Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Thats quite a build.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:39 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 133 Posts

I had a similar build,unique combination for sale recently. https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...b-ceramic.html. You’ll find the right buyer. These special builds are not”commodities “ like the dealers claim they are when trading them in. Be patient. Another car like your won’t come along to easy. GLWS.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I think given the high spec, special color and low miles this is worth a lot. Also harder and harder to find manuals so, albeit to a small segment, there is a premium to this car. I would not accept 80k for this. I think it’s solid 90k to the right buyer - maybe a touch lower to get a deal done. This is a wondeful car. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by gellie
I had a similar build,unique combination for sale recently. https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...b-ceramic.html. You’ll find the right buyer. These special builds are not”commodities “ like the dealers claim they are when trading them in. Be patient. Another car like your won’t come along to easy. GLWS.
+1
Old 03-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
I think given the high spec, special color and low miles this is worth a lot. Also harder and harder to find manuals so, albeit to a small segment, there is a premium to this car. I would not accept 80k for this. I think it’s solid 90k to the right buyer - maybe a touch lower to get a deal done. This is a wondeful car. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Not to a dealer it’s not. keep in mind it’s a 2013 too.

OP, best thing for you to do if you want to sell it is sell privately. No dealer is going to give you value for the options on that car.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

Not to a dealer it’s not. keep in mind it’s a 2013 too.

OP, best thing for you to do if you want to sell it is sell privately. No dealer is going to give you value for the options on that car.
totally agree. I was referring to private party value.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:12 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
That's a very nice spec and color! You really should drive it a bit more in my opinion!

My thought on an unusually nice build like this with a nice special color, especially one with very low miles, is that dealers and most buyers won't give you much more for it than a similarly-aged "common" Carrera S. That would have been less than $80k though at a dealer, so they did compensate somewhat for the car and its miles. However, I think eventually the right buyer looking for a special jewel would be willing to pay a price more in line with your wishes, but that might require a fair amount of patience and work to keep it posted for sale where those special buyers will find it.

I don't know if the sales-tax difference rules give you any trade-in benefit in Connecticut, but I know in Texas trading the car is worth 6.25% of the trade, or exactly $5k on 80 grand. That's always a significant variable at play when I trying to decide whether to go to the trouble of a private-party sale vs a trade... and I've gone both ways depending on the car.
Yes, we have sales tax credit in the state, however, my fiancé and I have also have 2 Audi RS3s, a '17 Q7, '14 A5 and a '15 Ducati 899 Pani. I am trading one of the RS3s (paid 59K and traded in for 56K) in for a 2017 991.2S in Miami Blue.

Originally Posted by Bemo
OP - nice car, hope you keep it. I'll honk if I see you around.
You're more likely to see me in my upcoming 991.2S in Miami Blue But certainly honk away.

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
3K miles on the clock after these years with the prognosis of another 1-2K only for couple upcoming years?...- I can only say you are doing excellent job for the next owner. LOL
IMO nothing short of 991.1 GTS or 991.2 GTt beats this NA 7MT CS. I would keep it drive it and enjoy it. Why keep it as a garage queen and then sell/trade-in for 40K less than paid. What the point? Unless you, like many out here, have an itch for an upgrade. Then it's different story..: And I understand

And my guess on the value would be mid to high 80s if you sell direct and high 70s if you trade-in.
Appreciate the advice, but I certainly will not lose 40K on the car. I paid NOWHERE near the new sticker price.

Originally Posted by STG
Is this a FOR SALE ad??

With all due respect, you have a $$ for a trade in already, and you have a $$ in mind for what you want for it. You don't really seem to need the "advice" since you obviously know what you want for the car. Just make an ad and list it??

The build is incredible, the color combo is a very narrow market. You have to balance the +/-'s there.
I'd say it was due diligence. The way I see things is, I know there is far more I don't know than I actually know and want to test my thinking against those of you who may know the market better than me. For me, it's about finding the best answer (what is the car worth?) rather than just providing what I think it is worth without some research. Hopefully that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Thats quite a build.
Thanks. It sure is, though, I have seen a few other larger builds (Burmester, X51, PDK on top of everything on this one).

Originally Posted by gellie
Thanks. I think to the right buyer who wants a very well spec'd car (with what I believe the be, by and large everything you'd want) with a manual, it will sell.

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
My initial thoughts run to the dichotomy of manual and PDK, and yes, there do not seem to be many manuals around. Even in my searching for a 991.2S, it was not easy finding a manual (even thought PDK is phenomenal and would have been absolutely fine by me). Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:43 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What was the reasoning behind getting two RS3s?
Old 03-04-2018, 11:58 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 284 Posts

Nice build, unique car. Worth more to the right buyer but IMHO 90K is a stretch. Join the PCA and list it there, you'll get at the type of buyer who might add more value for the options.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:10 AM
mr gregash
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
What was the reasoning behind getting two RS3s?
Well, at the time I traded in my M4 and she wanted out of her Macan S (we also both had Macan S' concurrently) and it just came down to us really liking the car and were able to secure 2 (as well as good discounts) when there were not many around. I am certainly going to miss the car. I think it made a great daily driver and boy was it fun to drive! Sounded incredible and had a lot of good qualities. Wish they went even more aggressive than they did in the styling, but it never did anything but put a smile on my face driving it. Great Audi RS product.

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Nice build, unique car. Worth more to the right buyer but IMHO 90K is a stretch. Join the PCA and list it there, you'll get at the type of buyer who might add more value for the options.
Thanks. Had not thought of that.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:26 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

You have a RL membership. List in the classifieds here and call it a day. A lot of exposure here.

Mention on HFS too and will get it sold if price is right. The #1 991.1 pre-owned resource in the world.

I'd suggest $86K. Let's get this car to a Rennlister here.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:33 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Mention on HFS too and will get it sold if price is right. I'd suggest $86K. Let's get this car to a Rennlister here.
Seems pretty steep to me. I’d say $85,997.45. Just kidding I have no idea.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:35 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Seems pretty steep to me. I’d say $85,997.45. Just kidding I have no idea.
$85,991.10

Or best offer

Car only has 3K miles. Hopefully clean CarFax.

Might get free sunglasses from Porsche beige dash lawsuit too

To the OP >> car is losing $300-$500/mo at this point in the next 12-24 months. Better sell sooner than later.

Best to do the courtesy of listing on Rennlist too seeing you got lots of responses to your questions.

Last edited by STG; 03-05-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:06 AM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Build with good options.
High MSRP and Low Miles in your favor for a private buyer but not at the dealer.

Private Party = $85K
Trade In $75

$90 is too optimistic, perhaps as a CPO from a dealer. For that price most would opt for a warranty.

Just my personal opinion from following the market.

Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:16 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

I'd suggest $86K. Let's get this car to a Rennlister here.
Nobody is going to pay more than 80K for it with a broken spoiler.

Quick Reply: New Member and some 991.1S advice