Sponsored by:

Front end surgery

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018 | 06:28 PM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

This thread...

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
The 4x4s supporting the chassis tell's you this is going to be a quality job.
When I was a young man I took a few uni-body repair and alignment courses. I didn't make a career out of it- just had some fun and satisfied my curiosity. I clearly recall being taught to level the chassis using wooden blocks in instances where the preferred attachment points were not accessible or damaged. The idea was to stabilize the "patient" on the frame machine, which this car is obviously sitting on in the photo. Of course when the clip was welded into place and we were ready to install the jig fixtures and align the "frame" we would take the supporting wood out and attach the vehicle with the proper clamps. How do you do it?

In general to the haters: Are y'all this rude to people in person? This suspicious? It must be exhausting.
The following users liked this post:
BigBen762 (08-24-2021)
Old 04-20-2018 | 06:39 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Ive seen people resto mod cars worse than this on Velocity channel and make bank. Put some stickers on it and lets see some pictures mang!
Old 04-20-2018 | 07:53 PM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roosell
This thread...

When I was a young man I took a few uni-body repair and alignment courses. I didn't make a career out of it- just had some fun and satisfied my curiosity. I clearly recall being taught to level the chassis using wooden blocks in instances where the preferred attachment points were not accessible or damaged. The idea was to stabilize the "patient" on the frame machine, which this car is obviously sitting on in the photo. Of course when the clip was welded into place and we were ready to install the jig fixtures and align the "frame" we would take the supporting wood out and attach the vehicle with the proper clamps. How do you do it?

In general to the haters: Are y'all this rude to people in person? This suspicious? It must be exhausting.
Thank you. Finally someone normal. I didn’t feel like clarifying the wood blocks because therm people don’t get it. Nothing can be done lol. And yes I think everyone is this rude in person. (Or maybe their mad) who knows? Anyway haters gonna hate. Am i right?
Old 04-20-2018 | 07:54 PM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Ive seen people resto mod cars worse than this on Velocity channel and make bank. Put some stickers on it and lets see some pictures mang!

picutres coming soon. Just wanna wash it and detail it!
Old 04-20-2018 | 08:10 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Originally Posted by Romann_28

picutres coming soon. Just wanna wash it and detail it!
Bunch of OCD haters here, and as a Car guy I’m pissed that they sit back and criticize on a cool project.

Looking forward to see more of your build.
Old 04-20-2018 | 11:35 PM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Outlaw

Bunch of OCD haters here, and as a Car guy I’m pissed that they sit back and criticize on a cool project.

Looking forward to see more of your build.
100% agree with you. I don’t wanna reply to those haters. No neee. You know? And then they get mad when I don’t reply. And they try telling me that i don’t habe class. HAHA
Old 04-21-2018 | 12:39 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roosell
This thread...

Look, I'll be happy to eat my words if the OP wants to post details of the complete job, including pics on the frame jig, and load/strain measurements in spec. It takes a pretty sophisticated shop to work on 991 frames due to the materials. It can be done (as long as no frame-pulling is required), but it isn't easy or cheap - and the only shops that are Porsche certified to do the work are listed here: https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com. Have a look at this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7603...r-job-huh.html

That's how you document a frame repair. So how about it? I think we're all interested to see how it was done in detail.

However, I stand by my assertion that if a top-tier PACC couldn't (or wouldn't) do the job, you shouldn't go near it.
Old 04-21-2018 | 01:01 AM
poison123
Banned

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
Look, I'll be happy to eat my words if the OP wants to post details of the complete job, including pics on the frame jig, and load/strain measurements in spec. It takes a pretty sophisticated shop to work on 991 frames due to the materials. It can be done (as long as no frame-pulling is required), but it isn't easy or cheap - and the only shops that are Porsche certified to do the work are listed here: https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com. Have a look at this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7603...r-job-huh.html

That's how you document a frame repair. So how about it? I think we're all interested to see how it was done in detail.

However, I stand by my assertion that if a top-tier PACC couldn't (or wouldn't) do the job, you shouldn't go near it.
Holy crap.....30k repair bill for what looked like a minor rear bumper hit.....
Old 04-28-2018 | 06:49 PM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Default It’s done! (Pics)

alright boys. Here is the car. Detailed and fully fixed. Before you stark asking about the GT3 bumper, I needed a front bumper anyway and I couldn’t pass on this look. OEM aero kit in rear. Tires are 305 rear with 15mm spacers and 255 front with 7 mm spacers.
Old 04-28-2018 | 07:52 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Got to admit is looks great. Love the new bumper.

How does it drive?
Old 04-28-2018 | 08:04 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default Miami Off Lease

Did I see this car at Miami Off Lease ?

alright boys. Here is the car. Detailed and fully fixed. Before you stark asking about the GT3 bumper, I needed a front bumper anyway and I couldn’t pass on this look. OEM aero kit in rear. Tires are 305 rear with 15mm spacers and 255 front with 7 mm spacers.[/QUOTE]

Miami
Old 04-28-2018 | 08:11 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Who cares about the looks... The real question is.. Does it drive good?
Old 04-28-2018 | 08:15 PM
RoWa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Romann_28
alright boys. Here is the car. Detailed and fully fixed. Before you stark asking about the GT3 bumper, I needed a front bumper anyway and I couldn’t pass on this look. OEM aero kit in rear. Tires are 305 rear with 15mm spacers and 255 front with 7 mm spacers.
It looks great! ... any issues driving it?
Old 04-28-2018 | 08:15 PM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Got to admit is looks great. Love the new bumper.

How does it drive?
thank you! Drives great! Love it.
Old 04-28-2018 | 08:16 PM
Romann_28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoWa
It looks great! ... any issues driving it?

No issues at all. Alignment came out perfect.

Quick Reply: Front end surgery