Sponsored by:

911 Carrera T Locked & Loaded!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander

Deposit paid & spec finalised yesterday! March build for delivery late March/early April hopefully.

Racing Yellow
Carrera T interior pack in Racing Yellow
Manual transmission
Chrono Package
ParkAssist (front & rear)
Cruise control
PCM
Rear seats
Auto dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Heated multi-function steering wheel
Smoker pack

PCCB’s and LWB’s or GTFO.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
First part, yes—there's only one Yellow Bird, and CTR001 is that car. Second point, yes! Third part, nope. Just another car nut...

What's kind of fun to think about is the idea that the CTR was a "small" displacement (by modern 911 standards) twin-turbo flat six rated at 469 hp (closer to 500 in reality) in a narrow body 911 Carrera shell and now the 911 Carrera has a 3.0 twin-turbo with 370-450 hp packaged in a narrow body. Of course, the new car weighs a "bit" more and is far more refined, but it says something to me that the most entertaining and magical 911 I've ever driven was twin-turbocharged and RWD—just edging out the 997 RS 4.0 for the crown.
Hi Stout.

It was actually the car that I was referring to as "automotive royalty"
Did I see at a recent motor show somewhere that someone has made a 'new' Yellow Bird? Maybe RUF? Looked awesome, from memory!

I really cannot wait to get into my own very humble and very distant relative of Yellow Bird.

Sounds like you could write a book about your Porsche drives, if you haven't already!
Old 01-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ceepe

Thanks. PCCBs - I know, they look awesome, but not sure that I'd see enough benefit to justify the price. Mine will be a daily driver that I will rarely if ever track. Open to arguments that PCCBs are worth it on a daily driver though (I'll probably do 15,000 to 17,000 miles per year).

LWB = lightweight bucket seats I believe. Have ruled out buckets, as I don't want to lose rear seats or the Carrera T interior.

GTFO = ???????
Old 01-11-2018, 02:40 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
So here are a few more thoughts on the T. I have been interested in this car but it was not until yesterday that I actually drove a 3.0 on the road. Wow! Way more power than my 3.4. I was really impressed and it makes me want a T even more. But for me, one of the reasons to get a T is to get options that are not available on the Base such as LWB and RAS. Since the car is supposed to be light and I am dumping the rear seats with the LWB I feel I need to continue that trend and pop for the PCCB. Problem is the lease MRM on this car is only $112,000. By simply checking LWB, RAS and PCCB I am well over that MRM and the monthly payment increases sharply.
That car would be great as a weekend fun car with LWBs, RAS and PCCBs!
Regarding. PCCBs - I know, they look awesome, but not sure that I'd see enough benefit to justify the price. Mine will be a daily driver that I will rarely if ever track. Open to arguments that PCCBs are worth it on a daily driver though (I'll probably do 15,000 to 17,000 miles per year).

Old 01-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Stout - just seen your green 911 on the Rennlist page on FB as their 'car of the day'. Nice.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:47 PM
worldwidewebs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Pleasant chap, aren't we?
Old 01-11-2018, 08:49 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,276 Likes on 596 Posts

Hi Stout.

It was actually the car that I was referring to as "automotive royalty"
Did I see at a recent motor show somewhere that someone has made a 'new' Yellow Bird? Maybe RUF? Looked awesome, from memory!

I really cannot wait to get into my own very humble and very distant relative of Yellow Bird.

Sounds like you could write a book about your Porsche drives, if you haven't already!

Haha. And you are right: The car is automotive royalty if mechanical objects can be—it has to be one of the most famous street cars of all time, up there with the Bullitt Mustang and a few others, though obviously only anoraks get it. Only one guy in SF recognized what it was and said something. Everyone else seemed to think it was a 912E with an unmuffled V8. I think you are going to love your T. Such a very cool car, and a really nice addition to the lineup.

Yes, Ruf is working on a fully carbon-tubbed CTR that looks like a 1980s 911...sort of a wide-body CTR1. Should be interesting. And no book so far, but I have dabbled in magazines...

