Sponsored by:

Another delay. 🤬🤬

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 12:48 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Another delay. 🤬🤬

“I keep checking your order to see what the latest ETA is for your GTS. It appears that it will now be March 30
th
. There appears to be a single part shortage (they won’t tell me what it is) that is delaying all the GTS orders.

I’ll keep checking and will keep you informed of any changes.”

Recieved this morning....sounds like a GTS issue (?)

Anyway, this is the 4th schedule slip since my order was placed; and I’ve got to say, if I was actually paying for this car, I would’ve cancelled it. Absolutely absurd, Porsche. Pathetic.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:52 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro17

Anyway, this is the 4th schedule slip since my order was placed; and I’ve got it say, if I was actually paying for this car, I would’ve cancelled it. Absolutely absurd, Porsche. Pathetic.
how did you order a porsche without actually paying for it? I want in on that too...

but that sucks, when did you place the order?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

That's the date I have for my GTS, too...

“I keep checking your order to see what the latest ETA is for your GTS. It appears that it will now be March 30
th
. There appears to be a single part shortage (they won’t tell me what it is) that is delaying all the GTS orders.

I’ll keep checking and will keep you informed of any changes.”

Recieved this morning....sounds like a GTS issue (?)

Anyway, this is the 4th schedule slip since my order was placed; and I’ve got to say, if I was actually paying for this car, I would’ve cancelled it. Absolutely absurd, Porsche. Pathetic.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:00 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Hurricane—

Did you order mid-September and have an original delivery date just after 1/1/18?

basic666–

Only one applies:
a) Civil War gold bars found in my backyard
b) insurance money after murder plot
c) bestowed upon me by King of Germany
d) PCA Spring Raffle winner
Old 12-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

I ordered at the end of October.

This is the latest that I have:

Attachment 1352178

Hurricane—

Did you order mid-September and have an original delivery date just after 1/1/18?

basic666–

Only one applies:
a) Civil War gold bars found in my backyard
b) insurance money after murder plot
c) bestowed upon me by King of Germany
d) PCA Spring Raffle winner
Old 12-11-2017, 02:45 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

At this point, their dates mean nothing to me. I’m completely disheartened, frankly.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

The part shortage must have been recent, because my GTS that I ordered in early September is sitting at my dealership right now, 3 weeks ahead of the original delivery estimate. Now I'm waiting on a combination of the title arriving at the dealership, and finding a time when my wife can accompany me to sign paperwork. Due to the latter I suspect I'll be picking it up on Saturday.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:22 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

I think the real issue is the factory shuts down for the last two weeks of the year. I have a GTS in order too. My guess is your production spot is really the second week of January, hence the March projected delivery. I'm sure it will come in early March - very frustrating but don't lose faith, Spring is coming!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:29 PM
swisman
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep..my delivery is pushed back to March, as well. Build is delayed a little over a month.
Not a big deal for me since I live in the Northeast & the roads are usually crappy until March anyway.
But Porsche didn't know this 2 weeks ago?
Old 12-11-2017, 06:33 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Sure, I completely understand the Christmas thing. Honestly, I would be leery of a car built that week. My point is, I was originally shown the car was going to be here the first week in January...on a boat over Christmas....which, if "ahead of schedule" form held, meant possibly late December delivery. I can see a two week slip for holiday break (although even that seems wrong/odd based on my original schedule). But we're talking THREE MONTHS DELAY as of now. Guys have practically ordered and been delivered quicker than 3 months, soup to nuts.

I know, I know, very little sympathy for a guy who won a 911. But the joy and excitement I felt that first day I found out have slowly been sapped away by a forever slipping delivery date. Call me impatient, but life is short, man.

PS. BlackBeauty, in Texas, this is some of the best driving time of the year right now!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:38 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,014 Posts

What part would cause delays in GTS models but no others? I am guessing it is the larger Turbo since it is a unique part to the GTS. Did this fire at the factory that produces your Turbo impact your car? It sure sounds like it.

See this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1034...r-porsche.html
Old 12-11-2017, 06:44 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I googled factory fires in Germany that make high performance engine components and came up with this:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/356370...nn-in-germany/

It's from May though so you would think that if this was the cause, it should have had an impact on the supply chain earlier than now. I doubt they stock up on Turbo chargers.

Edit: The Schaeffler Group makes ball bearings for car turbo chargers. Not sure if they make it for Porsche but the dots are lining up.

Yes, I have time on my hands to google this stuff.

Edit again: Schaeffler and Porsche have a clear relationship and Schaeffler does supply Porsche with parts. One of many articles.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300096357.html
Old 12-11-2017, 11:01 PM
scsuperfan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you guys get those print out of times? Should i be able to log into something to see the status of my S on order?

Don't mean to derail the thread.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:11 PM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 991.2 GTS on order, it was a PTS November allocation. It went into production 11/13 and finally came out 12/6. I read on another thread that there was some production line update... Maybe that pushed everything back?
Old 12-11-2017, 11:14 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by scsuperfan
how do you guys get those print out of times? Should i be able to log into something to see the status of my S on order?

Don't mean to derail the thread.
Have to get it from your SA.

Quick Reply: Another delay. 🤬🤬