Sponsored by:

Front end surgery

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by kmk0303
Have a feeling some unsuspecting chap will be left holding the bag when this car is sold.

What makes you feel that way? Do you know the OP? Did he indicate in the thread somewhere he was going to pull some dastardly resale scam?

The inferences in this thread about what is going to happen in the future are pretty out of line as far as I can see. Maybe I'm all wet, and you guys can see the future.
The following users liked this post:
BigBen762 (08-24-2021)
Old 04-18-2018, 06:50 PM
13mit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

On the contrary, I was excited to see the project and what OP was going to do with it. However, his lack of transparency and this quote from him earlier on in the thread makes me slightly suspicious. Furthermore, numerous people have asked questions on the title and he's yet to reply about it, which raises a couple red flags.

Originally Posted by Romann_28
its getting fully repaired and gonna be a daily driver car. For sale fixed and ready to go later in the year.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:47 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 855 Likes on 469 Posts

Watching this thread and wishing the OP well but something tells me this will end badly at the first head on or front end collision especially at speed. Its a 911 guys so I don't think the OP will drive it like a grand mother and thus the rub and worry. When subjected to the extreme stresses of track work or god forbid an accident; I think and fear his best intentions and those of the factory design are going to come to head and once will lose! Hope it doesn't result in serious injury to someone. I do second that the VIN should be flagged as salvage and totaled and the OP should definitely reveal a pic-by-pic history of his work to anyone he sells the car to afterwards. Fair disclosure I'd call it so the prospective buyer could walk, run, moonwalk away or towards the purchase as they so choose!
Old 04-19-2018, 11:40 AM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 13mit
On the contrary, I was excited to see the project and what OP was going to do with it. However, his lack of transparency and this quote from him earlier on in the thread makes me slightly suspicious. Furthermore, numerous people have asked questions on the title and he's yet to reply about it, which raises a couple red flags.
Asking about the title is obviously a stupid question. This car was purchased from insurance auction so obviously the title is salvage. I just find it funny what you and some other people are saying about this car. It truly cracks me up. I know a dealer that does this exact job every single day. There was a brand new GT3 RS with 4000 miles that came in with a front end collision and they repaired it by replacing the tub. Same exact damage as mine. But hey “ haters gonna hate”. I’m getting the same car as you for less than half the price
Old 04-19-2018, 11:50 AM
13mit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Asking about the title is obviously a stupid question. This car was purchased from insurance auction so obviously the title is salvage. I just find it funny what you and some other people are saying about this car. It truly cracks me up. I know a dealer that does this exact job every single day. There was a brand new GT3 RS with 4000 miles that came in with a front end collision and they repaired it by replacing the tub. Same exact damage as mine. But hey “ haters gonna hate”. I’m getting the same car as you for less than half the price
Not sure what you mean as I've said absolutely nothing about the car except your lack of clarification. You could've literally said the above about 20 posts ago and cleared up any concerns people might've had but you didn't. Either way, hope your car runs well and enjoy
Old 04-19-2018, 11:51 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Asking about the title is obviously a stupid question.
You continue to be a class act. Keep it up.

Please post the VIN. Thank you.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:03 PM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
You continue to be a class act. Keep it up.

Please post the VIN. Thank you.
id rather not. That’s none of your business
Old 04-19-2018, 12:06 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

id rather not. That’s none of your business
See. All class act. PM me your
address, and I send you a free copy.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:17 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't know why everyone is hanging the guy.

It's a project - maybe he wanted a 911 and couldn't afford one. The job doesn't look terrible and I'm sure he had fun doing it.

If he's going to drive it good for him. Let's see final pics.

I'm sure people buying a Porsche are going to inspect it and have it checked by a professional and if the repairs are fine and the next guy can get a 911 for cheaper why not?
The following users liked this post:
BigBen762 (08-24-2021)
Old 04-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by triplekg
I don't know why everyone is hanging the guy.

It's a project - maybe he wanted a 911 and couldn't afford one. The job doesn't look terrible and I'm sure he had fun doing it.

If he's going to drive it good for him. Let's see final pics.

I'm sure people buying a Porsche are going to inspect it and have it checked by a professional and if the repairs are fine and the next guy can get a 911 for cheaper why not?
thank you! Finally someone understands! I will post picture after detail etc...
Old 04-20-2018, 12:25 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You aren't getting the same car as us for half the price.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:55 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 855 Likes on 469 Posts

I don't think every one is flaming him other than some reacting to his rather obtuse responses to inquires that his posts have brought out. They have a right to ask on a public forum and he has a right to anwser. Just the same folks will make a judgment about a salvaged Porsche fixed in this manner and in their opinion this car would be nonstarted and if planned to be resold it would give many serious concerns especially if the buyer is not given the full history of the car. Otherwise Romann_28 is free to spend his hard earned cash in any manner he wishes and as he clearly states spending retail MSRP on a new/used or CPO'd Carrera is not his cup of tea or within his orbit. So he wanted a Porsche and found a way to get one...good on him and hope it turns out well...odds seem to say/show if that car is hit or stressed it will not but "caveat emptor" is not dead and there is always someone willing to buy almost anything at the right price! I just would not even consider his car....some things I'd rather pay retail for (i.e. safety, health, residual value of the vehicle, piece of mind, etc).....that's my 2 cents.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:23 AM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
I don't think every one is flaming him other than some reacting to his rather obtuse responses to inquires that his posts have brought out. They have a right to ask on a public forum and he has a right to anwser. Just the same folks will make a judgment about a salvaged Porsche fixed in this manner and in their opinion this car would be nonstarted and if planned to be resold it would give many serious concerns especially if the buyer is not given the full history of the car. Otherwise Romann_28 is free to spend his hard earned cash in any manner he wishes and as he clearly states spending retail MSRP on a new/used or CPO'd Carrera is not his cup of tea or within his orbit. So he wanted a Porsche and found a way to get one...good on him and hope it turns out well...odds seem to say/show if that car is hit or stressed it will not but "caveat emptor" is not dead and there is always someone willing to buy almost anything at the right price! I just would not even consider his car....some things I'd rather pay retail for (i.e. safety, health, residual value of the vehicle, piece of mind, etc).....that's my 2 cents.
I respect your opinion. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2018, 12:09 PM
eisenb11
Advanced

Personally, I thought this was going to be an interesting thread then all posts with any real content stopped. Come’on already! Let’s see the finished product... and if you have more pictures of the process of fixing everything up post those too because that stuff is really cool to see!
Old 04-20-2018, 03:54 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

the overly negative comments aside... show us the end result!!! (bratishka)

Quick Reply: Front end surgery