Sponsored by:

Build is at V250

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalon911
I haven't been able to figure out how to get the info without calling the dealer.
inwas told that you can only get it at the dealer. Even PNA didn’t have all the detailed info on V status.
They saw expected VIN creation, deliver date
Old 02-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

My car went to V300 yesterday and is expected to be at Emden in the next day or so. The "Expected Date" for "Exit Port Emden" has not been updated and still indicates 3/2/18. I sure hope it finds it's way onto a vessel before then. It'll drive me crazy if it sits at the port that long.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:42 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Avalon911
My car went to V300 yesterday and is expected to be at Emden in the next day or so. The "Expected Date" for "Exit Port Emden" has not been updated and still indicates 3/2/18. I sure hope it finds it's way onto a vessel before then. It'll drive me crazy if it sits at the port that long.
there is a 2/15 and a 2/26 ride home for our cars. I’m sure 2/26 is safe and maybe even 2/15.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:00 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

A sibling, at the port of Edmen now.
Does anyone know if it's a first come first serve at Emden?
Do all cars at the port get loaded to the next ship?

Old 02-09-2018, 05:37 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

The last date I saw for mine to exit Emden was 2/23. It got on the port around Jan 23rd and left on Jan 29. Should be in Jax on the 14th. Never did update to a sooner boat in the tracking system until it was on board. I would expect it gets on the next boat leaving for your intended port. Seems like if they had a backlog mine would not have got on the first available boat and if they did not have a backlog at that time it is hard to imagine they have developed one since then. I believe the boats can hold between 4-7000 cars. Tried googling my exact ship but could never find its specific load capacity.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:07 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
The last date I saw for mine to exit Emden was 2/23. It got on the port around Jan 23rd and left on Jan 29. Should be in Jax on the 14th. Never did update to a sooner boat in the tracking system until it was on board. I would expect it gets on the next boat leaving for your intended port. Seems like if they had a backlog mine would not have got on the first available boat and if they did not have a backlog at that time it is hard to imagine they have developed one since then. I believe the boats can hold between 4-7000 cars. Tried googling my exact ship but could never find its specific load capacity.
thanks for the info, exciting times
where are you taking delivery?
keep us posted 🤙
Old 02-09-2018, 06:20 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SBARacing

thanks for the info, exciting times
where are you taking delivery?
keep us posted 🤙
not sure how long it will take to get it from Jax to dealer in Atlanta. Then the dealer is having their guy come do the PPF. Hopefully around the 25th ish. Every day it gets harder to wait! haha
Old 02-09-2018, 06:31 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
not sure how long it will take to get it from Jax to dealer in Atlanta. Then the dealer is having their guy come do the PPF. Hopefully around the 25th ish. Every day it gets harder to wait! haha
lol, so true. I hardly get hipped about things, but this has me craving like a junky.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

If you look on the ship schedule, it says cars need to be booked 2 days prior to load ready date, and must be at the port 1 day prior to load ready date. I seriously doubt any of these ships are booked to capacity way in advance. If your car is sitting Emden, I'd be shocked if it didn't make the next boat. My car only made the port a few days ahead of the load ready date, and got on it 16 days ahead of the expected date.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:06 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
If you look on the ship schedule, it says cars need to be booked 2 days prior to load ready date, and must be at the port 1 day prior to load ready date. I seriously doubt any of these ships are booked to capacity way in advance. If your car is sitting Emden, I'd be shocked if it didn't make the next boat. My car only made the port a few days ahead of the load ready date, and got on it 16 days ahead of the expected date.
thank you, so 16 days early ride home equals how many days ahead for delivery?
Old 02-10-2018, 08:49 AM
Wimankid
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

A question - what are CP vehicles and CT vehicles? I have a GTS Coupe on order and it is listed as a CT vehicle. Thanks
Old 02-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

thank you, so 16 days early ride home equals how many days ahead for delivery?
Once it leaves on a boat the only variable left is time in port before transit to dealer. It's not going to get across the ocean any quicker. Figure about 16 days to Jax (if Davisville is only prior stop). After that it is luck of the draw on transport.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:17 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Once it leaves on a boat the only variable left is time in port before transit to dealer. It's not going to get across the ocean any quicker. Figure about 16 days to Jax (if Davisville is only prior stop). After that it is luck of the draw on transport.
thanks, I wonder if the dealer has any say on when the car gets picked up from the port to them.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

thanks, I wonder if the dealer has any say on when the car gets picked up from the port to them.
They don't. PCNA might, but I doubt they delve into that minutiae.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:40 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

They don't. PCNA might, but I doubt they delve into that minutiae.
PNA wouldn’t deal with it.
So these deliveries are set in advisory?
and what if the dealer doesn’t have new cars coming to it for a few good weeks, it would just wait until a truck does go on the route?

Quick Reply: Build is at V250