Sponsored by:

Satin Black Paint Code

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 10:19 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Satin Black Paint Code

Anyone have the paint code for satin black basecoat and corresponding clear coat? I used search but couldn’t find anything on it. Thanks
Old 12-01-2017, 11:14 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Anyone have the paint code for satin black basecoat and corresponding clear coat? I used search but couldn’t find anything on it. Thanks
Not sure what part you are referring-to in this case, but for plastic / body parts satin black code is 4PK. Black code is 1E0. Primer coating is G2X. Carbon Gloss Black is A3G.
If you are asking about wheels, then JE1 is Black Mat, 041 is Black, C9X is Jet Black Metallic. I am not aware of a paint code for satin black on a wheel, although there are options I344:Rim Painted Silk-Glossy Black, and IXDK:Silky gloss rims, Black Matt.

UPDATE: I checked, and actually for wheels there isn't any touch-up kit, if that is why you were asking. You would have to use one of the paint codes above to source/paint the wheel. I am still checking if the GTS wheel is one of the above, or has a unique code... so far nada.

Hopefully something here helps you out.... !

Cheers!

Last edited by plenum; 12-01-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:55 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by plenum
Not sure what part you are referring-to in this case, but for plastic / body parts satin black code is 4PK. Black code is 1E0. Primer coating is G2X. Carbon Gloss Black is A3G.
If you are asking about wheels, then JE1 is Black Mat, 041 is Black, C9X is Jet Black Metallic. I am not aware of a paint code for satin black on a wheel, although there are options I344:Rim Painted Silk-Glossy Black, and IXDK:Silky gloss rims, Black Matt.

UPDATE: I checked, and actually for wheels there isn't any touch-up kit, if that is why you were asking. You would have to use one of the paint codes above to source/paint the wheel. I am still checking if the GTS wheel is one of the above, or has a unique code... so far nada.

Hopefully something here helps you out.... !

Cheers!
Thanks for the info plenum. Sorry that I was not clear, but looking for basecoat/clearcoat coat codes for the black satin wheels. I assume the wheel paint is basecoat and a satin or matte clear coat. Do you know if JE1 is a basecoat or is it a single stage paint?
Old 12-02-2017, 09:06 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Our cars don't use single stage paints anymore. Your satin clear coat is more important to the final finish than the base color coat. Look into paint products from Wurth USA. I understand your wheel will be repaired by your W&T Insurance Policy. Good on you.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:05 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LexVan
Our cars don't use single stage paints anymore. Your satin clear coat is more important to the final finish than the base color coat. Look into paint products from Wurth USA. I understand your wheel will be repaired by your W&T Insurance Policy. Good on you.
Thats what I thought would be true on the paint, although solids may still be single stage....it was on my Guards Red 2014 Boxster.

Yes the wheel should be covered, however wheel repair companies normally spray the entire wheel. I’d rather do a minimal touch up myself on the very small wheel,scratch than an entire wheel paint job if possible. That said, every P-car I have bought I bought the tire and wheel ins and on all but one I’ve received some benefit from having it. My dealer uses third party for the insurance so when you trade the car you get a prorated refund on the number of months left on the contract, so it’s a no brainer for me.

ps....thanks for the tip on Wurth. I’ll have a look and see what they offer.

Last edited by flickroll; 12-02-2017 at 11:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Antonio Oliveira (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Antonio Oliveira
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I thought would be true on the paint, although solids may still be single stage....it was on my Guards Red 2014 Boxster.

Yes the wheel should be covered, however wheel repair companies normally spray the entire wheel. I’d rather do a minimal touch up myself on the very small wheel,scratch than an entire wheel paint job if possible. That said, every P-car I have bought I bought the tire and wheel ins and on all but one I’ve received some benefit from having it. My dealer uses third party for the insurance so when you trade the car you get a prorated refund on the number of months left on the contract, so it’s a no brainer for me.

ps....thanks for the tip on Wurth. I’ll have a look and see what they offer.

The black wheels on a 2018 911 GTS Chalk that comes with the Satin Black finish color. Does anyone know the hex code or manufacturer code?
Old 08-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 88 Posts

Here is the code from my build sheet 2017 991.2 on 20" carrera wheels.

XDK Wheels Painted in Black Satin
Old 08-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Can you post a pic of what you want to touch-up? If it is small you may be able to get some off the shelf paint.

Quick Reply: Satin Black Paint Code