Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Yes please, I want to check out a “T”!!
You got it, we'll keep in touch.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:51 PM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good review but better still, you're enjoying you 911 I'm sure there be many more happy (s)miles.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:13 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Hi everyone. I had my one year anniversary with my first 911 this month and I wanted to share a few observations. First, after years of owning sports cars, I have no idea why it took me so long to come to Porsche. Perhaps as a young man I became fearful of taking one tail end into the ditch, or perhaps in my mind I thought a true sports car had to be British. After deciding to try the Cayman in 2016, I knew the mark was something special. My SA from Porsche of Tysons made it happen for me.

It's something special to order a car just the way you want it. After seeing Randy Pobst test drive a 991.2 C2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISIUGwt_t6w), I felt that was enough car for me. I wanted a MT and ordered it in GT silver. After a year, I can say that the C2 is a perfect fit for me. I don't lust for more power and wonder if an "S" might ruin the "manual" experience by going through the gears faster. It seems to me that one would need a PDK to really use the power band of an "S". Generally, I am amazed at the handling of the car and have had some fun with the "electronics" turned off - nothing scary at all.

The first thing I did was to ditch the Goodyear tires. Why Porsche would put them on a $100K+ car is beyond me. The Michelins are a great tire and have enjoyed them ever since. Still, there is a lot of road noise in the car. I'd prefer to have a bit more sound insulation and wish there was an option for those of us that use the car as a GT. Another 30-40 pounds wouldn't change dynamics much.

The exhaust note isn't near my 2.7L Cayman - that car would wail and it was fun. Still, yesterday my neighbor told me how much he enjoys listening to the car's exhaust note. It has become better as the exhaust system has burned in, and the sport exhaust system also helps.

With the sport chrono package, I pay zero attention to the binnacle and never use the stop watch. The option is great to configure an individual setting and the throttle blip. I am so over heel and toe with my size thirteens.

The BOSE sound system is a total waste of money. If I order another one, I'll go aftermarket with Musicar or similar. There needs to be a good solution between $1.5K for Bose and $5K for Burmeister. My $1.5K Harmon-Kardon option on my BMW put subwoofers under the seat - very good system. Thank goodness for Musicar tweeter upgrade that helped correct that bad decision. Bottom line - shame on you Porsche.

The 911 has given me no problems whatsoever - and 9,000 miles later it's as perfect as the day I picked it up. No rattles, no glitches, nothing. It's solid. I can't imagine a more perfect car for me. I still love walking up to it, turn my head around when walking away from it, and feel lucky owning it.
Dan - you’re a great poster. Always enjoy your posts. Agree with pretty much everything you said. Agree with road noise an issue, but hope that problem will be lessened with new tires in January.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Dan - you’re a great poster. Always enjoy your posts. Agree with pretty much everything you said. Agree with road noise an issue, but hope that problem will be lessened with new tires in January.
The Michelins do help with road noise a little bit, but large tires with grippy compounds are difficult to make quiet. It would prefer more engine and exhaust music.

One of my first cars as a teenager was a 1974 Fiat 124 Spider. Between the dual overhead cams and the Ansa exhaust note, that car really made for lovely driving with the top down.

Quick Reply: 1 year Anniversary