Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 991.2 C2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 11:38 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Reason for the root racks is not to cary my bikes. I have other cars to do that.
But the luggage space of a 911 is not enough for a family with two teenagers and I need the option to add a carrying bit in order to perform some EU roadtrips with family.
I cannot imagine the point to leave my 911 back to the garage and spend 1000miles roadtip in a SUV.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:57 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

How old are your teenagers? They will probably find it cramped in the back of a 911 for a 1,000 mile road trip, even if they are only 13.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:03 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
How old are your teenagers? They will probably find it cramped in the back of a 911 for a 1,000 mile road trip, even if they are only 13.
Yeah my kids are much younger and I wouldn't attempt any significant trip even with them. The back seats are too small for teenagers except for short trips.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:20 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

6 and 8 y.o. Honestly I am trying to find a sport car that I can enjoy alone but also with the family.
I believe 911 is the one.

I do not see any reason to spend one week roadtip in EU mainland and use my wife's SUV. Only reason to use the SUV is to visit Alpes during winter time.
I plan to use the 911 as much as I can as a weekend and roadtrip car. Not DD for sure.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:47 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by nilaz
6 and 8 y.o. Honestly I am trying to find a sport car that I can enjoy alone but also with the family.
I believe 911 is the one.

I do not see any reason to spend one week roadtip in EU mainland and use my wife's SUV. Only reason to use the SUV is to visit Alpes during winter time.
I plan to use the 911 as much as I can as a weekend and roadtrip car. Not DD for sure.

Ah, ok. Thought you said that your kids were teenagers. At ages 6 & 8 you might get away with it for a little while...

My 911T will be a DD and I'll enjoy it almost daily!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:04 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 603 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Reason for the root racks is not to cary my bikes. I have other cars to do that.
But the luggage space of a 911 is not enough for a family with two teenagers and I need the option to add a carrying bit in order to perform some EU roadtrips with family.
I cannot imagine the point to leave my 911 back to the garage and spend 1000miles roadtip in a SUV.
Soft luggage plus 911 is the standard route of choice . All it takes is one slip out of the hand putting it on the roof or a leak of something inside the suitcase to really make a roof repair an issue . Maybe I';m just neurotic I see threads about guys driving Gt3's in the snow or putting roof rack on 911's but I am just of the cautious mindset of placing 150+K USD cars in a more favorable environment or driving circumstance if at all possible . I would be more comfortable knowing my 911 was safely tucked away in my garage than hearing the wind blow on my luggage for 1000 miles. . It gives me something to look forward to seeing about going home.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:07 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

I consider to go to the track with my car is much more stressful than add some luggages on top.
In any case as I will build the car and the cost for roof racks is very small I do not see any reason not to add it.

I might not be able to use it at all but there is a chance to be quite convenient.
First I need to buy the car and them worry about how to use it....

Many thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:23 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Spoke with my wife for possible CPO or new order.
For Carrera T versus GTS.
For GT Silver versus Guard Red versus Carmine Red.

She told me if you are going to buy a 911 make sure you buy what you want. Do not come back in 2 years regret your purchase.

Most of CPO cars are normal colors loaded with Bose and Sunroof that I never use even in my M2.
Therefore the savings coming out from a CPO is less than 10% to spec my own car.

I almost finalize my thoughts to proceed with a Carmine Red/Lava Orange or Guard Red color. Any advice is more than welcome. I have the option to see only Lava Orange in the showroom for a 991.1 GT3RS. All the other colours from the internet.

I have finally decided to spec RAS, brushed aluminium, PDK, smoke package, CLs, rear parking, sport folding buckets and red seatbelts.

No power steering plus, no extra options that does not contribute to special driving feeling for a weekend car. I removed even the multifunction steering wheel as I will have buttons in my daily SUV. I do not need buttons also in my weekend car. Focus on the road and emotions.

I have asked my dealer to make same configuration in Carrera T and price is 15K USD lower that GTS. Same car lower Hp and smaller brakes.

