Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 c2s: safe driving, road holding and safety

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:23 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Traction control has come a long way. Keep your tires in good shape and you’ll be fine. You’ll need some tread depth for hydroplaning resistance and if you have a cold season you’ll want to consider using winter tires.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:25 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 401 Posts

I would say you need to find a Porsche Experience Center and get brain washed a bit on Porsche handling.

A bit of seat time in the same car you purchased around a track with an experienced driver can give you a better understanding of it's limits.

Did you consider a C4 or C4S?
Old 01-05-2018, 02:43 AM
miglio
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, but at the end I choose S because I have a Macan S for bad season.

i live in good weather 10 months in a year

I have tried an S rwd and it's prefect, funny and stable in my test, but I've only ask at Rennlist family, that have more experience, if in other circumstances the car is safe and planted anyway.

I know the difference between the two traction and I choose the Rwd because I've always wanted the Real Porsche experience, but my question is very far from your answer.

After an Audi A5 3.0 Quattro, a Panamera 4s, now a Macan S...i want back to rwd like my old 98 slk, ‘05 Porsche Boxster, my ‘12 bmw 3.0.

I have only ask here if new classic 911 is more safe, stable and modern between the curves in sporty driving mode or it’s similar to my old cars I wrote before (???)

this because I can’t tried limits in my little test and here in Italy we do not try the cars all day several times, but only quickly and we close the contract.

I’d like to try (no first family car) the purist experience...I know that for everyday I had to buy the 4 or 4s, but i have already a wad Macan S and I bought this 911 for w.e. and funny moment.

that’s it

Luckily the time is near so I’ll answer me in In few days

Probably I have chosen wrong words for my English and I can't explain well my idea.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:46 AM
socalpcarfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miglio
Yes, but at the end I choose S because I have a Macan S for bad season.

I have tried an S rwd and it's prefect, funny and stable in my test, but I've only ask at Rennlist family, that have more experience, if in other circumstances the car is safe and planted anyway.

I know the difference between the two traction and I choose the Rwd because I've always wanted the Real Porsche experience, but my question is very far from your answer.

After an Audi A5 3.0 Quattro, a Panamera 4s, now a Macan S...i want back to rwd like my old 98 slk, ‘05 Porsche Boxster, my ‘12 bmw 3.0.

I have only ask here if new classic 911 is more safe, stable and modern between the curves in sporty driving mode, because I can’t try limits in my little test and here in Italy we do not try the cars all day several times, but only quickly and we close the contract.

I’d like to try (no first family car) the purist experience...I know that for everyday I had to buy the 4 or 4s, but i have already a wad Macan S and I bought this 911 for w.e. and funny moment.

that’s it

Luckily the time is near so I’ll answer me in In few days

Probably I have chosen wrong words for my English and I can't explain well my idea.
your English Very excellence. I understand you perfect good
Old 01-05-2018, 02:48 AM
miglio
Instructor

Originally Posted by socalpcarfan

thank you very much
Old 01-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Bishop200
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lei è italiano?
Old 01-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Big997Fan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the coolest reply...
Old 01-05-2018, 11:22 AM
miglio
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bishop200
Lei è italiano?
si sono italiano e abito in Emilia.
La terra dei cappelletti, tortelli, lasagne, parmigiano reggiano e aceto balsamico.

I'm Italian and I live in Emilia. The land of cappelletti, tortelli, lasagne, parmigiano reggiano and balsamic vinegar.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:39 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Another thing you can do, to increase 'safety', it to stay out of the "Sport" and "Sport Plus" modes of the car. Sport/Sport Plus modes allow the PASM to be more aggressive and less invasive.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:07 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

In my experience the new 911 C2s is very very planted and stable. The longer wheelbase of the later model 911s goes a long way to reducing the oversteer tendencies of the rear engine design. The only moment I ever had in my 2017 911.2 C2s was exiting a sharp low speed turn on a cool day (45 degrees F) on full gas in sport plus mode. I hit a small damp patch and the back end started to slide, but the stability control kicked in and combined with me steering into the slide, the car straigtened out very quickly. Totally my fault as I was on the stock Pirelli P Zero summer tires. Otherwise the car has been incredibly planted and predictable. BTW I love the rear wheel steering. Makes the car even more agile and also comes in very handy in parking lots because it reduces the turning radius of the car. Glad I got it.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:15 PM
miglio
Instructor

Originally Posted by dflowerz
In my experience the new 911 C2s is very very planted and stable. The longer wheelbase of the later model 911s goes a long way to reducing the oversteer tendencies of the rear engine design. The only moment I ever had in my 2017 911.2 C2s was exiting a sharp low speed turn on a cool day (45 degrees F) on full gas in sport plus mode. I hit a small damp patch and the back end started to slide, but the stability control kicked in and combined with me steering into the slide, the car straigtened out very quickly. Totally my fault as I was on the stock Pirelli P Zero summer tires. Otherwise the car has been incredibly planted and predictable. BTW I love the rear wheel steering. Makes the car even more agile and also comes in very handy in parking lots because it reduces the turning radius of the car. Glad I got it.
thank you very much,
Awesome explanation and good news for me

Best regards
Old 01-05-2018, 01:25 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Your English is far better than my Italian, and I love Italy..... Last trip I rented a Fiat 500 and was off to the Ferrari Museums in Maranello and Modedo. I was weak after my museum tours and rented a 599 for a trip into the hills outside Maranello.

Ciao'!
Old 01-05-2018, 01:34 PM
miglio
Instructor

Originally Posted by drcollie
Your English is far better than my Italian, and I love Italy..... Last trip I rented a Fiat 500 and was off to the Ferrari Museums in Maranello and Modedo. I was weak after my museum tours and rented a 599 for a trip into the hills outside Maranello.

Ciao'!
Wow fantastic trip.

I live very near (30km) to Maranello that is under Modena province.

A 599 trip into hills is a must... Good choice!

I hope you've passed happy and funny moments, also with food
Old 01-05-2018, 10:32 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by miglio

si sono italiano e abito in Emilia.
La terra dei cappelletti, tortelli, lasagne, parmigiano reggiano e aceto balsamico.

I'm Italian and I live in Emilia. The land of cappelletti, tortelli, lasagne, parmigiano reggiano and balsamic vinegar.
Thanks a lot, miglio--you made me hungry.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:36 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Is that you Dick ?

Quick Reply: 991 c2s: safe driving, road holding and safety