Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DFW clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 08:57 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 736 Likes on 365 Posts

After some banter back and forth on Rennlist, amongst friends, and independent inquires I had my last clear bra installation done by Brian at Invisibra.

There is no question that Norm left big shoes for Brian to fill, and now Brian has done the same for Josh. I am aware of more than a few Porsche owners that traveled long distances to have their cars wrapped by these guys.

I believe in the one man one job philosophy. People like Norm, Brian, and Josh depend on their reputations.

I will have Josh at Invisibra wrap my car and report back.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Dude174
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

They also buy ads in the local PCA magazine - help the people who help support our club
Old 01-05-2018, 10:27 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Agreed. It’s worth investing in our community.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 AM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by JFerraro17
I've heard same input on Invisibra: new owner, expensive, long turn around times. Reputation is strong, but I wonder how much walked out the door with the old owner?

I went and visited Forcefield's shop. I was very impressed....and have pretty much stopped shopping around. Bid in hand, just need the car now. LOL

Kevin was very informative and forthright with his input. He *can* do it right at Autobahn (I guess they set him up right in the showroom and he covers the car "live" for all to see), but prefers his own facility. It's got clean, specialized air filtration, the film is cut right in the next room, etc, etc. I didn't realize he also does on-site at Park Place (my delivery will be at AB as well).

Lastly, this is ALL Forcefield does. No window tint, no detail services, nothing. Just custom Xpel film.

The biggest challenge is getting the car from west Fort Worth to his shop in Highland Village without a ding.....lots of construction and traffic between those two points!

We'll need to get all these N. Texas GTSs together one day!

as far as getting the car over to the shop...
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...ock-chips.html
Old 01-05-2018, 11:58 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Yup, that’s exactly what I did last time. Will also leave all the delivery tape in place. That stuff is pretty thick
Old 01-05-2018, 12:57 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

Do keep us posted on your experience - I will be in need of a wrap in the next few months.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:48 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I guess I’m confused as to why you started this thread.....

Last edited by JFerraro17; 01-05-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:21 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

For up to date information on who would be good to use. There have been significant behind the scenes changes at each of the suggested installers and I don’t want to depend on old information
Old 01-07-2018, 07:31 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Say Yes to PPF

Originally Posted by dmk2
Looking for some direction with who to take soon to come GTS to. I used Invisibra once before and was happy.

Any suggestions? Will take delivery at Autobahn.
Congrats on the GTS! We have many qualified installers throughout the DFW Metroplex. From the above-mentioned Forcefield Paint Shield in Lewisville to Houston Orona's team at XPEL Dallas at our two locations. You can get a list of DFW locations here - XPEL In DFW.

As far as coverage goes, typically on 911's we will do full front end and rocker panels. This includes the full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, side mirrors, rocker panels, and behind rear wheels. This will give you protection on all of the high impact areas.

Nobody knows Porsche better than XPEL as it is our #1 brand we protect, with 911 being the #1 model we protect. Be sure to also ask for pre-cut kits. You can get maximum coverage with a pre-cut kit without the worry of a blade on your paint as much. With the XPEL DAP Kit Software, the installer can click an edge they want to wrap, and then select how much they want to wrap it making virtually every edge wrappable.

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any other questions for you.

Hope to see everyone out at Porsche Parade, Rennsport Reunion, Boxstoberfest, and many more Porsche events throughout the year. You can also find our ad in Panorama.

#NoMoreRockChips

Old 01-07-2018, 11:28 PM
JoshVette
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A blade in the hands of a skilled professional can be a wonderful thing. Take for instance the front end of this new NSX, it has a honey comb pattern that fades into the front grill area. It was trimmed to fit perfectly and match the top of the honey comb design instead of a straight line which would have stood out poorly.

The issue is not with putting a blade to the film. The real issue is unskilled and poorly trained installers who rarely use a blade trying to trim an area. Any truthful installer of PPF will tell you no matter how well the pre-cut kit is, it will never fit perfectly and there's always areas that will need to be stretched and trimmed out. No matter what a blade will be used one way or another.

Josh

Last edited by JoshVette; 01-08-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:15 PM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Mainly because of the information in this and other Rennlist threads, I chose to have Josh at Invisibra install film on both my GT3 and Turbo S during the last three weeks. I could not be more pleased with the quality of work and the attention to detail that he demonstrated on both cars. If you are looking for an installer in the DFW area (I'm in MS and had the cars transported to him), he's certainly worthy of your consideration.

Quick Reply: DFW clear bra