Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 Carrera T Locked & Loaded!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Unless a T will be a backroads weekend car I'd argue that the design of LWB's aren't the best option for versatility. I had Pole Positions in my 993 C4S and used the car as my DD at the time and it wasn't the best getting in and out of the car several times a day. In a GT3 its probably a wise option to get, but in a T I'm not so sure.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:33 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Deposit paid & spec finalised yesterday! March build for delivery late March/early April hopefully.

Racing Yellow
Carrera T interior pack in Racing Yellow
Manual transmission
Chrono Package
ParkAssist (front & rear)
Cruise control
PCM
Rear seats
Auto dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Heated multi-function steering wheel
Smoker pack

[/QUOTE]

Congrats on a cool build. Had a Speed Yellow Porsche for a while years ago. Started on silver wheels, but didn't start liking the car until we painted the wheels gray—and then it looked GREAT.

Originally Posted by russdc
I am I the same boat. My is March build for April delivery. Still playing with options. The hardest part is to settle on the color. I am sick of white cars as my last 4-5 cars were all white. Played around with black with yellow accents. I like it one day, don't care for it the next day. Also, do I go with RWS or not? Choices, choices...
Hear you on white cars. Almost ordered my GT4 in white but just couldn't do it, as I knew there would be so many in white and I've had too many white cars lately. Have you thought about GT Silver with the yellow accents? Less stark than black with yellow highlights, and while I thought I was sick of silver Porsches several years ago, it seems like everyone else was too and they're kinda rare now. Maybe the fact GT Silver was $3000 for a while helped?
Old 01-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by russdc
Here is my build for April
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJG4C454
Comments? Thoughts?

Two quite different looking Carrera Ts!

Well, I love the Carrera T interior!

The wheels and glass roof to my mind maybe don't fit in with the 'spirit' of the Carrera T, but everyone has different tastes.

I personally can't detect much difference between the standard sound system and the Bose...

You have to spec seat heating? It's standard on UK spec cars.

Regardless, it looks like a stunning 911, just with a slightly different character to my Racing Yellow.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Randy M
Unless a T will be a backroads weekend car I'd argue that the design of LWB's aren't the best option for versatility. I had Pole Positions in my 993 C4S and used the car as my DD at the time and it wasn't the best getting in and out of the car several times a day. In a GT3 its probably a wise option to get, but in a T I'm not so sure.
I agree, Randy M. My Carrera T will be a daily driver. I did try the bucket seats in a GT4. While they felt very special, not the best option for a sole car that'll do 12k to 17k miles per year.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:01 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by stout
Deposit paid & spec finalised yesterday! March build for delivery late March/early April hopefully.

Racing Yellow
Carrera T interior pack in Racing Yellow
Manual transmission
Chrono Package
ParkAssist (front & rear)
Cruise control
PCM
Rear seats
Auto dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Heated multi-function steering wheel
Smoker pack

Congrats on a cool build. Had a Speed Yellow Porsche for a while years ago. Started on silver wheels, but didn't start liking the car until we painted the wheels gray—and then it looked GREAT.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, stout. That photo of your yellow 911 does look stunning! I have fancied a yellow Porsche sports car for a while. Fell in love with a yellow GT4 at my local dealership! But the Carrera T should be more practical/less impractical for a daily driver.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:28 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
You know you want to!
Yeah,

I sent my SA an email today asking for both lease and purchase numbers on a build.

Don't tell my wife.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:35 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
Yeah,

I sent my SA an email today asking for both lease and purchase numbers on a build.

Don't tell my wife.
Excellent! I won't say a word!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:08 PM
russdc
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 51 Posts

Thank you for your comments. I've thought about GT Silver with yellow accents, but somehow I just can't get excited about this exterior color, however I do like yellow interior a lot. I was thinking JBM with yellow , but I think it requires PCCB to complete the look. Don't want to spent that kind of money on PCCB. Very frustrated by the lock of choices for exterior colors !!!!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:37 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 155 Posts

Here's mine: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJK1XCI3

4-Way SP Seats
RAS
Bose
Heated Seats
Sport Chrono Track Package
Cargo Net
Fire Extinguisher

GT-Silver + Red C-T interior (and Stout gave me the idea for my first "mod" from his trip last month - will have fun unveiling it when it arrives in March/April slippery slope indeed!)

cheers,

sean
Old 01-10-2018, 06:01 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Thanks, stout. That photo of your yellow 911 does look stunning! I have fancied a yellow Porsche sports car for a while. Fell in love with a yellow GT4 at my local dealership! But the Carrera T should be more practical/less impractical for a daily driver.
Ah, my yellow car was a 2001 986. The yellow 911 to the left is CTR001, the famous "Yellow Bird"—which I was lucky to have on loan for testing for a few months years ago. Still my favorite 911, more than a decade later.

You are right in your thinking about GT4 vs. T, I think. I had a GT4 for nearly two years and 15,000 miles, and just traded it in on a 991.2 Carrera (which drives nearly the same as the T, and has the same form factor/seating). And the T is going to be a far more practical daily driver than the GT4 if rear seats matter to you. Otherwise, the GT4 was quite good, and the twin trunks really were nice to live with. I just needed back seats. Carrera is far quieter and I find the control weights nicer in everyday use as well...not to mention the superior gearing and 1000-rpm drop in most freeway cruising situations thanks to the option of using 7th.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

That was THE Yellow Bird!? Wow! Automotive royalty!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:00 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
The yellow 911 to the left is CTR001, the famous "Yellow Bird"—which I was lucky to have on loan for testing for a few months years ago. Still my favorite 911, more than a decade later.
We're not worthy!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:54 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

That was THE Yellow Bird!? Wow! Automotive royalty!

First part, yes—there's only one Yellow Bird, and CTR001 is that car. Second point, yes! Third part, nope. Just another car nut...

What's kind of fun to think about is the idea that the CTR was a "small" displacement (by modern 911 standards) twin-turbo flat six rated at 469 hp (closer to 500 in reality) in a narrow body 911 Carrera shell and now the 911 Carrera has a 3.0 twin-turbo with 370-450 hp packaged in a narrow body. Of course, the new car weighs a "bit" more and is far more refined, but it says something to me that the most entertaining and magical 911 I've ever driven was twin-turbocharged and RWD—just edging out the 997 RS 4.0 for the crown.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:05 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

So here are a few more thoughts on the T. I have been interested in this car but it was not until yesterday that I actually drove a 3.0 on the road. Wow! Way more power than my 3.4. I was really impressed and it makes me want a T even more. But for me, one of the reasons to get a T is to get options that are not available on the Base such as LWB and RAS. Since the car is supposed to be light and I am dumping the rear seats with the LWB I feel I need to continue that trend and pop for the PCCB. Problem is the lease MRM on this car is only $112,000. By simply checking LWB, RAS and PCCB I am well over that MRM and the monthly payment increases sharply.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:14 AM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice builds guys. I think GT silver is going to be popular. It seems like its the only available color that once was considered "premium".. Does anyone know why PTS or the current special colors like chalk, BSM etc are not available?

Here is my build.

7spd
T interior
RAS
4-ways
Bose (i'm on the fence)
a few nice to have options

Quick Reply: 911 Carrera T Locked & Loaded!