Sponsored by:

2018 991.2 C2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:38 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Wide body, Sport Chrono, SPASM, 20" black centre lock wheels, black highlights inside & out, alcantara interior features. Check out the Porsche website.

Thank you. My understanding is that only the wide body cannot be ordered in a T.

All the other options can be ordered and have two identical cars between T and GTS.
My question is if except the extra power GTS has any body enforcement or brakes upgrades (my understanding is yes) than a T.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:59 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,271 Likes on 468 Posts

Correct - the T can't have the wide body. Or the centre lock wheels.

Yes, GTS has upgraded brakes compared to the T.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:47 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

My advice would be listen to your wife and buy the GTS, so you would not come back to the same itch in 2 years down the road and lose substantial more than 15-20K you are debating currently on an upgrade.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:41 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

After 4 months reading, debating, analysis and try to understand Porsche mentality my conclusion is as below.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJX3TP84

Exterior Colour U2 GT Silver Metallic
Interior Colour GF Standard interior black with Alcantara®
498 Deletion of model designation
712 Deletion of model designation on doors
635 ParkAssist (rear)
549 Roof transport system
Transmission / Chassis
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
475 Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) (-10 mm)
470 Rear-axle steering
082 90-litre fuel tank
Wheels
449 20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels
Interior
454 Cruise control
858 GT - Sport steering
P03 Sports bucket seats
583 Smoking package
581 Storage net in front passenger footwell
XGN Sport Chrono stopwatch instrument dial
Guards Red
XSX Seat belts in Guards Red
Interior Aluminium
EKK Brushed aluminium interior package
(without leather interior)
EFA Pedals and footrest in aluminium

Car will be a weekend car focusing on driving pleasure and family rides with wife and sons.
I plan to keep the car for long time therefore I decided to spec it based on my taste but also control the cost.

Tomorrow I will see in person a brand new GTS and have the ability to see the wide body, rear seats (very important for me) and GTS spirit.

My only question is if I need to spec PDCC or not.

If everything goes according to my plan and dealer meet my ordering requirements the order will be locked in 2 weeks and delivery will take place by August.

Honestly I am quite nervous as it will be my first Porsche and first quite expensive car for me.
I hope we will have a long term relationship and many wonderful rides.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:56 PM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If it’s a weekend/family car, why option for the sport bucket seats? And if going that way, why not stay with the (standard) SPASM instead of optioning PASM. I would never option PDCC (or RAS for that matter), too much interference from the car, but that’s my 2cts.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:05 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark993TT
If it’s a weekend/family car, why option for the sport bucket seats? And if going that way, why not stay with the (standard) SPASM instead of optioning PASM. I would never option PDCC (or RAS for that matter), too much interference from the car, but that’s my 2cts.
I consider sport bucket seats as ideal for me to be fully engaged with the spirit of the car. I have asked my dealer to check if I order the car with LWBs and I want in the future to jump to 4 way sport seats if the car will have the appropriate wiring.
I tested the seats together with my wife in a GT3 RS and she agreed for my special car LWBs are fine.
Tomorrow I will see in person the 4 way buckets but I am sure LWBs are worth the price and the sport feeling.

I am not sure what is the difference between Standard PASM and Optional. If the standard PASM is -20mm and Optional is -10mm for sure I will stay with the standard one.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:04 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

I love it, nilaz! I am going through the same GTS vs. 911T vs. CPO dilemma. We don't get the LWBS GTS option in the US... but I would go for a GTS spec very much like this (except for me it is White, Carmine or Guards Red...) Thanks for walking us through your journey. Our biggest issue here is allocations. For an order, it seems I would be 6 -12 months out before seeing a car.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Nice spec! The only confusion I think I see is that you have configured PASM (-10mm) and are asking about PDCC, but PDCC is only available with Sport Suspension (-20mm), aka SPASM. Like Mark993TT pointed out the SPASM is standard on the GTS.

Also FYI, my prior car had PDCC and and my new one does not (both had SPASM). To be honest I would have opted for PDCC except that I found a very good car and deal that just happened to be missing it. I find in the relatively smooth roads on Central Texas the ride without it (with SPASM) is better than I expected. FYI if you are keeping the car for a long time, the 6yr/60k service on PDCC is pretty pricey due to the number of pieces they have to remove to do the tank with integrated filter replacement.

I think the RAS is very nice myself, I think you've made a good call with that.

