Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 02:59 AM
ducstar
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3 discounts

I keep hearing that no dealers are offering any level of discounts for GTS.

If I have no options other than MSRP on a GTS, I might as well buy a low spec'd 2018 GT3.

thoughts?

Whats the GT3 allocation and availability like?
Old 01-19-2018, 03:04 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Lol

(That's what you can expect either when you call the dealer or ask this question over on the GT3 board. You might want to head over there and take a look.)
Old 01-19-2018, 03:10 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Heehee they can’t seem to move the high-revving bigger NA motors, everyone is going for the smaller turboed ones for the higher EPA mileage ratings. I’d start negotiations with your dealer at 10% off MSRP for the GT3, she’ll counter with 5% off and you should expect to end up around 7% off.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:22 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Discounts?

Call us if you can find one at MSRP before your hair turns gray (or grayer).
Old 01-19-2018, 04:39 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

Discount on what ? A used 991.2 GT3 was up for sale at the dealership I picked my GTS from (in the UK) they were asking £199k..... you might get a small discount on that ?

See if you can get a discount on MSRP for a 1960's Rolex Daytona 6263, you never know you might find an old dealer who still has one in a box and thinks it's not worth the £200 then list price.....
Old 01-19-2018, 08:10 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 603 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by ducstar
I keep hearing that no dealers are offering any level of discounts for GTS.

If I have no options other than MSRP on a GTS, I might as well buy a low spec'd 2018 GT3.

thoughts?

Whats the GT3 allocation and availability like?
The person buying a 150K + car usually knows the one he wants . These are very different cars . The GTS is a fantastic and versatile 911 . It can be driven comfortably on the street in nearly all climates and can make it's way to a track as well. The Gt3 is primarily a track car which can be driven on the street to get to the track. A person who buys a Gt3 thinking he can drive it in the rain, snow , to the movies , and the mall , or the supermarket is buying an impractical, uncomfortable fantasy . Discount or not won;t change this .
Old 01-19-2018, 08:43 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by yrralis1
The person buying a 150K + car usually knows the one he wants . These are very different cars . The GTS is a fantastic and versatile 911 . It can be driven comfortably on the street in nearly all climates and can make it's way to a track as well. The Gt3 is primarily a track car which can be driven on the street to get to the track. A person who buys a Gt3 thinking he can drive it in the rain, snow , to the movies , and the mall , or the supermarket is buying an impractical, uncomfortable fantasy . Discount or not won;t change this .
Big time disagreed. The GT3 is plenty DD’able. It’s not cushy, but a DD doesn’t have to be cushy, especially when it can turn your mundane trips to the grocery store or movie theater into a sensory tingling event.

Plenty of people use GT3’s for regular day to day drives. The first 5 or so minutes of this really gets into that. I especially agree with his comments after 3 minutes on what that raucous N/A experience can do for a car enthusiast to liven what would be an otherwise boring trip.

My car is as as low as a GT3, likely as loud as a GT3, I’m as **** about it as I would be a GT3, and I honestly find it too cushy still. I don’t see what about a GT3 would be harder to go to a mall in.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:06 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

Go check out some threads in the GT3 forum. There are no cars at MSRP. Most have 20 - 30k Additional Dealer Markup (ADM). Good luck even getting an allocation.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:19 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Discounts?

Call us if you can find one at MSRP before your hair turns gray (or grayer).
You can find a used 997 GT3 at original MSRP ha!
Old 01-19-2018, 09:42 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by R_Rated
You can find a used 997 GT3 at original MSRP ha!
Lol. Not to mention, next gen will likely go turbo for GT3’s. So we can all say bye bye to MSRP on just about any >991 GT3 in the near future.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:47 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A

Lol. Not to mention, next gen will likely go turbo for GT3’s. So we can all say bye bye to MSRP on just about any >991 GT3 in the near future.
ITS CRAZY AIN'T IT?

I'm going to get a 986 or 987 Boxtser soon I think and mod the hell out of it. That will be my loud, raucous, hooning car Going backwards to something that is more fun because it will be worth so much less so won't care about the miles or where I park.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:01 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 603 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Big time disagreed. The GT3 is plenty DD’able. It’s not cushy, but a DD doesn’t have to be cushy, especially when it can turn your mundane trips to the grocery store or movie theater into a sensory tingling event.

How much actual seat time have you dedicated to daily driving a Gt3 ? Let me guess .. zero ? I dont want to see a you tube auto journalist fantasy video . Your car is not a Gt3 . No matter what springs or exhaust or even if you swap the front fascia it won;t matter . It wont be a Gt3 .It will be a 991.1 base in Gt3 drag . You can dream of course . Or you buy one . Post pics when you get it driving on the 405 .

PS. Lets not distract the thread from the Op . He's already all over the map with 911 question posts (ranging from used 4S .a T vs S a GTS , a racing edition and now a Gt3) .
Maybe discussing this at all is a waste of time .

To the Op .. Good luck in whatever you decide .
Old 01-19-2018, 10:07 AM
R_Rated
Banned

How much actual seat time have you dedicated to daily driving a Gt3 ? Let me guess .. zero ? I dont want to see a you tube auto journalist fantasy video . Your car is not a Gt3 . No matter what springs or exhaust or even if you swap the front fascia it won;t matter . It wont be a Gt3 .It will be a 991.1 base in Gt3 drag . You can dream of course . Or you buy one . Post pics when you get it driving on the 405 . .
Plenty of people here Daily drove 996 and even air cooled cars. The 991.1 GT3 is more compliant and refined than those. The 991.2 GT3 is said to be even more compliant. So are you trying to prove a point about the question at hand regarding daily driving a GT3 or building a strawman about why a base 991.1 isn't as cool as a GT3? Why make it personal? Everyone on here has means or they wouldn't have a Porsche - why poke someone in a manner that suggests they can't afford something? Can you? I don't really care either way.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:10 AM
K-A
Drifting

How much actual seat time have you dedicated to daily driving a Gt3 ? Let me guess .. zero ? I dont want to see a you tube auto journalist fantasy video . Your car is not a Gt3 . No matter what springs or exhaust or even if you swap the front fascia it won;t matter . It wont be a Gt3 .It will be a 991.1 base in Gt3 drag . You can dream of course . Or you buy one . Post pics when you get it driving on the 405 . .
And what experience do you have DD’ing a 991 GT3 to be such an authority on how “unlivable” it is? I have as much as you, I’m sure, and I’ll take an actual owners testament (the guy in that video put 80K miles on his GT3), or even someone who’s had any seat time in one with an open mind far more than someone who’s speaking from an agenda to feel comfortable with their own purchase.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

I don’t see what about a GT3 would be harder to go to a mall in.
Plenty DD'able depending on your personal tolerances - the GT3 gets over exaggerated in terms of it being "racer" and too harsh or stiff, etc. It is a street legal vehicle at the end of the day, and was intended for dual purpose which therefor gives it the same ability to drive on public roads as it does on track.

Does it give up some compromises to do both, absolutely. Is a GTS or Carrera S a better creature comfort street drivable vehicle - yes; is a 991 Cup a more capable track car - yes. But then again, you wouldn't advertise either of those aforementioned as being the "best" track 911 (GTS/Carrera models) or "street" 911 (991 Cup).

Again, the GT3 is a great dual purpose - as it was engineered to do so.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 discounts