Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion on PPI ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:12 PM
Phaedrus.
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bud - I can confirm your advice. The Porsche dealer said something along the lines that "we don't do, or don't have the equipment to do paint meter measurements here". Which I think is probably a "slight" exaggeration to say the least. But WHY do they not want to do one???
Old 01-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Lazy

Because they are lazy or the car has had bodywork. If they sell cars which they buy at auction then the used car sales manager will have the device to walk around the car and confirm the paint thickness on all panels. You could buy one of the meters yourself or borrow one from A local body shop but without confirming no bodywork I woulld not purchase. It literally takes 5 minutes.

QUOTE=Phaedrus.;14733401]Bud - I can confirm your advice. The Porsche dealer said something along the lines that "we don't do, or don't have the equipment to do paint meter measurements here". Which I think is probably a "slight" exaggeration to say the least. But WHY do they not want to do one???[/QUOTE]
Old 01-16-2018, 07:27 PM
jungkim1234
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just wanted to add my two cents for your negotiation. I purchased a '13 4S vert in California, very similar build sheet to yours (major differences being PDK and obviously the roof). Mine had a significantly more thorough maintenance history and recent 40K service, tires, brakes, and battery replacement and I walked away with it for $71 from a private party. I know the manual carries some sort of premium over PDK with enthusiasts, but $80 is a tad on the high side. Good luck and enjoy the car!

Quick Reply: Opinion on PPI ??