Picture of installed warning triangle and/or factory first aid kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Picture of installed warning triangle and/or factory first aid kit

Folks,

Do you any of you have close up shots of factory warning triangles installed in your 991 that you can show me. Pictures during install would be fantastic too. I searched here the the DIY forum but haven't found anything yet. Pictures of installed factory first aid kits would be a bonus!

Thank you in advance! I'm not worried about the technical difficulties of the install but I would love to see a picture or two before I start cutting carpet in the frunk.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:56 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

If yours is the warning triangle in the case ... I just clipped my case to the front of the frunk and did not cut any carpet at all.... put the velcro strap around the first aid kit and stick it wherever you would like .... at least that is what I did on my 2013....
Old 12-03-2017, 06:01 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Here you go....

I think you only get these with the European cars and they don't come with a US spec car. Both of my Porsches are European delivery.

First pic includes warning triangle and first aid kit. For reference, the warning triangle is about 14" long. Second pic is with them opened up. First aid kit looks like it only contains gause and a scissor.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

I have an American specification 2014 991. I lived in Germany for three years and we were required to have them. Here is the warning triangle. If you feel under your carpet you can see where the mounting screws go through the carpet. I had a generic first aid kit.

Last edited by Pavegeno928; 12-03-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:42 AM
Mountain_Smith
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip Goughary
Folks,

Do you any of you have close up shots of factory warning triangles installed in your 991 that you can show me. Pictures during install would be fantastic too. I searched here the the DIY forum but haven't found anything yet. Pictures of installed factory first aid kits would be a bonus!

Thank you in advance! I'm not worried about the technical difficulties of the install but I would love to see a picture or two before I start cutting carpet in the frunk.
You can pull the carpet out far enough to see the warning triangle mounting tabs stamped in the sheet metal tub for the frunk. Pavegeno928's pics will give you a good idea of where the triangle is mounted and where you should pull the carpet out to hunt for the tabs. I used a fresh razor scraper blade to make the slits in the carpet to connect the mounting kit to the metal tabs behind the carpet.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Thank you all for the responses! For followup, this is a US spec C4S, so it did not come with mounting hardware for the warning triangle. I did pull back the carpet at the back of the frunk and did see the mounting tabs. It seems that Suncoast sent me the wrong plastic mounting hardware (which is why I was so confused). I'll get that sorted with them this week.

As for the factory first aid kit, boy do I feel dumb. I bought it when I was still driving a Cayenne and thought to myself, "how annoying that they make the strap velcro. I wonder what vehicle that's for..." Sigh. Thank you for shining light on my stupidity! First Aid kit happily stuck to the side of the frunk now.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:25 PM
BillsGTS
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts

Photo shows the first aid kit and warning triangle installed in my US spec 2016 GTS. The first aid kit is installed as found on European spec 991's where it is required in certain countries. I verified the location by viewing a number of 991's when I was in Europe last year. Also, as others have posted, you can cut the trunk lining to install the 2 mounting brackets for the triangle. I chose to order the trunk lining for the European car which comes already factory cut. The part number is 99155104515A31 and cost $163.00. But I did have to do some minor trimming for the inside truck release mechanism. I guess the European models are not required to have the inside release. Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Hugely helpful guys, thank you! Turns out it's the right part. All set.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Lava Fire
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BillsGTS
Photo shows the first aid kit and warning triangle installed in my US spec 2016 GTS. The first aid kit is installed as found on European spec 991's where it is required in certain countries. I verified the location by viewing a number of 991's when I was in Europe last year. Also, as others have posted, you can cut the trunk lining to install the 2 mounting brackets for the triangle. I chose to order the trunk lining for the European car which comes already factory cut. The part number is 99155104515A31 and cost $163.00. But I did have to do some minor trimming for the inside truck release mechanism. I guess the European models are not required to have the inside release. Hope this helps.
I'm going to do the same thing to my just arrived 2018 Targa. Just ordered the two brackets to hold the triangle. Are the euro trunk liner holes round? If I used a hole punch would I accomplish the same result? Would this be easier than ordering a new trunk liner and trimming for the inside frunk release lever?
Old 12-05-2017, 04:54 PM
BillsGTS
Banned

Not round holes. When you get the brackets you will see how you need to cut the lining to install them. Most folks just do the trimming on their existing liner and replacing it with the European liner is not necessary although it is cut out perfectly for the brackets. What I had to trim for the inside release lever was simple and is hidden by the lever when it is reinstalled.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Lava Fire
Intermediate

Not round holes. When you get the brackets you will see how you need to cut the lining to install them. Most folks just do the trimming on their existing liner and replacing it with the European liner is not necessary although it is cut out perfectly for the brackets. What I had to trim for the inside release lever was simple and is hidden by the lever when it is reinstalled.
Thanks. I guess I'm wondering why it's better to go the route you did instead of modifying the liner that came with the car?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you happen to have a pic of the liner with the access holes before installation? I have the brackets but would like to see the shape and location of the holes. Thanks. D
Old 12-08-2017, 12:01 PM
BillsGTS
Banned

I ordered the European liner thinking there would be no trimming needed.
Sorry, I didn't take any photos.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Lava Fire
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Duke I

Do you happen to have a pic of the liner with the access holes before installation? I have the brackets but would like to see the shape and location of the holes. Thanks. D
I ordered the European liner thinking there would be no trimming needed.
Sorry, I didn't take any photos.
I'm now in the same boat, I've received the brackets but would like to see what the cut out looks like. I suppose that if one attempts to do the cut out and it gets botched, it's not the end of the world cost wise to order a new one.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:14 PM
BillsGTS
Banned

I think that is a good way to go. Like you state, if cutting out for the brackets doesn't turn out satisfactory you can always then choose to order the other liner. It is easy to change out and trimming for the release lever is very simple. Plus the trimming is behind the release lever covering.

Quick Reply: Picture of installed warning triangle and/or factory first aid kit