Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 09:35 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

I prefer to wedge a large ball of damp twenties into the cubby and drive with the fragrance of cash. Goes best with the extended leather interior.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:00 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 773 Posts

I don't one really see a need for a car fragrance, unless perhaps it’s used to mask a flatulence problem.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosell
Bingo. Second best is the smell of the hot engine after a sporting drive. Sometimes I walk back into the garage just to take it in.
I’ll second this.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 PM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by LexVan
Best smell is Full Leather Interior.

Second best is Zaino Z10.

I hope the 997 guys don't see this thread. They already make fun of us.
hehe that's funny!

I second the leather statement, and one better would be a Full Interior of Alcantara for me..
Old 11-30-2017, 12:00 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

[QUOTE

I hope the 997 guys don't see this thread. They already make fun of us. [/QUOTE]

Its too late. The 993 guys had to be medicated they were laughing so hard they almost blew a vein.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:14 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan

I hope the 997 guys don't see this thread. They already make fun of us.

Originally Posted by Roosell
Bingo. Second best is the smell of the hot engine after a sporting drive. Sometimes I walk back into the garage just to take it in.
Yepppppp.
Originally Posted by Penn4S
I can see a “recipe while driving exchange” coming next. If the car smells like Lavender does it go faster?

Between tweets of the US president and recent threads here like “pics of your house with your car, what watch do you wear while driving, Is your wife Hot or Not” , I am getting very afraid.
Welcome to the Twilight Zone.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:23 AM
lagodue
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by M3to911s
I’m new to Porsche, just got my 2015 911S about 2 months ago. It is my daily driver. Coming from an F80 M3 it took me sometime to get used to not having as much “desk space” handy for my coffee, iPhone, sunglasses,...,... so of course I downsized on my “necessities” and tried to use every available space HOWEVER that ashtray🤔 really is
too small to be used in any meaningful way.
So now that’s how I’ve been using it and I figured maybe some of you would like that.
1) remove the ashtray from its housing and clean it.
2) soak a porous wine cork in your favorite house fragrance, make sure it’s not the oil that needs to be heated on a burner, those won’t emit as much smell if at all, use the regular fragrance liquid that you’d put sticks in it and keep it on side table at home. I used NEST brand.
3] drop a few more drops of the fragrance liquid in the ashtray.
4] put the soaked cork (fits perfectly)
5) control how strong you want the scent in the car by opening and closing the ashtray. I’d make sure to close it if the car is parked in sun for a long time
pics attached in case my description wasn’t clear.

Classic case of a solution looking for a problem . . .
Old 11-30-2017, 06:50 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

What a perfect way to get that smell of fresh baked cookies in the car without the mess! Great for resale...
Old 11-30-2017, 07:16 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Hostile immature responses for no good reason.
It was a cute idea...
Old 11-30-2017, 07:28 AM
M3to911s
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
It was a cute idea...
seriously dude, what the F... some responses suggesting that I might be less of a driving enthusiast because I’m posting about fragrance... I redline my car going to work and back and push the rear end on most corners even going to Starbucks, then going to the track that probably half of the responders here haven’t even seen once.
Some responses just saying they don’t care much for the smell... wow, of course I know not everyone cares, the post is for those who do, and for anyone to imagine no one else does is kinda immature. Thank you for stopping by to say you don’t care but you could also save your valuable time and move on without responding. It’s like me stopping by every post about wheel spacers just to say, I do t like them!
Half of the posts here are about cosmetic issues that have nothing to do with performance, I just read and move on and I thought that’s what a mature person would do, guess I was wrong
Niw watch for all the coming responses about how I’m being a baby blah blah blah.
Get a life
Old 11-30-2017, 10:41 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

If you don't want to go the home made route, you could buy the official Porsche scent:

https://www.porsche-design.com/en/Men/Gifts-and-Ideas/Fragrances-Care/The-Essence-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray.html https://www.porsche-design.com/en/Men/Gifts-and-Ideas/Fragrances-Care/The-Essence-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray.html

The molecule Article, developed by Porsche itself, defines the head note with its icy-fresh character. Aromatic myrrh and juniper notes bestow this experience with utter coolness. The warm base note consisting of patchouli and fir balsam serves as a counter
I have no idea what any of that means but I guess it makes for a nice smell?

Old 11-30-2017, 10:45 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Thank you Mods for unlocking this thread. It was just too much fun to close. My car is in winter hibernation till March/April, so I'm bored and need stuff to do/write.

Good thing the 991 GT3 guys are too busy discussing ADMs, depreciation, and how to shelter taxes in Montana, or else they'd be over here making fun of us, too.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

So last night I thought of this thread while leaving "La Hacienda" here in Delray. I had 2 chile rellenos , a ton of refried beans and to top it off a modelo especial. Driving down a-1-a on a nice drive I felt it coming on...the unmistakable pressure building from a night at the mexican joint. At my advanced age theres no holding it back so BOOM goes the explosive flatulence and immediate bitching from the wife. Sunroof opened,windows down and speed up trying to remove the bad,really bad odor. Finally fixed it when the wife begins frantically spraying her perfume around laughing all the while. Life is good.

This thread was needed by us all to teach us the best way to keep the Porsche smelling sweetly.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:05 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
If you don't want to go the home made route, you could buy the official Porsche scent:

https://www.porsche-design.com/en/Men/Gifts-and-Ideas/Fragrances-Care/The-Essence-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray.html

I have no idea what any of that means but I guess it makes for a nice smell?

Indeed it does!

Honestly, I saw the cork and it immediately took me back to my childhood. We burned cork to rub it under our eyes to black them out. Anyway, that ashtray really is tiny and doesn't have much use. Mine is empty as I find even too small for loose change. It would be interesting if others had posted other clever ideas for how they use it, but somehow the "intelligencia" here confuses snarky-ness with cleverness.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seriously dude, what the F... some responses suggesting that I might be less of a driving enthusiast because I’m posting about fragrance... I redline my car going to work and back and push the rear end on most corners even going to Starbucks, then going to the track that probably half of the responders here haven’t even seen once.
Some responses just saying they don’t care much for the smell... wow, of course I know not everyone cares, the post is for those who do, and for anyone to imagine no one else does is kinda immature. Thank you for stopping by to say you don’t care but you could also save your valuable time and move on without responding. It’s like me stopping by every post about wheel spacers just to say, I do t like them!
Half of the posts here are about cosmetic issues that have nothing to do with performance, I just read and move on and I thought that’s what a mature person would do, guess I was wrong
Niw watch for all the coming responses about how I’m being a baby blah blah blah.
Get a life
Don’t take the posts too seriously dude. Some people just couldn’t see what you were trying to share but some others could.

Personally I think the soaked cork is a good idea & I will be trying them on all my cars to see how it turned out. You see, I have been carrying bottle of expensive and heavy perfumes in my cars & this cork idea could be a good solution.

PF

Quick Reply: Delete