Sponsored by:

Initial Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 10:46 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,087 Likes on 623 Posts
Default Initial Alignment

All - Brand new C2S w/ RAS. Thought people might want to see the initial specs I had them do for a car that will be tracked ~12-15 times per year. Posting for a few reasons:
- Just FYI. Maybe it interests people
- For anyone considering C2S w/ RAS - this is the most neg. camber you're likely to get w/o shimming it

Old 01-20-2018, 11:15 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 169 Posts

Thanks for posting!
Old 01-20-2018, 12:12 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 95 Posts

If you have Sport PASM you can get -1.6 camber on the front because the car is lowered more.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:21 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for posting. Not to divert thread but why the move to c2s after RS and are you having fun with the change (ie experiences in turbo vs RS on track)?
Old 01-20-2018, 04:40 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
Thanks for posting. Not to divert thread but why the move to c2s after RS and are you having fun with the change (ie experiences in turbo vs RS on track)?
Just making the change now. Took delivery on the C2S today. I have limited experience (Porsche Sport Driving School Masters class) in the C2S and found it solid on the track. I'll have a much better POV in a few weeks after a make some visits to AMP.

I sold the RS because I'm moving to a Radical SR3. The RS was purely a track car - lived in a garage at AMP and wasn't even registered for street use. I enjoyed the heck out of it, but for a lot of reasons using an RS like that isn't optimal (for me). The Radical will reduce running costs (marginally) and dramatically reduce anxiety about an impact with the tire wall. Repairs on the Radical are a fraction of repairs on an RS. I have a sample parts cost list and it's hilarious to see the numbers coming off of owning and tracking the RS.

The move also allowed me do dump my M2. The C2S makes the M2 redundant so I dropped from three street cars (Tesla,RS, M2) to two (Tesla, C2S) and a dedicated track car (Radical).
Old 01-20-2018, 05:37 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Just making the change now. Took delivery on the C2S today. I have limited experience (Porsche Sport Driving School Masters class) in the C2S and found it solid on the track. I'll have a much better POV in a few weeks after a make some visits to AMP.

I sold the RS because I'm moving to a Radical SR3. The RS was purely a track car - lived in a garage at AMP and wasn't even registered for street use. I enjoyed the heck out of it, but for a lot of reasons using an RS like that isn't optimal (for me). The Radical will reduce running costs (marginally) and dramatically reduce anxiety about an impact with the tire wall. Repairs on the Radical are a fraction of repairs on an RS. I have a sample parts cost list and it's hilarious to see the numbers coming off of owning and tracking the RS.

The move also allowed me do dump my M2. The C2S makes the M2 redundant so I dropped from three street cars (Tesla,RS, M2) to two (Tesla, C2S) and a dedicated track car (Radical).
Thanks. Appreciate the response and makes a ton of sense. Always interesting to hear what people are doing with their cars. Would really like to hear your impressions, comparison of fun factor, etc. (including radical) after few weeks or so especially given your track experience with other cars.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:57 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike

Thanks. Appreciate the response and makes a ton of sense. Always interesting to hear what people are doing with their cars. Would really like to hear your impressions, comparison of fun factor, etc. (including radical) after few weeks or so especially given your track experience with other cars.
Happy to.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:17 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

1- you don’t need that much rear camber. Go -1.3 on all corners.

2- with rear steering you don’t need or want that much toe in on the rear. 2mm max which is around.14 degrees.

The 991 platform doesn’t require as much camber as the 96/997 platform . Unless your running Hoosier r7.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:27 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by mdrums
1- you don’t need that much rear camber. Go -1.3 on all corners.

2- with rear steering you don’t need or want that much toe in on the rear. 2mm max which is around.14 degrees.

The 991 platform doesn’t require as much camber as the 96/997 platform . Unless your running Hoosier r7.
Thanks for the feedback. Interestingly I had asked for no toe and the dealer was insistent that putting this amount in was better. I'll run it a few times at AMP and see how it feels. Easy enough to get it changed if I don't like the settings.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:59 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Thanks for the feedback. Interestingly I had asked for no toe and the dealer was insistent that putting this amount in was better. I'll run it a few times at AMP and see how it feels. Easy enough to get it changed if I don't like the settings.
zero toe in front is fine and in spec. Your toe in on the rear in spec too but you can run less be in spec no problem.....you just don’t need or want that much rear camber...especially with front camber at -1.3
Old 01-22-2018, 12:22 AM
asia
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Your toe in on the rear in spec too but you can run less be in spec no problem.

I experimented with various amounts of rear toe in on my 991.2 C2 MT (no RAS).

I found I like less rear toe in rather than more, and am using +5' or +0.08º per wheel, which is at the minimum of the factory spec range +10' +/- 5'.

Last edited by asia; 01-22-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Initial Alignment