Sponsored by:

Pricing on a CPO 2017 GTS in Atlanta??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 05:46 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by David in Talent
Would not delete the GTS emblems. Door GTS emblem is stock that came with GTS model. GTS emblem on back lid is not stock but works well. On my GTS, I deleted the model script on back lid and it reads simply PORSCHE which is simple and looks good IMHO.

PORSCHE side lettering cheapens the car and looks very 70's striping .....IMHO.
Yes, I just saw a picture with just PORSCHE across the back, and GTS on the doors. It looks very nice. This would be the look. [edit: this is downloaded from the internet, and NOT the car in question.]

Old 02-13-2018, 06:08 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
So... SA balked at $106k. I am trying to see if they will do $110k and included them putting "PORSCHE 911 Carrera GTS" on the back, and switching out the Seat Belts. (Apparently roughly $2,700 for those items of cost for them.)

At 106k, it is 15.2% off MRSP.
At 110k (with work done), it is 14%

In the spirit of another spreadsheet I saw here on RL, I put the following together. To show how LIST price starts at 10-12% off. I made the point that negotiations START from here.

I am also seeing a lot of interest on the forums on '15 and '16 NA GTS's... and those come with much more palatable discounts. Let's see what Atlanta says... but I'm prepared to wait for a better deal.

If you want to get a good deal on this car, recommend you stop negotiating based off the car's original MSRP. This is a used car now, no matter how old/new it is and is not a reflection of what the dealer paid for it on trade-in (I think you said they got it as a trade-in). Your negotiation starting point needs to be your best estimation of what they paid for this car when they took it in on trade, not when they sold it new last year.

A good gauge for actual prices what the dealer paid for the car when they took it as a trade-in are the Manheim Auction prices. Several members here have access to them based on posts I've seen over the years. Just do a search for "Manheim" and then PM the person who posted prices to see if they can look up recent 2017 GTS Auction prices (HERE is a recent thread where someone posted the prices of 2015 GTS's). There might not be too many 2017 GTS's in the Manheim database since it's so new, so maybe include 2016's as well and use the data from 2016's with similar mileage as a comparison/negotiating point. Then add ~$3k for the dealer's cost to CPO and you'll have a good idea of what this car cost them. Then it's a matter of negotiating what you think is a fair profit for them.

Also, if you are IN LOVE with this car, I wouldn't walk away from the deal over a couple grand (but I don't think you're within a couple grand of a truly fair price at this point). It could be a long time finding another one that fits your "must have's". But I think right now they're asking too much.

Last edited by Class5Kayaker; 02-13-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:27 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Thanks very much Class5kayaker.
They have had the car 34 days already... I'll keep working it... and keep looking too.

[edit: Btw, it sounds like it wasn't a trade in. Rather someone who has a "life change" and had to turn back in the car. Perhaps for cash. At this point, they STILL want list price $116,950, if they do the seat belt/badges.. So... nets $114,250 to them]

Last edited by BlackOptic; 02-13-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:12 AM
Jetscape
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Magitalian: saw your sport wheels ad last September. Are the wheels still available? Pls email me if yes pjtinsay@rocketmail.com Thanks.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:07 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

High price for a poorly specced GTS. If it’s your perfect build how you would have done from Stuttgart then YOLO. Otherwise, keep looking.

Maybe this pricing is the affect of NA awesomeness?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:52 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

So I have a somewhat similar and very recent experience. It was not on a 911 GTS, but on a Macan GTS. It's a 2017 CPO with 7,200 miles on it (it was a Porsche corporate car) MSRP of $87k, in-service date of June 2017. The dealership initially offered it at $81k (7% off), then lowered it to $77.9k (10.5% off). I tried hard to buy it at $75k, they said they would sell it there but wouldn't CPO it. I place a high value on the CPO, so I asked them for their best and final price including the CPO, and they came down another $1k to $76.9k. I don't feel like I got a great deal, but an OK deal, and I picked up the car on Saturday. And after driving it for a few days, the difference in cost is a thing of the past. Hope that color is helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:21 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Yes, I just saw a picture with just PORSCHE across the back, and GTS on the doors. It looks very nice. This would be the look. [edit: this is downloaded from the internet, and NOT the car in question.]

Thats perfect.
OP, as mentioned, if you find the car you want don't let it go for a couple of thousand $. How long do you plan to keep it? CPO is amazing and valuable.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:37 AM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

I am not sure why Jetscape decided to use this old thread to ask a random question... (except he can’t PM yet)... but...

This GTS is history (Atlanta told me after President’s Day that they had sold the car, not sure for how much).

And.

My 911 search is history, because I bought one. (A 911T, which should arrive this weekend.)

But, thanks for your help and education during my early search.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:28 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

whoops, I didn't even focus on the dates before I wrote my response. Glad you found a car, drive it and enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Pricing on a CPO 2017 GTS in Atlanta??