Sponsored by:

Lower console trim removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 11:47 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Lower console trim removal

Does anyone know how to remove the lower console trim? The pieces to the left and right of the split line in the photo, as well as the ‘perforated’ piece above them. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:52 PM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Does anyone know how to remove the lower console trim? The pieces to the left and right of the split line in the photos, as well as the ‘perforated’ piece above them. Thanks.
It's very similar to the top centre-console side "blades you already removed.
Just pry out 1 end then kinda pul/slide and pop out the other end.
Once you figure out which side pops, which side slides and where the pop and slide happen simultaneously it's a matter of seconds.

Hope that was of some help.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:05 PM
cliffd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rennline has a video on their phone mount.

http://www.rennline.com/ExactFit-Mag...tinfo/PM01.04/
Old 02-09-2018, 12:54 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OC 991
It's very similar to the top centre-console side "blades you already removed.
Just pry out 1 end then kinda pul/slide and pop out the other end.
Once you figure out which side pops, which side slides and where the pop and slide happen simultaneously it's a matter of seconds.

Hope that was of some help.
Thanks for the reply. It is somewhat helpful but as you likely know if you pull when you should be sliding, or vice versa, something is going to break I wish there was an exploded parts view available somewhere.

Last edited by flickroll; 02-09-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:57 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cliffd
Rennline has a video on their phone mount.

http://www.rennline.com/ExactFit-Mag...tinfo/PM01.04/
Thanks, but the Rennline video shows the removal of the upper trim which is already off my console. I need help with the lower trim which is closest to the carpet.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:57 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Success. Hope this helps someone in the future. There is a screw up near the footwell lighting panel. Remove the screw and the the front piece slides forward. I was only trying to remove the front piece.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:36 PM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Success. Hope this helps someone in the future. There is a screw up near the footwell lighting panel. Remove the screw and the the front piece slides forward. I was only trying to remove the front piece.
Geez I never knew that, thanks for posting up.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:21 PM
Al3x-666
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holly thread revival! Lol

do you know how to remove the part with red X?

Thanks

Old 12-24-2020, 12:27 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Originally Posted by Al3x-666
Holly thread revival! Lol

do you know how to remove the part with red X?

Thanks
Pull.

20 seconds in covers that bit of trim. same between .1 and .2. Used that video as reference to pull my radio to do the AA hack.

EDIT - wait this is for the upper trim, you tagged the lower trim. Let me get a diagram up, standby..
Old 12-24-2020, 12:32 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That part is integral to the center console itself. You remove the front portion of it via removal of a small torx fastener.

In your image, I believe it's this screw:

Old 12-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Al3x-666
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/272353492276

you can see the back of this trim in this ad.

You're probably right for the screw in the front, but after that? I just pry it? Slide it?

Last edited by Al3x-666; 12-24-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:33 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Al3x-666
https://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/272353492276

you can see the back of this trim in this ad.

You're probably right for the screw in the front, but after that? I just pry it? Slide it?
To remove the front piece? Pop it off. Looks like it has just a little snap fitting.

To remove the center console in its entirety though, I think you'll have to remove the rear seat as it clips in over the back side of it.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:51 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Reviving this old-ish post. Looking to remove this lower center console trim, marked with a Red X

Picture of the back shows clips and hooks. Almost looks like the piece needs to be pulled up and the hooks seem similar to the hooks on the door panel. Wondering if there are screws in there too. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Old 01-02-2023, 03:14 PM
Anu2g
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

I successfully removed these panels yesterday, and I see a couple people on this older thread who didn't get answers, so I thought I'd revive this with the steps:

1) The center console side trim top piece, which runs alongside the center/PCM can be removed by pulling the sides outwards (starting from the armrest) and working your way just past the shifter. Once those clips are out, then pull the panel towards the engine.

2) To remove the center console trim bottom pieces, we need to divide this into two parts: the front portion (near the throttle pedal) and the rear portion (running alongside the center tunnel). The front portion requires removing a T25 bolt as shown here. Then slide the piece towards the frunk.

3) Next, before trying to remove the rear portion, you need to remove the middle mesh plastic piece that resides between #1 and #2 above. Start from the front (closest to frunk) and pull outwards (towards the doors). You can remove all of the clips except for the final two (the two closest to the center armrest) by pulling outward. The remaining two are rubber nubs that need to be pivoted out; no swift/abrupt pulling required, just some finesse to get them out.

4) Finally, the rear portion (from #2 above) can be removed. It is easiest to do this with the seats out of the car as the panels are long and require some force. Removing the seats simply requires removing 4 E12 bolts per seat. Before attempting to remove the rear portion of the lower trim, you will want to pull up on the rear tunnel, as that is clipped into the rear portion of the center trim. In my GT3, I needed to pull up the little rubber trim on the rear seat delete and then use a 13mm hex socket to unbolt the rear seat delete/tunnel, then simply pull up. Now that the rear tunnel is unclipped from the rear center trim, you simply need to pull up on this piece. I started at the front and worked my way back. It requires a lot of force, unfortunately, which is why the seat removal helps. Pull straight up, not outward.

I hope this helps some one.

Last edited by Anu2g; 01-02-2023 at 03:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Vinh Nguyen (03-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Lower console trim removal