Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Not Manufacturing Gas Cars for 3 months and help with targa colors!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 01:46 AM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Posted this reply earlier but in the wrong thread

Remember seeing this piece with someone from PAG after the whole BREXIT thing passed.
Said individual stated that since GB was no longer going to be part of the EU, PAG would not be able to keep the same arrangements in place as it pertained to financials and orders... as it would negate the purpose of the EU benefits to those whom have elected to be members.
I'm paraphrasing but it was clear, there we're going to be negative consequences.
It was reported that this disposition was echo'd by the by other German car Manufactures.

I think the other BREXIT shoe has finally dropped...
Old 01-16-2018, 02:01 AM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And another... still thinking I was discussing it in this thread
But thought I'd post it up here as the OP might be interested in this as it relates directly to his situation.

Having done TV deals in Germany, they are very, very thorough.
Nothing open to interpretation, no loose ends or ambiguity....
You get exactly what was agreed upon, I love doing business with German Co's.
There is a flip side though, they do not like changes... probably because there is little imagination or creativity as it pertains to work-arounds.

Which reminds me of something that was mentioned in this interview... the interviewee stated that PAG would have to reduce the amount of allocations to GB as those we're part of the EU trade agreement (he stated a very high % of current cars produce go to GB but I forget the number).
Clearly unhappy about the impact it would have on PAG sales, he also stated that the implementation of these changes would take place on PAG's timetable regardless of when the actual GB EU withdraw would take place.

I think what we are seeing here is the resulting German expedited efficiency regarding the implementation of said changes.
Or perhaps it's just a "friendly reminder" of all the work the Brits are causing the Germans.

Regardless, I believe this is just the beginning, we will see more going forward from other countries and industries.
Time will tell.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:11 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
I prefer your blue setup. Car, top and interior colors all well coordinated. Very sharp!!
+1 on this. Very nice

Quick Reply: Porsche Not Manufacturing Gas Cars for 3 months and help with targa colors!