Sponsored by:

Question on fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Question on fault codes

Does anyone know how codes are displayed on the PIWIS equipment. If a code is thrown, is it associated with a mileage or date? I don't know if a code was even thrown, as nothing came up on the MFD like a warning. I had an odd occurrence with the PDK shortly after getting the car, and I haven't seen it happen again since then, or I just didn't notice it. With my getting hit in the rear end this past week, I was just thinking that it would be beneficial to be able to show the problem first happening before the accident, if it ever becomes a problem. I can't imagine they could associate the problem with the fender bender, but you never know what might be tried. The car will be fixed at a PACC, so that might eliminate a possible warranty problem anyway.

I suppose I should mention the issue I had. I was driving along in normal mode at 58-60 MPH, and it was about 50 miles into my drive. I thought something seemed odd noise wise, and then I noticed I was in 5th gear. Generally in normal mode the car can't wait to get into 7th gear. I slowed way down, and then slowly accelerated back up to speed, but the PDK stopped in 5th gear. I tried to upshift with the paddle, but nothing happened. Same thing when trying to use the shifter. I pulled off the road, turned the car off, restarted, and accelerated normally. This time the car made it to 6th before it stopped shifting up. Same no response with the paddle, or shift lever. I slowed down and accelerated back up a couple of times with no luck. Then before I could pull over to try a reset again, it miraculously fixed itself. I slowed and accelerated back up a number of times, and everything was perfectly normal. I'd kind of forgotten about it when it hasn't happened again since.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 781 Likes on 454 Posts

IIRC the DTCs should have a date stamp, even if they are "cleared" from the MFD it should show up on PIWIS. Good luck man, sorry about your accident. It broke our hearts to see that

Quick Reply: Question on fault codes