Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 11:12 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

[QUOTE=yrralis1;14741074There is also a cowboy in New York who sings with no shirt on in the middle December .. Choices .. I suppose.[/QUOTE]
They pay me well!
Old 01-19-2018, 11:22 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I don't even daily drive my C2S. My wife would murder me if I bought a GT3 without getting rid of my car.... and since I love having the top come down > GT3....
I also daily drive my .2 GTS . My modded EVT750 991.1tt is impractical for the street ,My wife cant even push the stage three clutch with power assist removed . It is as low as a Gt3 and makes no sense . Of my three cars the Macan has the most miles and was the ONLY car used during Hurricane Irma. Daily driving take these things into consideration . You shared that top down enjoyment with your spouse is one reason not to buy a Gt3 and I could write my list too .
I feel ultimately its what one hopes to gain in terms of enjoyment and use from his car .. To me that what a 911 is about.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:28 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
How much actual seat time have you dedicated to daily driving a Gt3 ? Let me guess .. zero ? I dont want to see a you tube auto journalist fantasy video . Your car is not a Gt3 . No matter what springs or exhaust or even if you swap the front fascia it won;t matter . It wont be a Gt3 .It will be a 991.1 base in Gt3 drag . You can dream of course . Or you buy one . Post pics when you get it driving on the 405 .
I had a 991.1 GT3 and drove it for about 6k miles. It's plenty comfortable and daily driveable. I drove it as much as I could, even multiple hour long trips, no issues whatsoever. It was more comfortable and easier to use as a daily than my 997 TT.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:29 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I also daily drive my .2 GTS . My modded EVT750 991.1tt is impractical for the street ,My wife cant even push the stage three clutch with power assist removed . It is as low as a Gt3 and makes no sense . Of my three cars the Macan has the most miles and was the ONLY car used during Hurricane Irma. Daily driving take these things into consideration . You shared that top down enjoyment with your spouse is one reason not to buy a Gt3 and I could write my list too .
I feel ultimately its what one hopes to gain in terms of enjoyment and use from his car .. To me that what a 911 is about.
Your 991.1tt has a clutch?
Old 01-19-2018, 11:51 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Your 991.1tt has a clutch?
Typo error . It;s a 997.1tt Evoms car .

Old 01-19-2018, 11:57 AM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny OP dropped this stupid question and never return to this thread.
If you really have no clue, go to GT3 forum.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Best deal in the country - lowest options and least expensive, selling @ MSRP.
http://www.porschedowntownla.com/new...edium=referral

Just auto populated to the website I'm sure. Call and report back, I guarantee a disappointment.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ducstar
I keep hearing that no dealers are offering any level of discounts for GTS.
This is false. You've already had the GT3 half of your question done to death, but your initial premise was incorrect, you can definitely get a discount on a GTS. I got 4% on mine, and there are others here who have done better.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:40 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
I had a 991.1 GT3 and drove it for about 6k miles. It's plenty comfortable and daily driveable. I drove it as much as I could, even multiple hour long trips, no issues whatsoever. It was more comfortable and easier to use as a daily than my 997 TT.
​​​​​​
I agree that it's more comfortable than a 997TT - once you're in it. But I'll go out on a limb here and say that getting in and out of those high bolstered seats with some packages, in and out of driveways, over speed bumps, and some side street intersections with that low front splitter got old pretty quick. You then even had to plan your route to mimimze those "hazards".

That has been my experience and my friend's as well. At first you drive it every chance you get, but over time it ends up sitting in the garage more and more because it's just simpler taking the SUV. I didn't WANT to buy a Macan Turbo and a 450 HP X5, but my wife and I also didn't want to take the F430 or 911TT all the time either. If I had to choose one car to drive all the time it would be the Macan Turbo. If I could add just one car to it it would be a 911 GTS, as its lack of low front splitter, no race seats plus a back seat and​​​​ makes it a more versatile car than a GT3. If I didn't blow out my knee in a college hockey game and was single again, it would be a GT3.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:33 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 180 Posts

"A person who buys a Gt3 thinking he can drive it in the rain, snow , to the movies , and the mall , or the supermarket is buying an impractical, uncomfortable fantasy . Discount or not won;t change this."

Umm, this was said above... but IMHO 100% off-base. That is an opinion, but I'd bet a bunch that the vast majority of GT3 owners would adamantly disagree. A bit less user friendly, particularly with buckets, but it's not a race car.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:47 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

I've been trying to find a GT3 allocation for many months (Touring for me, thank you). I even went and ordered a 911 4 GTS in the interim to get on "the list" LOL. Likely that I'll get bumped over to a 992 and I'm not even sure what that will look like in GT3 guise or if one will even exist at all. With all the uncertainty, I plan to grab a 2019 GT4 to satisfy my NA/6pd craving before they disappear.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:51 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
Funny OP dropped this stupid question and never return to this thread.
If you really have no clue, go to GT3 forum.
Or... after reading the first five responses and yours he probably figured that this wasn't the place to ask an innocent question and expect respectful responses.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:40 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KM1959
​​​​​​
I agree that it's more comfortable than a 997TT - once you're in it. But I'll go out on a limb here and say that getting in and out of those high bolstered seats with some packages, in and out of driveways, over speed bumps, and some side street intersections with that low front splitter got old pretty quick. You then even had to plan your route to mimimze those "hazards".

That has been my experience and my friend's as well. At first you drive it every chance you get, but over time it ends up sitting in the garage more and more because it's just simpler taking the SUV. I didn't WANT to buy a Macan Turbo and a 450 HP X5, but my wife and I also didn't want to take the F430 or 911TT all the time either. If I had to choose one car to drive all the time it would be the Macan Turbo. If I could add just one car to it it would be a 911 GTS, as its lack of low front splitter, no race seats plus a back seat and​​​​ makes it a more versatile car than a GT3. If I didn't blow out my knee in a college hockey game and was single again, it would be a GT3.
I had 18 way seats in my GT3 so those weren't an issue, I definitely wouldn't get the bucket seats unless I was tracking it (which I'm not). Driveways and speed bumps weren't that big of a deal with the front lift, which is a must. But you're right, sometimes it's just easier and less stressful to just jump in the SUV where you don't have to think about anything. And even though the things you mentioned aren't a huge thing (at least they weren't for me), even minor little stressors add up and sometimes you're just not in the mood for it. My 991 GTS cab strikes a perfect balance. I never have to worry about ride height, it's really comfortable, and I can take my kids to school in it.

I'm still working on getting a 991.2 GT3, but this time around it will be in addition to my GTS and not my only sports car. Mostly because of the kids, because I never got to drive my two-seaters during the week when I had to take them to and from school, unless I stopped by the house and traded cars after dropping them off.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:46 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Just auto populated to the website I'm sure. Call and report back, I guarantee a disappointment.
This ^^^
Old 01-19-2018, 04:06 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
This ^^^
Ill add to the excitement, I called Downtown LA awhile back when I was buying a Macan - Ill bet a large sum of money that car isn't available at MSRP.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 discounts