Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whoo-ya's 991 Project @Glistening Perfection - Paint correction-clear bra-nano-tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 02:32 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 751 Likes on 392 Posts
Lightbulb Whoo-ya's 991 Project @Glistening Perfection - Paint correction-clear bra-nano-tint

We had a lot of fun working on this project. The color alone was amazing to bring to life. We performed a much-needed paint correction to remove all the factory swirls and buffer marks. We then meticulasly applied 3M Pro v.4 PPF to entire vehicle. Huper Optik Ceramic 60 window film was applied to all windows. CQuartz Professional Nano Coating applied on all the painted surfaces/PPF.

Door, a-pillar, and fender meet at this area. No seam or edge is visible making it look completely OEM.

A little behind-the-scene...no spare parts

We always do headlights to protect them. As you can see from steps taken, a lot of skill and expertise goes into a flawless install that protects without damage during the installation

Project Complete

Huper Optik Ceramic 60 applied on all windows. Very subtle, but amazing heat/IR/UV rejection. Both 911s in photo have this film

Very impressed with the clarity of 3M's new Pro film. An added benefit, 5-year Chip Warranty. If chip penetrates the film and damages the paint, 3M allow us to repair it at any body shop we choose, up to $3500 per incidnet

CQuartz Professional does an amazing job protecting the clear bra and making it look amazingly like paint

Wheels and calipers steam cleaned and nano coated with CQuartz UK

Old 12-06-2017, 03:11 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

How does the Huper Optik Ceramic 60 window film hold up over time and does it degrade with wiper use?
Old 12-06-2017, 04:20 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jnolan
How does the Huper Optik Ceramic 60 window film hold up over time and does it degrade with wiper use?
The film goes INSIDE the vehicle. There are films that go on the windshield to protect it from rock chips. Is that what you were thinking of?
Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 PM
jnolan
Pro

yes, protect against rocks. Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
The film goes INSIDE the vehicle. There are films that go on the windshield to protect it from rock chips. Is that what you were thinking of?
Old 12-06-2017, 05:27 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Great work, Moe! Great photography, too. Nice how you layed it our with before & after shots back to back. Thank you.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:37 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts

Amazing amount of tear down and re-assembly. Very impressive work.

I was of the opinion that placing PPF on the headlights created a delamination issue with the coating from the OEM on the light covers?

Last edited by AlBinVA; 12-06-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:37 PM
jnolan
Pro

No kidding. How many hours did you spend on this job?
Old 12-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Whoo-ya
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An absolutely fantastic job by Moe. Thank you to STG and all of the Rennlisters for your recommendation of Moe and Glistening Perfection. I feel very fortunate that I'm relatively local to him. As an old school DIY clay, polish and wax guy, I was somewhat hesitant to embrace this new style of car care. I'm very pleased with Moe's attention to detail and the stellar results. It's really neat to see the the in-progress photos. Thanks, Moe. Great work!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 308 Posts
Default Lights Door Handles

Also interested in the lamentation issue. My guy did not say anything about taking door handles off how long do you estimate this took ?

Originally Posted by AlBinVA

I was of the opinion that placing PPF on the headlights created a delamination issue with the coating from the OEM on the light covers?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:04 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AlBinVA

Thank you Sir. Appreciate you checking it out.As for delamination issue, It’s something that hasn’t been an issue for us at all on ANY 991 we’ve covered, and we’ve covered the headlights on a 991 on EVERY installation except one or two...so that hundreds of installation WITH headlights.This should only be done by an installer that has had many experience doing the headlights as there is definitely a process to doing it correctly.If film needs to be remove during installation, it can safely be done, as we’ve shown in this thread:https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1030...l#post14569921Hope that helps
Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Whoo-ya
An absolutely fantastic job by Moe. Thank you to STG and all of the Rennlisters for your recommendation of Moe and Glistening Perfection. I feel very fortunate that I'm relatively local to him. As an old school DIY clay, polish and wax guy, I was somewhat hesitant to embrace this new style of car care. I'm very pleased with Moe's attention to detail and the stellar results. It's really neat to see the the in-progress photos. Thanks, Moe. Great work!
Thank you VERY much for the opportunity and really glad you allowed us to try the new 3M film on your 991. The experience for us was great and now we’ve done many installations with this film with excellent results and feedback from clients.Look forward to caring for your 911 for many years. See you next year for the semi-annual service.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:09 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Another masterpiece. Looks great Moe.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:41 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

<div style="text-align:left;"></div>
Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Joe, are you liking 3M more than the sun tech for clarity etc?
thanks!
Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Moe, are you liking 3M more than the sun tech for clarity etc?
thanks!

Quick Reply: Whoo-ya's 991 Project @Glistening Perfection - Paint correction-clear bra-nano-tint