Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 04:19 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Just auto populated to the website I'm sure. Call and report back, I guarantee a disappointment.
25K over....

They did ask me if I had a 918, lol. Apparently a perk of having bought one of those is getting a GT3 at list. I guess Klauss was a liar when he told the media he didn't want dealers flipping cars and selling for over MSRP.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:22 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
25K over....

They did ask me if I had a 918, lol. Apparently a perk of having bought one of those is getting a GT3 at list. I guess Klauss was a liar when he told the media he didn't want dealers flipping cars and selling for over MSRP.
My dealer thankfully doesn't charge over MSRP for existing clients. The wait is killing me though.. He was thinking he'd have one for me with delivery by the end of the year.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:33 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by ducstar
I keep hearing that no dealers are offering any level of discounts for GTS.

If I have no options other than MSRP on a GTS, I might as well buy a low spec'd 2018 GT3.

thoughts?

Whats the GT3 allocation and availability like?
No offense, but that's the funniest thing I've read on Rennlist in a long time.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:38 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 322 Likes on 194 Posts

Two dealers in the DC area have had GTSs advertized for a couple of weeks at least and would likely discount them. I have no idea how much. But like they say, we don't collect them. That said they are few and far between at present.

One had a GT3 in the showroom a couple weeks ago, didn't advertise it, wanted $20 k over MSRP, same as for a GT4 allocation.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:18 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Ill add to the excitement, I called Downtown LA awhile back when I was buying a Macan - Ill bet a large sum of money that car isn't available at MSRP.
Yeah, no way is that car at MSRP. Probably like $30K above, I'll predict. I don't think online ads usually show ADM's.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:20 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

to the OP - come on over to the feeding frenzy on the 991 GT3/RS/R forums and have at it lol

If you are equally considering the GTS or GT3, save yourself the headache/stress/humiliation and go with the GTS unless you are willing to pay *over* MSRP for a GT3... if you can get a discount on a 2018 GT3, you would be the 2nd I've heard of after a VIP on here who owns a 918
Old 01-20-2018, 03:02 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Yrralis wrote:
How much actual seat time have you dedicated to daily driving a Gt3 ? Let me guess .. zero ? I dont want to see a you tube auto journalist fantasy video . Your car is not a Gt3 . No matter what springs or exhaust or even if you swap the front fascia it won;t matter . It wont be a Gt3 .It will be a 991.1 base in Gt3 drag . You can dream of course . Or you buy one . Post pics when you get it driving on the 405 .

PS. Lets not distract the thread from the Op . He's already all over the map with 911 question posts (ranging from used 4S .a T vs S a GTS , a racing edition and now a Gt3) .
Maybe discussing this at all is a waste of time .

To the Op .. Good luck in whatever you decide .
I used my 996 GT3 as a DD and it had a manthey 410 kit on it.(racing cats solid shock mounts etc) The 997.1 GT3 was way more compliant (as some one said) and I DD that one too. I had a 50th anniversary (GTS) and it was more compliant than those 2 by a long shot. Now I have a 991.2 GT3 and its my DD. The whole time I had the 50th I missed the GT3s, but when I bought the 50th there was a stop order on the 991.1 GT3s so I got the GTS (50th) and it was just too soft for me. The whole time I missed the feel and the interaction of the GT3.
But this one is much more compliant than the previous GT3s I had.

What do you think the car is? a Funny Car meant for the track only? I bet a ton of guys are going to DD their GT3 touring cars too. Its noisier than a GTS but its not a NASCAR stockcar. Its just a very good drivers car. A lot more easier car to drive than a late 60's early 70's classic hot rod by a ton. You have to turn the stereo up louder in the GT3 than the GTS but its still very easy to drive on city streets and it loves the on ramps. I would guess that with each iteration of the GT3 more and more are DD than the earlier version. Every newer version handles bad roads better than the previous version. As a DD its no problem at all.

As far as allocations go they are very hard to get. In fact the rumor now is they are going to quit building GT3s Dec 2018. So if you dont have one now it may be too late. Typically anywhere in California (as in Downtown LA) you are going to pay $25,000 over MSRP unless someone has a really loaded one with a ton of options with a MSRP over 180 where you may get down to 15-20k over or in some cases even closer to MSRP the closer it is to $200,000. I know one guy who called and the guy who ordered the car backed out and he got it for MSRP but it was a really optioned out car. It was a Paint to Sample PCCBs Buckets full leather Carbon interior etc etc. Most places around the country are asking $200k for cars they are flipping no matter what the options are. When I was looking I did find places back in the upper midwest that were selling for less than 25K over but you had to be a local or repeat buyer. Some smaller dealers (outside of California) are asking $15k over but cant promise an allocation. Now that apparently production MAY stop in Dec of this year, prices have gone up a bit.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:45 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Yrralis wrote:

I used my 996 GT3 as a DD and it had a manthey 410 kit on it.(racing cats solid shock mounts etc) The 997.1 GT3 was way more compliant (as some one said) and I DD that one too. I had a 50th anniversary (GTS) and it was more compliant than those 2 by a long shot. Now I have a 991.2 GT3 and its my DD. The whole time I had the 50th I missed the GT3s, but when I bought the 50th there was a stop order on the 991.1 GT3s so I got the GTS (50th) and it was just too soft for me. The whole time I missed the feel and the interaction of the GT3.

What do you think the car is? a Funny Car meant for the track only? I bet a ton of guys are going to DD their GT3 touring cars too. Its noisier than a GTS but its not a NASCAR stockcar. Its just a very good drivers car. A lot more easier car to drive than a late 60's early 70's classic hot rod by a ton. You have to turn the stereo up louder in the GT3 than the GTS but its still very easy to drive on city streets and it loves the on ramps. I would guess that with each iteration of the GT3 more and more are DD than the earlier version. Every newer version handles bad roads better than the previous version. As a DD its no problem at all.