Stout - just seen your green 911 on the Rennlist page on FB as their 'car of the day'. Nice.
Nice find! Missed that. Interesting that Rennlist takes member photos and puts them on social platforms...

Regarding. PCCBs - I know, they look awesome, but not sure that I'd see enough benefit to justify the price. Mine will be a daily driver that I will rarely if ever track. Open to arguments that PCCBs are worth it on a daily driver though (I'll probably do 15,000 to 17,000 miles per year).
I'm a fan of PCCB. Of all the options on my Carrera, if I could only have one again, it would be PCCB. Love the response, love the fact they're the best brakes available at any price, and love that my wheels stay clean. That last point will matter less for you, with gray wheels, and your driving may not make PCCB worthwhile. You've got to really hammer the standard brakes before they start smelling, and I've never seen them fade, but...

As for the GTFO chap, well, that's an odd one. Get what you like, and I personally think you are getting the best seats available.

Let him get them if he wants them...
Old 01-11-2018, 10:11 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worldwidewebs
Pleasant chap, aren't we?
I'm only trying to help. All love. I believe those options with a manual gearbox is a special setup for both street and track.
The gtfo part was just a throwback to old school forum camaraderie. We should of course all order the options and cars that make us happy.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:31 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

PCCBs on the street? Hell I cant make an argument for them on the track.

I just think the T is more performance oriented in my mind and in my head it screams for PCCBs. Yes the T I would spec would be a weekend toy. Were I to get a DD Id go with the base PDK, 14 ways and a few other options.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
PCCBs on the street? Hell I cant make an argument for them on the track.

I just think the T is more performance oriented in my mind and in my head it screams for PCCBs. Yes the T I would spec would be a weekend toy. Were I to get a DD Id go with the base PDK, 14 ways and a few other options.
Other than the fact that PCCB's don't have a ton of stop when cold, they are better for a majority street driven car no doubt. Compared to a 380mm brake you can feel the difference in unsprung weight, granted we're comparing to a 330mm setup in this case, but how does one not want 410mm lightweight rotors on a somewhat lightweight themed car?. I have a base car and I will say the 330mm brakes seem a little underbraked compared to the 380's and PCCB 410's. I think the pedal firmness on the PCCB setup is a step up. And no brake dust. For a car seeing heavy track duties the PCCB option would in fact not be desirable based on the costs and wear and delicacy. Heavily tracked cars always run standard brakes.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:03 AM
porshanut
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

My T goes into and out of production 1/19. Looking for LA Porsche Center delivery in April.
Red
Carrera T interior with red accents
Chrono pkg
manual
LCA
Bose
Entry and Drive
Self dimming mirrors
Chrono clock in red
Old 01-12-2018, 01:49 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Thanks stout, Ceepe and rkwfxd!

Hmmmm! Decisions, decisions.

My car will almost certainly not be tracked. It'll be my daily driver and sole car. Many of the miles will be on the motorway. I'll probably do 15k to 18k miles per year.

The initial cost of £6k is fine. Am more concerned about the potential replacement cost of apparently around £14k. ( I guess if replacement was required, one option would be to replace them with standard brakes?). And I've read about the danger of discs/rotors getting chipped when tyres are replaced etc.

Do PCCBs on 991.2s suffer the same issues as on GT4s? I've heard about brakes being a bit noisy when cold which I'm not too worried about. Of more concern is the tendency for stones to get caught in them. Just wondered if Porsche have cured that design fault on the PCCBs for 991s?

Cheers,

Simon
Old 01-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Some pictures of an actual Carrera T in a similar spec to mine. Mine won't have the pano roof. And it's looking more likely now that mine will have PCCBs.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:59 AM
Blue Flame
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Ah nice, my pics from Rennteam made it to Rennlist...

Go for the yellow brakes - my 991T will have just 2 options - LWB and PCCB...so you are not alone.

Blueflame
Old 01-13-2018, 07:12 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Great pics! Thank you!

They got here via a guy called Luke in Sweden, via the UK Macan Forum...

Are you going for Racing Yellow?

Not speccing rear axle steering?

Cheers,

Simon

Quick Reply: 911 Carrera T Locked & Loaded!