keep it. I'll honk if I see you around.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

3K miles on the clock after these years with the prognosis of another 1-2K only for couple upcoming years?...- I can only say you are doing excellent job for the next owner. LOL
IMO nothing short of 991.1 GTS or 991.2 GTt beats this NA 7MT CS. I would keep it drive it and enjoy it. Why keep it as a garage queen and then sell/trade-in for 40K less than paid. What the point? Unless you, like many out here, have an itch for an upgrade. Then it's different story..: And I understand

And my guess on the value would be mid to high 80s if you sell direct and high 70s if you trade-in.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Is this a FOR SALE ad??

With all due respect, you have a $$ for a trade in already, and you have a $$ in mind for what you want for it. You don't really seem to need the "advice" since you obviously know what you want for the car. Just make an ad and list it??

The build is incredible, the color combo is a very narrow market. You have to balance the +/-'s there.

Last edited by STG; 03-04-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member and some 991.1S advice