Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Landed Carrera T pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 07:23 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Agreed. The GTS would be a no brainer for less money than the over-specced T.

Save another $720 and...

Old 02-21-2018, 08:05 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,270 Likes on 593 Posts

^ We seem to have similar tastes. The build actually started out in Guards Red with silver five-lug wheels > Carmine > Agate (I do love gray cars).
Old 02-21-2018, 08:27 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

+1 on guards red with blackout accents. I would get rid of as much alcantara as possible for $1500 and add heated multifunction steering wheel a little over $123k for a "broke bitchh" GTS if I had the budget. However, I feel like PDK suits the GTS so much better since it has like 18 psi of boost and you need to come off throttle between shifts with the manual tranmission. I think peak torque comes in at least 5-600 rpm later in the more boosted models.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:39 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 155 Posts

I'll play: Here's where I'd go here for GTS money...still $16K more than the T I ordered for basically the same car other than the brakes and bigger turbo. And I don't like the interior as much.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ67IPV4
Old 02-21-2018, 10:01 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Forget about the GTS. No one seems to have allocation for any...
Old 02-22-2018, 12:44 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan Pryce
Forget about the GTS. No one seems to have allocation for any...
I recently heard from a major dealer that T allocations are hard to come by as well..... true? Like sold out??
Old 02-22-2018, 12:52 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bossing

I recently heard from a major dealer that T allocations are hard to come by as well..... true? Like sold out??
My experience: You agree on price for a specific build, write a check for the negotiated deposit, then the manager puts in an order for your build (you get a commission number but can modify the build later). Upon submission for the allocation request you wait and see if they can get one otherwise you get your deposit back. T orders are linked to customers, not showroom cars, in theory.
You should be able to get the allocation confirmation (lock and build dates) once Porsche bumps a production 991.2 off the assembly line. My understanding is dealerships can order as many as they can get Porsche to approve.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:06 AM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
...a little over $123k for a "broke bitchh" GTS if I had the budget...
The quandary I am similarly contemplating (if I ordered). A $109k bare-bones 911T.... or a $123k bare-bones GTS??? Both have sports exhaust, chrono, manual.. Just a wider body on the GTS. Leather vs. fabric. I wouldn't do LWBS or Gorilla Glass.

Am I the only person contemplating a "broke bitchh" GTS for $123k? Or could this actually exist? Is it unheard of to order a bare-bones GTS?

Interesting... IMO, the 911T 'gives you a bye' to spec a bare bones car and not feel like you are 'cheaping out'. But, not the GTS.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:23 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by stout
^ We seem to have similar tastes. The build actually started out in Guards Red with silver five-lug wheels > Carmine > Agate (I do love gray cars).

Old 02-22-2018, 04:30 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
I'll play: Here's where I'd go here for GTS money...still $16K more than the T I ordered for basically the same car other than the brakes and bigger turbo. And I don't like the interior as much.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ67IPV4
Looks nice. I did consider a GTS, but didn't want to push my budget too much. And the difference would be much bigger than $16k if the GTS was upgraded to a nice full leather interior with distinctive deviated stitching etc.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:32 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
The quandary I am similarly contemplating (if I ordered). A $109k bare-bones 911T.... or a $123k bare-bones GTS??? Both have sports exhaust, chrono, manual.. Just a wider body on the GTS. Leather vs. fabric. I wouldn't do LWBS or Gorilla Glass.

Am I the only person contemplating a "broke bitchh" GTS for $123k? Or could this actually exist? Is it unheard of to order a bare-bones GTS?

Interesting... IMO, the 911T 'gives you a bye' to spec a bare bones car and not feel like you are 'cheaping out'. But, not the GTS.

If only the base GTS didn't have the plastic dash...
Old 02-22-2018, 07:27 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic

Most folks buying a 123k car can afford the extras. I would only consider a stripped down gts spec because of financial constraints (thus not buying one). If you could score 4-5% off a gts, however, you could get one new for the same retail price of a heavily specced lightly used one 1-2 model years older. It would only make sense to me if you buy it for the long term because I think it would be hard to resell. I do think skipping on the pdk in a gts is truly robbing the car of more potential than lower models due to the extra boost you can carry through shifts. The used base market will also have the additional "low budget" buyers who want a turbocharged 911 to tune and elevate the performance to the higher models. Especially once people figure out how to flash through the obdII port. There are less buyers like this for the gts, and its already pushing the stock internals much more than a carrera thus giving you less headroom for gains before drivetrain upgrades are needed. My 2c. We are lucky models like the T exist, marketed to "purists" and dont have the associated stigma of a basic build spec. Only time will tell if the T will hold value or emerge as an undesired marketing parts bin special by enthusiasts. Its a big risk to spec a low option rwd manual car that you plan to rack miles on, in general. Especially in areas with a real winter. At the end of the day, we tend to overthink expensive decisions like these, but the best thing to do is buy what will make you happy and enjoy it without worrying whether the next guy will want your car.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:10 PM
vtrich
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the T. Personally, I like the narrow body, so I get to have some neat, options, short shifter, lower final drive, neat interior etc., etc. Spending around $122k which is what I'll
be at with PCCB, I think, will get me into a really neat and somewhat unique drivers car.

Do any of you know why the SPASM lowers the T 10mm, when the SPASM in the S lowers 20mm?

THANKS, ahead of time, and thanks for all the observations on both sides of the aisle.

Rich
Old 02-22-2018, 06:13 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Sport pasm is 10 mm lower than standard suspension (pasm) on 991.2, and pasm is 10 mm lower than 991.1.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

I think the SPASM lowers the T by 20mm, same as GTS.

For some reason, I think some quote 10mm in connection with SPASM, as it's 10mm lower than PASM.

Quick Reply: Landed Carrera T pics