Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your help finalizing in V210

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 10:39 AM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

I personally love the look and feel of the Alcantara. I know it’s a personal preference and while it maybe a cheaper material, almost all race inspired cars have them, from the low all the way to one of a kind Bugatti’s.

I have ave a customer that always buys the most expensive meal when we take him out, only because it’s free. I’d always get what I like most, regardless of its price and what you get for that price.

i really wanted vent seats but is pick Alcantara vs vented any day. Again, personal preference for the look and feel.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I also really like the Alcantara in my GTS. I got the lighting package and the interior lighting is really good with it. Entry & Drive feature is a good on that I also appreciate.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:21 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

I’ll decide I’ll take the PP+ with the mirror/heated seats/keyless and lights design.
the other thing the dealer is telling me is that no one takes the basic sound system, he says I have to get the Bose at minimum. that is after I decided I’m going to skip that since I’m not big in to music and I’d rather listed to the MT play tune to the engine.
Is it really a must for resale as he says?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SBARacing
I’ll decide I’ll take the PP+ with the mirror/heated seats/keyless and lights design.
the other thing the dealer is telling me is that no one takes the basic sound system, he says I have to get the Bose at minimum. that is after I decided I’m going to skip that since I’m not big in to music and I’d rather listed to the MT play tune to the engine.
I hope not, as I didn't order it for my GTS. When I realized how noisy these cars are, I decided I would never order a premium sound system again in one of them. I'm sort of an anti-audiophile, so the quality of Sirius/XM or an audiobook makes makes no difference to me.

I've also sold a number of different sports cars in private sales, and have never had anyone ask me if it had Bose. I've also never heard a dealer taking a trade mention it either, and they are not bashful about telling you why they can't offer you more.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:56 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 275 Posts

Get the Premium Package Plus and the Bose. Highly recommended.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

The base sound system is ok, BOSE sounds better but not worth the price of 1.500
Old 01-14-2018, 05:54 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 618 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Zetta
Maybe it looks nice for some of us, but it is only a cheap syntetical material, which Porsche sells as premium.
Since this (above_ almost sounds verbatim like Nick Murray's critique let me classify something . The alcantara used in a cheap car like a Lancer is not the same quality as waht Porsche uses and more than the leather in a Honda Civic is the same as an Aston Martin . That said the leather/alcantara package is predominately leather where the alcatara is placed in functional locations like the seat centers (for grip) . The side bolsters , dash, steering are leather . Nick himself chose sport tex centers which are great for grip too but much hotter in the Florida humidity of summer . I've tried all of them . I even like all of them . I get it .. Nick and a few others dont like but it does have its place, function, and appeal to those who do.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:31 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 618 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by SBARacing
The standard system sounds like a small pocket radio from the 1970's . I am not a huge music fanatic but it's a 150K car and it has to be adequate . Besides Bose comes with satellite which offers sports , news , weather, and other amenties as a choice . It's really pennies to buy the Bose .
Old 01-14-2018, 08:01 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Since this (above_ almost sounds verbatim like Nick Murray's critique let me classify something . The alcantara used in a cheap car like a Lancer is not the same quality as waht Porsche uses and more than the leather in a Honda Civic is the same as an Aston Martin . That said the leather/alcantara package is predominately leather where the alcatara is placed in functional locations like the seat centers (for grip) . The side bolsters , dash, steering are leather . Nick himself chose sport tex centers which are great for grip too but much hotter in the Florida humidity of summer . I've tried all of them . I even like all of them . I get it .. Nick and a few others dont like but it does have its place, function, and appeal to those who do.
well said,,,
i also saw Nick’s video and was kind of shocked. I was thinking the same thing, while it may be the same name I’m sure the quality can’t be the same. My sister has it in her ford and it doesn’t look or feel the same way as it does on the Porsche.
I even showed the Nick’s video to the GM at my dealer and he showed me a website that showes the diff types. Porsche used the same type as highest end cars.
Again, it is a preference but I personally dislike leather look and feel, so it was a no brained for me.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:02 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yrralis1
The standard system sounds like a small pocket radio from the 1970's . I am not a huge music fanatic but it's a 150K car and it has to be adequate . Besides Bose comes with satellite which offers sports , news , weather, and other amenties as a choice . It's really pennies to buy the Bose .
i guess I’ll keep climbing in the final price. It just never ends.

Quick Reply: Need your help finalizing in V210