Sponsored by:

Carrera T - MotorTrend Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 04:30 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
This is precisely why I am torn. I miss the 911 rear engine dynamics but not 100% fond of the turbo motor. While the 982 spyder with the supposed detuned 4.0 ticks the motor box but the mid engine layout doesn't tick the rear engine box.
A CPO #1 car is still a hell of a lot cheaper than a new #2 and ticks the boxes. If we're talking new only then you will have to choose a GT car or the 982 for NA.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:59 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
This car really has me torn between it and the new spyder
I have no interest in the Spyder, but even if I did...two very different cars.

Originally Posted by FifthGear
Yeah, but what you're looking for is usually more of a "brake pad choice" and regular bleeding than anything else. Other than on track, it's a bit of a fallacy that you need bigger brakes. The ones it has will stop the car.
Agree.

Originally Posted by Jzips
One of these spec’ed with PCCB and the LWB seats would be a sick car. Add a tune and you’ve got a very special beast.
I specced PCCBs on my GT3 but will pass on them for the T. I had the the standard brakes on my 991 C2 and they were very good. Buckets, though, are a must for me. And, unlike PCCBs, they are one of the key distinguishing features of the T, when compared to all other Carreras.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:57 AM
porsche42
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to think there are just too many 911 models. Can't imagine the assembly line with that many different models, some just slightly different than other
ones. Couldn't there just be more options and less models. IMHO.

Quick Reply: Carrera T - MotorTrend Review