As far as allocations go they are very hard to get. In fact the rumor now is they are going to quit building GT3s Dec 2018. So if you dont have one now it may be too late. Typically anywhere in California (as in Downtown LA) you are going to pay $25,000 over MSRP unless someone has a really loaded one with a ton of options with a MSRP over 180 where you may get down to 15-20k over or in some cases even closer to MSRP the closer it is to $200,000. I know one guy who called and the guy who ordered the car backed out and he got it for MSRP but it was a really optioned out car. It was a Paint to Sample PCCBs Buckets full leather Carbon interior etc etc. Most places around the country are asking $200k for cars they are flipping no matter what the options are. When I was looking I did find places back in the upper midwest that were selling for less than 25K over but you had to be a local or repeat buyer. Some smaller dealers (outside of California) are asking $15k over but cant promise an allocation. Now that apparently production MAY stop in Dec of this year, prices have gone up a bit.
I am glad that it worked out for you and appreciate that you shared the experience . However , someone else on the thread also shared that even thought it would not be his ideal choice he found himself reaching for an SUV or avoiding certain routes . As a result the car ended up in the garage . That has been my experience with my dropped and modded Turbo . With it being as low and the clutch a hard press I have driven it daily when another car was in the shop but it meant admitting those sacrifices had to be made.
At one point I considered complimenting my Turbo with a Gt3 and before that a Boxster Spyder . The idea of having two cars spending more time in the garage while grapsping the keys of the Macan is the aspect that some dont consider before buying the "dream car" . If yours has been all peaches and cream then I am glad but at least you are living and enjoying it. I would not enjoy taking a Gt3 to Publix in traffic , parking it with shopping carts and going over the incline entrance to get in and out . Even my GTS isnt my first choice over the Macan for those types of trips which for most are part of daily driving . I know a guy who has a collection of cars which include classics and exotics . Mny of those cars end up in a large air conditioned garage lightly driven . It's not hard for one to end up there .

As for discounts .. I got 4K off on my GTS and I was the first in my city to get it . As a repeat buyer I got a break but a first time buyer or an out of state shopper would not . I didnt ask about a .2 Gt3 but i know both area dealerships would charge MSRP at most if a person ordered a car . On a used car in demand then it's a different ball game . I have paid over MSRP for a used car (a 993 turbo) .but nearly got every cent back 4 years later .
Old 01-20-2018, 08:39 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
to the OP - come on over to the feeding frenzy on the 991 GT3/RS/R forums and have at it lol

If you are equally considering the GTS or GT3, save yourself the headache/stress/humiliation and go with the GTS unless you are willing to pay *over* MSRP for a GT3... if you can get a discount on a 2018 GT3, you would be the 2nd I've heard of after a VIP on here who owns a 918
Painful as paying an ADM is, here’s another way to think about it:

A .2 GTS with will depreciate on a normal basis (i.e there’s no “thing” like the air cooled cars or .1 GTS has going for it that will mitigate depreciation). The GT3 being the last of the N/A GT3’s will be on steroids in this regard. Even paying $25K over, in 1,2,3,4,5+ years, you’ll be able to sell it for massively more than a .2 GTS. If they stop making them in Dec, and the 992 comes with a turbo GT3, the $25K ADM may be the cheapest those of us on the currently on the sidelines will ever be able to get into a .2 GT3.

No matter what, there’s no doubt that the .2 GT3 will depreciate far less than pretty much anything out there. IF it even depreciates at all.

The .2 GT3 RS? Fuhggetaboutit.

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Yrralis wrote:

Exactly. ^^
Old 01-20-2018, 01:49 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ducstar
I keep hearing that no dealers are offering any level of discounts for GTS.
I got an 11% discount on my GTS.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:56 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

I really doubt this is the last NA GT3.... Porsche spent a lot of $$$ bringing that 4.0 in house. I bet it will get another generation or 2. They're also supposedly putting it in the new GT4.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 263 Likes on 173 Posts

I really doubt this is the last NA GT3.... Porsche spent a lot of $$$ bringing that 4.0 in house. I bet it will get another generation or 2. They're also supposedly putting it in the new GT4.
Let's hope that Porsche sells a ton of SUVs, Hybrids, and turbos so we can keep the NAs alive.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:46 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No offense, but that's the funniest thing I've read on Rennlist in a long time.
I am guessing he was joking? LOL!

Anyway, somehow this thread has become a discussion of whether the GT3 can be a DD.

My 991.2 GTS is a great DD. Rides great and lots of room for stuff. All kinds of comfort and entertainment amenities.

My 991.2 GT3 is not nearly that practical. Ingress/Egress is a chore with LWB because I don't like to scratch or crease my bolsters, so its a core-exercise and agility test everytime. I think a Touring with regular seats would be do-able as a DD. Also, I noticed that this engine does not like to be driven cold, as it definitely hesitates when cold. The GTS drives 90% like its warm right after you start it in the morning. Probably a smaller displacement engine with smaller and lighter internals help in that matter.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:52 AM
ducstar
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Best deal in the country - lowest options and least expensive, selling @ MSRP.
http://www.porschedowntownla.com/new...edium=referral
nope. I contacted them. There's a 25k markup. Yea no GT3 for me.

I'm looking for a deal on something moderately option and tasteful. Black on black with some creature comforts.I think my timing may be off and I should wait until the Memorial Day deals.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:55 AM
ducstar
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan

I got an 11% discount on my GTS.
991.2? Which dealer?

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 discounts