991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build is at V250

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018 | 08:48 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

It's far less complicated than what you may be imagining. The drivers are creatures of habit, and arrange their routes to their advantage. I suspect the dealer can tell you what day of the week his deliveries show up, because it is consistent. BTW, the dealer does get a notification of what is coming a few days in advance.
Old 02-10-2018 | 08:49 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
It's far less complicated than what you may be imagining. The drivers are creatures of habit, and arrange their routes to their advantage. I suspect the dealer can tell you what day of the week his deliveries show up, because it is consistent. BTW, the dealer does get a notification of what is coming a few days in advance.
thanks,
Old 02-11-2018 | 11:52 AM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

I forgot to mention how I know the dealer gets notified. The dealer was notified my car and another would be arriving from the port on Monday 1/29, but unexpectedly showed up on Friday 1/26. The reason was the driver refused to take a planned car on that Friday, because of damage to it. He happens to live close to my dealer, so he took my car instead as his last stop that day to get his weekend started earlier. I thought the idea of a damaged car at the port would help you sleep better.
Old 02-11-2018 | 01:14 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

I forgot to mention how I know the dealer gets notified. The dealer was notified my car and another would be arriving from the port on Monday 1/29, but unexpectedly showed up on Friday 1/26. The reason was the driver refused to take a planned car on that Friday, because of damage to it. He happens to live close to my dealer, so he took my car instead as his last stop that day to get his weekend started earlier. I thought the idea of a damaged car at the port would help you sleep better.
Darn it, aren't you just a ray of sunshine!
Old 02-11-2018 | 01:28 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

thank you good friend for that. That does make it so much easier to wait

its funny, cause the wife and I were just looking at a YouTube video that showed how they get all the cars in to these boats. And she was just asking what happens if the car gets damaged. 😩
Old 02-11-2018 | 10:02 PM
DMoore
Pro

And now, delays are popping up again. I have a 911 GTS on order, placed order in early January when dealer finally tracked down an allocation for me. The build sheet I received indicated V260 (enter body shop) with an expected date of 2/16.

Today, stopping by the dealer, we double checked. That date (and of course the ETA at the dealership) has slipped by almost a month. My Exit Port date (planned/expected) was 4/27; now it's in the latter part of May.

My Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo has been sitting on the dock in San Diego since the beginning of December. They now expect CARB clearance "around 2/23" but that has changed so many times I no longer believe anything they tell me.

AAARGH. One hell of a way to run a railroad!

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo "sitting on the dock of the bay"
'18 911 Carrera GTS which will probably be built, some day...
Old 02-11-2018 | 10:17 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DMoore
And now, delays are popping up again. I have a 911 GTS on order, placed order in early January when dealer finally tracked down an allocation for me. The build sheet I received indicated V260 (enter body shop) with an expected date of 2/16.

Today, stopping by the dealer, we double checked. That date (and of course the ETA at the dealership) has slipped by almost a month. My Exit Port date (planned/expected) was 4/27; now it's in the latter part of May.

My Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo has been sitting on the dock in San Diego since the beginning of December. They now expect CARB clearance "around 2/23" but that has changed so many times I no longer believe anything they tell me.

AAARGH. One hell of a way to run a railroad!

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo "sitting on the dock of the bay"
'18 911 Carrera GTS which will probably be built, some day...
interesting, did you have something special on that build?
Most of the builds I saw here in the Jan timeframe actually completed earlier then planned.

Last edited by SBARacing; 02-11-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2018 | 12:01 AM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by SBARacing

interesting, did you have something special on that build?
Most of the builds I saw here in the Jan timeframe actually completed earlier then planned.
Nope. Not PTS, no custom interior, nothing CXX. There's just no telling what's going on at Porsche these days.

DMoore, waiting for...
'18 911 GTS
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo
And until then...
'16 RS7
'16 Cayman
'15 GT3
Old 02-12-2018 | 10:26 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Hurricane

I hope it will be fun for me once I get to V250! Mine was pushed back two months and the wait has been killing me.
Okay, I finally hit V250 over the weekend (two weeks ahead of schedule)! Woohoo! Things are finally moving now!
Old 02-12-2018 | 10:29 AM
Avalon911
Racer

Okay, I finally hit V250 over the weekend (two weeks ahead of schedule)! Woohoo! Things are finally moving now!
In my limited experience, things move pretty fast once you get to V250. Cheers!
Old 02-12-2018 | 10:55 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Avalon911

In my limited experience, things move pretty fast once you get to V250. Cheers!
Thanks! I ordered at the end of October so this has been quite a wait. Original schedule had a February delivery but was pushed back to April. Very happy things are moving now!
Old 02-12-2018 | 11:03 AM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Thanks! I ordered at the end of October so this has been quite a wait. Original schedule had a February delivery but was pushed back to April. Very happy things are moving now!
🤙 exciting times.
Old 02-14-2018 | 01:52 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Looks like my C4GTS will arrive in Davisville on or about February 26th, which coincides with the "Expected Date" of "week ending Friday, March 2nd". Hopefully, I'll be taking delivery that following week with my son while he is home for Spring Break! Gonna be hard getting much work done the balance of today.
Old 02-14-2018 | 03:55 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Looks like my C4GTS will arrive in Davisville on or about February 26th, which coincides with the "Expected Date" of "week ending Friday, March 2nd". Hopefully, I'll be taking delivery that following week with my son while he is home for Spring Break! Gonna be hard getting much work done the balance of today.
Congrats!!!!
Old 02-15-2018 | 02:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Good news! Looking forward to the pics!

Quick Reply: Build is at V250