Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New diffuser installed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 05:11 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

There’s nothing poser about your car. In my book poser would apply if you put GT3 badges or similar on it.

the vorsteiner does cover a bit more in comparison. But I can confirm that living in 100 plus Las Vegas heat and driving fairly aggressively that I haven’t seen any change in temperatures.

this diffuser and wing look great on your cab. Well done.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:21 AM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
There’s nothing poser about your car. In my book poser would apply if you put GT3 badges or similar on it.

the vorsteiner does cover a bit more in comparison. But I can confirm that living in 100 plus Las Vegas heat and driving fairly aggressively that I haven’t seen any change in temperatures.

this diffuser and wing look great on your cab. Well done.
Thanks!

Good to know about the Vorsteiner diffuser.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:53 PM
xwingtw
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The diffuser looks great on your car, I was thinking of getting it for my 991.1 as well. Can you tell me if the bottom was bolted on? I know from looking at their photo the top area is tape mounted. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:08 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Can you post more pictures? I also have a can and have been aero curious. The execution on yours looks good. Did you do anything to the front?
Old 02-17-2018, 12:52 AM
OC 991
Instructor

Originally Posted by xwingtw
The diffuser looks great on your car, I was thinking of getting it for my 991.1 as well. Can you tell me if the bottom was bolted on? I know from looking at their photo the top area is tape mounted. Thanks.
Hey xwing...
OK first off.. 1st post since 2011!?
Holy cow, well I'm glad this thread got you to post up and it'll be me pleasure to answer

Yes, there are 4 self tapping screws on the bottom.
1 at each end plus 1 on the each inside of the each exhaust tip/s.
Some have an issue with screwing into the rear bumper... I do not, as long as it's not visible.
That said, even the OEM "defuser" (if you can call it that) is attached in this manner (but with rivets).

I have 3 suggestions for you regarding this defuser...

1- when you attache the outermost edges give it a bit of a push inward (towards the centre of the car) by about 3/4" before screwing the self tapping screws in.
As you do this you'll see the "gap" between the rear bumper and diffuser (outside top of exhaust tips) disappear.
It's a little detail but makes a big difference.... once you get the defuser you'll see what I mean, it's very straight forward.

2- add another layer of double sided tape (thin BLACK automotive tape).
This because at some points the tape (that it comes applied with) will actually sit just below the exterior edge of the piece.

3- Paint it high gloss!
Personally I think it looks best in the same color as the car... this way it looks like it's part of the rear bumper rather than a "add-on " piece.
It will also make the defuser look more substantial, even if you elect to have it black I suggest you have it painted GLOSS black.
I realize the cost of having it painted will be as much (if not more than) the diffuser itself but without it the piece looks... how can i say this...well, like you got what you paid for.

Hope this help.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:38 AM
OC 991
Instructor

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Can you post more pictures? I also have a can and have been aero curious. The execution on yours looks good. Did you do anything to the front?
Oh Lord... R... you're killing me with those damn avatars man!

Tell ya what, change your avatar and I'll post up any pictures of the diffuser you want!
In lieu of that working ... let me do some pleading... pleassssssssssse go back to your "normal" wacky avatars!
I'm always interested in reading what you have to say (like a blinding light you just can't look away from ) but now with these "disturbing" avatars I just skip right over your posts... keep the "disturbing parts to stretch your intellectual edge my friend, it's much more entertaining, challenging and ultimately interesting than this shock value campaign avatar binge.

Re my front end... the only thing I did is putting an S-PASM lip which (together with the side skirts) I painted in Basalt black and covered in PPF.
Tossed around the idea of a GT3 from end...I wish they made an actual GT3 Cab, I'd buy that in heartbeat!
Old 02-18-2018, 01:23 AM
xwingtw
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OC...thanks for the suggestions...I ordered the diffuser few days ago so hope to get it sometime next week. I was thinking to paint it gloss black too as my wheels are black. Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:13 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by OC 991
Oh Lord... R... you're killing me with those damn avatars man!

Tell ya what, change your avatar and I'll post up any pictures of the diffuser you want!
In lieu of that working ... let me do some pleading... pleassssssssssse go back to your "normal" wacky avatars!
I'm always interested in reading what you have to say (like a blinding light you just can't look away from ) but now with these "disturbing" avatars I just skip right over your posts... keep the "disturbing parts to stretch your intellectual edge my friend, it's much more entertaining, challenging and ultimately interesting than this shock value campaign avatar binge.

Re my front end... the only thing I did is putting an S-PASM lip which (together with the side skirts) I painted in Basalt black and covered in PPF.
Tossed around the idea of a GT3 from end...I wish they made an actual GT3 Cab, I'd buy that in heartbeat!
done. But to be fair it was at the request of a forum member.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:11 PM
OC 991
Instructor

Originally Posted by xwingtw
OC...thanks for the suggestions...I ordered the diffuser few days ago so hope to get it sometime next week. I was thinking to paint it gloss black too as my wheels are black. Thanks again.
My pleasure.
All the best on your install.
Let us know how it turns out.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:24 PM
OC 991
Instructor

Originally Posted by R_Rated

done. But to be fair it was at the request of a forum member.
Oh I don't mind if it's actually for someone else, as long as I get to benefit it's all good with me

Here's shot from a recent Targa Trophy Run of the front.
As you can see the S-PASM lip looks much better painted, same with the side skirts.
It's subtle to be sure... but on a black car most trim/vents etc don't stand out much anyway.
I saw you have the S-PASM lip yourself, have considered painting it red?

Shot of the back in the wild... same as the front lip and side skirts, it's fairly subtle.
But it does make a more significant difference in person.
In pictures it looks "flat" in real life its more dimensional.
Not as much as say a Vorsteiner but than this costs much less.

Quick Reply: New diffuser installed...