Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member, New PTS C4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 08:16 PM
neuneleven
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sharp! Enjoy your ride and welcome to the forum.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:22 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

looks spectacular! congrats.
Could you tell us about the PEC delivery experience? Did you have an additional delay on that? When I ordered they said it could take an extra 6 weeks for them to work me in for PEC delivery as they only do 2 deliveries a day there.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

the color really highlights the beauty of the 991.2.
love the spec you chose. congrats and well done!
Old 12-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

It's a real beauty! Congratulations and enjoy.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:47 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Beautiful Car but the color is a little old fashioned, Guards Red maybe a better choice
^ No bites??
Old 12-06-2017, 09:53 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Amazing!!!
Congrats and thanks for posting.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:43 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by TTSPete
^ No bites??
I think everyone is kind of overwhelmed by how nice it is, plus the spec (Powerkit! PCCBs!) If you want to troll this one, you've gotta up your game!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:02 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
I think everyone is kind of overwhelmed by how nice it is, plus the spec (Powerkit! PCCBs!) If you want to troll this one, you've gotta up your game!
Finally someone, didnt want to up my game too much, it's my brother's car and it's beautiful, can't wait to see it in person (but i do like my GR turbo)
Old 12-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Nyati
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
looks spectacular! congrats.
Could you tell us about the PEC delivery experience? Did you have an additional delay on that? When I ordered they said it could take an extra 6 weeks for them to work me in for PEC delivery as they only do 2 deliveries a day there.
The Good:
I would recommend PEC delivery to anyone. We stayed the night before at the Porsche owned Solis Hotel which overlooks the track. (It's only been open a month - I think we were the first people to stay in our room). The Overdrive Bar is on the top floor and overlooks the whole property. It was good it was close because I didn't get much sleep the night before.

When you arrive at 9 AM - you get a tour of the museum, saw a LeMans winning 919, then the Porsche Classic Center where they restore older Porsches (saw them building a 930 engine) then took us to a lounge where the car was waiting under a cover. We signed a board (we were the #484 Porsche delivered in Atlanta this year), spent about 1 1/2 hour where they explained all the functions of the car, took photos etc. Then my wife and I got 1 1/2 hours driving on the course with a C4S and instructor, with track time, wet skid pad, slalom, launch control, etc. - it was like riding a roller coaster for 1 1/2 hours. Then we got taken to the 356 restaurant for lunch (they had an in house chef). The food was awesome. The whole experience from the beginning to the end was amazing. We were treated like royalty from everyone, the receptionist, the guide, the driving instructor, + a bunch of other people. They give you a goodie bag on your way out which includes a flash drive with photos of your car and your delivery experience.

It's my understanding (I could be wrong- could just be a rumor) that the preparation of your car is better than some dealers and the guys that prep your car for delivery are the cream of the crop.

The Bad:
It does add a few weeks to the time you get your car. Our car arrived in Jacksonville the first week of November, and we weren't able to schedule delivery until yesterday. They deliver a maximum of 2 cars a day (1 morning, 1 afternoon) - ours was the only car yesterday. It's frustrating knowing that you could have had your car 3 weeks earlier if you didn't have to schedule delivery.

At the time I ordered my car (almost 9 months ago- like having a real baby) - it was free to have your car delivered at PEC. Now looking at the configurator, it costs $400-$1000 depending on what model you buy. Porsche Tax I guess - Dunno if I want to pay for the delay. It's December and they've delivered 484 cars this year - so it's not a lot % wise.

I'm glad I did it though - it's like Disneyland for adults. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:18 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyati
Hi folks. This is my first post and I wanted to introduce myself. I bought a new 2018 C4S and it finally came in and I picked it up yesterday at the Atlanta PEC. It's a PTS Aetna Blue C4S with PCCB, PDCC, Powerkit to make 450HP, 4 wheel steering, PDK, Carrera Sport Wheels (the nearest thing I could get to Fuchs), sunroof delete, Bose. I think it turned out real nice.

Absolutely stunning. Enjoy your car!
Old 12-07-2017, 02:27 AM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

OP, your car is beautiful! Aside, I was wondering if the pictures you posted were part of what they gave you on the USB drive, or did you take them yourself? If they took them, then that is quite a nice memento that sells the experience even more.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:53 AM
Ørjan
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 58 Posts

I actually said WOW out loud! This is truly beautiful; you have excellent taste The painted side skirt and rear fascia does a lot - sport design mirrors also, and the Carrera sport wheels are items that makes it just that much nicer. And the color of course, real classic, but it fits the modern .2 really well.

It surely must have been well worth the wait
Old 12-07-2017, 07:23 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Very nice! Congrats. I want your wheels, and I have the coveted Sport Technos, as I say that!!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:51 AM
mrneddles
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyati
The Good:
I would recommend PEC delivery to anyone. We stayed the night before at the Porsche owned Solis Hotel which overlooks the track. (It's only been open a month - I think we were the first people to stay in our room). The Overdrive Bar is on the top floor and overlooks the whole property. It was good it was close because I didn't get much sleep the night before.

When you arrive at 9 AM - you get a tour of the museum, saw a LeMans winning 919, then the Porsche Classic Center where they restore older Porsches (saw them building a 930 engine) then took us to a lounge where the car was waiting under a cover. We signed a board (we were the #484 Porsche delivered in Atlanta this year), spent about 1 1/2 hour where they explained all the functions of the car, took photos etc. Then my wife and I got 1 1/2 hours driving on the course with a C4S and instructor, with track time, wet skid pad, slalom, launch control, etc. - it was like riding a roller coaster for 1 1/2 hours. Then we got taken to the 356 restaurant for lunch (they had an in house chef). The food was awesome. The whole experience from the beginning to the end was amazing. We were treated like royalty from everyone, the receptionist, the guide, the driving instructor, + a bunch of other people. They give you a goodie bag on your way out which includes a flash drive with photos of your car and your delivery experience.

It's my understanding (I could be wrong- could just be a rumor) that the preparation of your car is better than some dealers and the guys that prep your car for delivery are the cream of the crop.

The Bad:
It does add a few weeks to the time you get your car. Our car arrived in Jacksonville the first week of November, and we weren't able to schedule delivery until yesterday. They deliver a maximum of 2 cars a day (1 morning, 1 afternoon) - ours was the only car yesterday. It's frustrating knowing that you could have had your car 3 weeks earlier if you didn't have to schedule delivery.

At the time I ordered my car (almost 9 months ago- like having a real baby) - it was free to have your car delivered at PEC. Now looking at the configurator, it costs $400-$1000 depending on what model you buy. Porsche Tax I guess - Dunno if I want to pay for the delay. It's December and they've delivered 484 cars this year - so it's not a lot % wise.

I'm glad I did it though - it's like Disneyland for adults. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Great breakdown of the experience. I would add to your roller coaster point: If you are over the age of 40 and NOT accustomed to driving on a track, you may want to consult your physician about motion sickness medications before the drive. I felt like I was on small boat in rough seas for hours afterwards.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Nyati
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteducktail
OP, your car is beautiful! Aside, I was wondering if the pictures you posted were part of what they gave you on the USB drive, or did you take them yourself? If they took them, then that is quite a nice memento that sells the experience even more.
All these photos were on the USB drive they gave me except loading the car in the trailer. I took a camera with me - but the guy said "enjoy yourself - we'll take photos so you can relax". I mainly took photos of my wife on the track, (spinning out on the wet skid pad ) All the good photos were ones they took.

Quick Reply: New Member, New PTS C4S