991.2 GT3 discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:49 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
25K over....

They did ask me if I had a 918, lol. Apparently a perk of having bought one of those is getting a GT3 at list. I guess Klauss was a liar when he told the media he didn't want dealers flipping cars and selling for over MSRP.
Originally Posted by ducstar
nope. I contacted them. There's a 25k markup. Yea no GT3 for me.

I'm looking for a deal on something moderately option and tasteful. Black on black with some creature comforts.I think my timing may be off and I should wait until the Memorial Day deals.
Yup - but they did share the hint that the key is to either buy a 918(not in the cards for my lifetime) or be a repeat customer. Have you asked your local dealer?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:26 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Yrralis said:
I am glad that it worked out for you and appreciate that you shared the experience . However , someone else on the thread also shared that even thought it would not be his ideal choice he found himself reaching for an SUV or avoiding certain routes . As a result the car ended up in the garage . That has been my experience with my dropped and modded Turbo . With it being as low and the clutch a hard press I have driven it daily when another car was in the shop but it meant admitting those sacrifices had to be made.
Yea I could see that happening, especially with the old GT3s heavy clutch etc etc, but the new GT3 in PDKS guise is just a pleasure to drive compared to the older ones. My wife wouldn't drive it if it was a manual, but with the PDK anyone can drive it. Its not fabulous over terrible RR tracks but on nice interstate it has a great ride. With each new iteration the sacrifices become less and less. Having said that I wouldn't recommend it as a first 911 unless you drive it first, which is really hard to do since they are so hard to come by.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Late last week West Broward Porsche (FL) had three GT3's showing in stock. They weren't just auto-populated either, as customer orders don't auto-populate inventory, and they had actual stock #'s. All three are gone today, so who knows what was going on. I wouldn't discount some shenanigans going on, but once again who knows.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 discounts