Thinking to go with GTS and build a keeper or add also Ceramic Brakes and downgrade to T.

For weekend car only either T or GTS will add a big smile in my face.

I was never think that buying a 911 is so difficult...
Old 02-02-2018, 06:32 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

With your budget, I'd go for the GTS rather than 'downgrade' to a T, in your words.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:39 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
With your budget, I'd go for the GTS rather than 'downgrade' to a T, in your words.
Downgrade from the GTS but serious upgrade from the M2.
Honestly speaking any 911 will be a dream car for me.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:33 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

OP, I have to tell you that both of my last two 911s have full leather and I made it a "must have" when I was shopping for my new car.

But then I found an in-state dealer had a 2017 S with 975 super-low-miles and everything just like I wanted, including GT Silver, Premium Plus, Sport Package with RWS, SPASM, and just the right wheels.... everything except for full leather! Gah! At first blush I dismissed it for not meeting an item on my must-have list. But then I came to my senses and came back around to look at it again.

I was still waffling a bit until I got inside one like it local to me and looked around and thought that the interior was pretty danged nice even without the leather. It doesn't strike me to be like the cheap plastic other more mundane cars have. So for the sake of many thousands of dollars and a chance to get everything else that apparently really mattered to me in a rare sub-1000 miles car, I bought it and haven't regretted it one bit.

Yes the full leather is nice, but if it comes down to money and you have other things that you'd prefer for that money... I don't think you'll have any regrets either. Just go in and sit in cars with both and see what you think for yourself. I'd be interested to hear what you think.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
I'd definitely get RAS. You don't have to push the car at all to notice how it transforms the handling of the car, you'll notice it in the first turn. I would never order a car without it.
+10
Old 02-03-2018, 03:40 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StormRune
OP, I have to tell you that both of my last two 911s have full leather and I made it a "must have" when I was shopping for my new car.

But then I found an in-state dealer had a 2017 S with 975 super-low-miles and everything just like I wanted, including GT Silver, Premium Plus, Sport Package with RWS, SPASM, and just the right wheels.... everything except for full leather! Gah! At first blush I dismissed it for not meeting an item on my must-have list. But then I came to my senses and came back around to look at it again.

I was still waffling a bit until I got inside one like it local to me and looked around and thought that the interior was pretty danged nice even without the leather. It doesn't strike me to be like the cheap plastic other more mundane cars have. So for the sake of many thousands of dollars and a chance to get everything else that apparently really mattered to me in a rare sub-1000 miles car, I bought it and haven't regretted it one bit.

Yes the full leather is nice, but if it comes down to money and you have other things that you'd prefer for that money... I don't think you'll have any regrets either. Just go in and sit in cars with both and see what you think for yourself. I'd be interested to hear what you think.
Fully agree with your points. Personally I think that any 991.2 911 will be a dream car for me.
I was never consider to buy sports cars but after the M2 I realised that I need to have a special weekend car for my next decade.

Even my current M2 which is fully loaded has plastic dashboard but honestly I had to discuss the options of the GTS here in order to go back to my M2 and see if bash is leather or plastic.
as soon as I enter the M2 and switch on the engine all my emotions moved to another world.
As soon as I activate sport + and open the MPE flaps the whole car is transformed totally.
No time to feel the dashboard or the seats. Just focus on the road and environment around you.

I do believe that 911 GTS will be even a league better therefore I do not need luxury items in my sports weekend car.

If GT3 was not 290 CO2 emmisions and had rear seats it will be my first priority.

I consider GTS with the options I consider to spec it will be the perfect car based on my status.

Anything more than the GTS needs to win the lottery.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:56 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

In case any member knows. The GTS model except the extra power versus base, T and S model does it have any upgrades in the car body, suspension, wheel arms etc or just a bigger turbo with higher pressure?

Thank you
Old 02-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Wide body, Sport Chrono, SPASM, 20" black centre lock wheels, black highlights inside & out, alcantara interior features. Check out the Porsche website.

Quick Reply: 2018 991.2 C2 GTS