The only practicality I think you have missing that I would recommend if you drive at night at all is the auto-dimming mirrors. It dims both the interior and side mirrors and thus helps prevent rearward glare more than just to old-fashioned flip-**** one that is standard.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:01 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Totally confused about the color.

Also quite confused if I should spec PCCB or not...
Any advice especially about PCCB is more than welcome.

Which are the ***** and cons for a GTS with PCCBs specifically?
Old 02-24-2018, 11:09 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz

Totally confused about the color.

Also quite confused if I should spec PCCB or not...
Any advice especially about PCCB is more than welcome.

Which are the ***** and cons for a GTS with PCCBs specifically?
I specced PCCB on my GT3 that I just ordered. I wish my GTS had them as well, but for some reason no GTS I found on the market had PCCBs. The big con of course is cost. Especially for replacement, although if you don't track the car you should never have to worry about replacing them (a pro). To me the steel brakes are plenty good enough, so really the main reason I want PCCBs is that the steel brakes generate an obscene amount of brake dust, and I'm tired of my wheels always being dirty. Sounds stupid and maybe it is, but to me it's worth it.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:15 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

I suppose the reason that no many GTS with PCCBs is that GTS has bigger brakes than base Carrera and cost of PCCBs does not worth the upgrade.

I heard that PCCBs have double or even triple lifecycle than steel brakes but not sure.

Also PCCBs is something that either you go from day one or you forget it as cannot be added later on as the cost in extremely high.

Brake dust for me will not be an issue as I will nano coating calipers and wheels.

My dealer advice not to spec PCCBs as most probably will never push the car to the point that GTS steel brakes will fade.

Chulk looks quite unique. Is a mat color...
Old 02-24-2018, 03:02 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

If you are going to drive at night, spec the auto-dimming mirrors.

+1 on RAS - love this feature - the car seems to teleport sideways at high speed and turns so sharply in parking lots.

I also opted for SPASM and PDCC - the car is simply amazing around a corner, but perhaps due to the lowered stance I do scrape the front from time-to-time even with front-axle-lift.

PCCBs are expensive. They don't make dust, they rarely squeal, but they are so big that they trap pebbles. In the past year, I've heard mine squeal maybe a half-dozen times but I've lodged pebbles in between the wheel and caliper three times.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:34 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nilaz
I suppose the reason that no many GTS with PCCBs is that GTS has bigger brakes than base Carrera and cost of PCCBs does not worth the upgrade.

I heard that PCCBs have double or even triple lifecycle than steel brakes but not sure.

Also PCCBs is something that either you go from day one or you forget it as cannot be added later on as the cost in extremely high.

Brake dust for me will not be an issue as I will nano coating calipers and wheels.

My dealer advice not to spec PCCBs as most probably will never push the car to the point that GTS steel brakes will fade.

Chulk looks quite unique. Is a mat color...
Trust me, coating wheels and calipers doesn't help with brake dust. I coat all my cars, including wheels and calipers, and although it makes the wheels marginally easier to clean they will be completely covered in brake dust within an hour of driving the car. Porsche (and BMW M) brake dust is insane, and you'll be cleaning the wheels all the time if you don't want them to be dirty. So even if I don't need them for braking power, I'm speccing them on every car I can.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:52 PM
BeepBeep88
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
Trust me, coating wheels and calipers doesn't help with brake dust. I coat all my cars, including wheels and calipers, and although it makes the wheels marginally easier to clean they will be completely covered in brake dust within an hour of driving the car. Porsche (and BMW M) brake dust is insane, and you'll be cleaning the wheels all the time if you don't want them to be dirty. So even if I don't need them for braking power, I'm speccing them on every car I can.
Support your local hand car wash and just get your car cleaned once a week. I have black wheels so maybe I’m insensitive to this issue but seems over the top... Now if you said that you had to have yellow brake calipers I’d completely understand!
Old 02-24-2018, 10:02 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BeepBeep88

Support your local hand car wash and just get your car cleaned once a week. I have black wheels so maybe I’m insensitive to this issue but seems over the top... Now if you said that you had to have yellow brake calipers I’d completely understand!
My GTS has black wheels too, unfortunately it doesn't help! I have my mobile detailer keep my cars clean. I just wish the wheels didn't get dirty so much faster than the rest of the car. 😢

Quick Reply: 2018 991.2 C2 GTS