Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO Car Warranty Change?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I believe CPO is now 2 years UNLIMITED miles. Check it out.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...rscheapproved/

Porsche Approved means
  • 2 Years / Unlimited Miles Warranty coverage after the expiration of the new vehicle limited warranty or from the date of sale if the new vehicle limited warranty has expired
  • The vehicle meets the Porsche preparation standards
  • The certification vehicle has been inspected in compliance with our 111-point checklist
  • All work has been performed by Porsche trained technicians
  • Only Genuine Porsche parts have been used
Old 12-15-2017, 10:34 AM
Dkayak
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. Maybe for low mileage service loaners only? There’s an * following that bulleted list, but the * isn’t used anywhere above so it’s hard to know how it applies.

*Vehicles previously in service as a dealer demonstration or service loaner unit and has been in service for 6 months or has less than 10,000 miles on the odometer, a limited CPO inspection has been performed on this vehicle rather than the standard 111-point CPO inspection.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:53 PM
glayfan40
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From this page - https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...ures/warranty/

......In case of a problem, the comprehensive warranty covers 100% of the costs for material and labor.*

Porsche Approved Certified Pre-owned Limited Warranty:
  • 2 Years / Unlimited Mileage Warranty coverage from the expiration of the new vehicle limited warranty or the date of sale if the new vehicle limited warranty has expired**
  • 2 Years / Unlimited Mileage Porsche Roadside Assistance
  • Factory trained technicians perform repairs
  • No deductible
  • Redeemable at every Porsche Dealer
  • Only Genuine Porsche parts are used
*Porsche Cars North America will repair or replace with a new or remanufactured part any factory-installed part that is faulty in material workmanship under normal use.

**This new warranty does not apply to vehicles sold as CPO prior to December 1, 2017 or vehicles with an existing 2 year/100,000 mileage warranty while still covered under the new vehicle limited warranty. This warranty is not valid if sold by any non-authorized commercial dealer or broker. If this vehicle is traded to a non-authorized Porsche dealer or broker for resale purposes, the Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is void.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:32 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,079 Likes on 647 Posts

For reference, Mercedes Benz CPO extends coverage by 2 years, and for unlimited miles.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:15 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkayak
Interesting. Maybe for low mileage service loaners only? There’s an * following that bulleted list, but the * isn’t used anywhere above so it’s hard to know how it applies.

*Vehicles previously in service as a dealer demonstration or service loaner unit and has been in service for 6 months or has less than 10,000 miles on the odometer, a limited CPO inspection has been performed on this vehicle rather than the standard 111-point CPO inspection.
That's what the salesperson told me the other day. It'd be nice if all this were spelled out in writing, in sufficient detail! For the "standard" CPOs, I think it works that the standard warranty runs until you hit either 50k miles of 4 years, which ever comes first, and then you get coverage for two years with unlimited miles after that.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:47 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,018 Likes on 959 Posts

There HAS been a "change" or whatever you want to call it.

Porsche is letting dealerships CPO cars that meet the so called standard (a standard which keeps eroding) even if the cars are over 4 years old at the time of resale as a CPO.

Porsche is doing this to increase sales and in essence sort of preserve a resale market so to speak. Dealers actually get kick backs on how many cars they are able to CPO and how many CPO cars are sold.

Its quiet a complex and interesting creative market scheme, probably helps that so many Porsche cars have very low miles even after 5, 6 or more years.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:23 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
There HAS been a "change" or whatever you want to call it.

Porsche is letting dealerships CPO cars that meet the so called standard (a standard which keeps eroding) even if the cars are over 4 years old at the time of resale as a CPO.

Porsche is doing this to increase sales and in essence sort of preserve a resale market so to speak. Dealers actually get kick backs on how many cars they are able to CPO and how many CPO cars are sold.

Its quiet a complex and interesting creative market scheme, probably helps that so many Porsche cars have very low miles even after 5, 6 or more years.
Porsche used to be able to CPO cars up to 13 yrs old as long as they meet certain conditions.

Such as mileage below 124k miles.
Less than a certain number of panels replaced.
etc.

Adding CPO when buying added 2 yrs and unlimited mileage to the original warranty (total 6 yrs / unlimited mileage) to my 911.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:31 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

What about special coverage on loaners/demo models which sort of fall under the same category as CPOs, but from my understanding, do not go through the 100+ point conventional CPO inspection process? I was was told these are typically put up for sale before they reach around 10k miles and that you can get the same or similar extended CPO-like warranty on them. Can someone please confirm or refute this?
Old 02-22-2020, 12:12 AM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 428 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by tk-porsche
What about special coverage on loaners/demo models which sort of fall under the same category as CPOs, but from my understanding, do not go through the 100+ point conventional CPO inspection process? I was was told these are typically put up for sale before they reach around 10k miles and that you can get the same or similar extended CPO-like warranty on them. Can someone please confirm or refute this?

I own one of these, 2018 Macan service loaner sold at 10k miles.

It’s a regular CPO, no difference from any other CPO (2 addt’l years/unlimited miles warranty coverage). The only difference is to the dealer, not to you. For a regular CPO, the dealer has to perform a 100+ point inspection, a loaner CPO only has to pass a more limited inspection.

For the buyer, it’s the same program, and when you roll into the service bay the SM will never know which inspection it received, only that it’s covered by the CPO program.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 716 Likes on 479 Posts

I was at a Porsche event this weekend and a guy told me you could pay to extend the CPO warranty? Anyone here do that?

I have an email in to PCNA Atlanta to get the official answer, but I was curious if anyone here had done this. I bought my ‘17 C2 last year as a CPO, and am interested in options to extend it.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:00 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins
I was at a Porsche event this weekend and a guy told me you could pay to extend the CPO warranty? Anyone here do that?

I have an email in to PCNA Atlanta to get the official answer, but I was curious if anyone here had done this. I bought my ‘17 C2 last year as a CPO, and am interested in options to extend it.
Mine runs out in July - not sure I will get an extended warranty or not. Most likely not, but would be interesting to learn (if they do that) what the cost would be compared to Fidelity for example.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 716 Likes on 479 Posts

So here’s what they told me:

PCNA rep indicated they could not respond on this and referred me to my local dealer.

I contacted the Sales Manager of the dealership I work with, and he stated they would ‘work up a quote’. I said no thanks, I was only interested if my Porsche CPO could be extended.

So: looks like I’ll only have aftermarket options for my 991.2 when my CPO expires August ‘23.

Having said that, is there a go-to aftermarket company y’all like so I can get an idea of pricing and coverage? I typically don’t do this, preferring to roll the dice by buying a reliable car, DIYing my maintenance and saving my money for when I do need a part or service. Generally I come out ahead.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:43 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,018 Likes on 959 Posts

Having said that, is there a go-to aftermarket company y’all like so I can get an idea of pricing and coverage? I typically don’t do this, preferring to roll the dice by buying a reliable car, DIYing my maintenance and saving my money for when I do need a part or service. Generally I come out ahead.
Search for Jordan selling Fidelity warranty on this forum. Thats the go-to company

Quick Reply: CPO Car Warranty Change?