Sponsored by:

Carrera T ordered

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 09:29 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNorther
I'm gonna say car on right is W, car on left is CW . White is white, CW is cream.

White more sporty, CW more ... elegant?
This is correct. CW has a more grey hue to it for sure and is metallic. Regular white is more "race car" white. Congrats on your order.

Last edited by TexasPorschelover; 11-24-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: add
Old 11-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Yes, I can see that now. Beautiful GTS!
Old 11-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Anyone have thoughts on Standard vs. Leather CT interior? Worth the extra $4200?
Old 11-24-2017, 09:58 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,143 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
Anyone have thoughts on Standard vs. Leather CT interior? Worth the extra $4200?
Yes! My third favorite option. Two tone leather w/deviated stitching makes the interior really pop and look very custom. Both my Porsches have it.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:28 AM
phx991
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
Thanks! I did not pay an ADM but of course it depends on the stealership. 3 out of 4 that I spoke with wanted an ADM of $10k above MSRP citing very limited availability and very high demand. When asked what production numbers will look like, they can only give me a range of about 700-1500, production year only for 18. YMMV but will most likely be presented with an ADM.
I'm struggling to comprehend why someone would pay an ADM, or even sticker, when they can get a Carrera S with sport package for the same money or less. There are also quite a few 2015-2016 CPO GTS that are cheaper.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

If someone were to get LWBs in this car, that would be the main reason imo, which can't be had on S or GTS. Otherwise, it seems to me a GTS with RAS seems a smarter option, which has the same shifter and lower gears, same SPASM, but more hp and bigger brakes. And possibly can be discounted. If I can get a GTS within 15k of the T outfitted similarly, I'm thinking it's a better idea.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:58 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have white on my GT4 and Carrera white on my TTS. A little more pinkish IMO with CW. Try to see them in person side by side at any P dealership.
Attached Images     
Old 11-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phx991
I'm struggling to comprehend why someone would pay an ADM, or even sticker, when they can get a Carrera S with sport package for the same money or less. There are also quite a few 2015-2016 CPO GTS that are cheaper.
agreed, I would never pay ADM for any model. With respect to comparing the T to other options in the range, I believe it represents an opportunity to get into something that will be somewhat limited, driver focused, new and built to spec, rather than used. A bit more special if you will, where HP isn’t everything.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:05 PM
Hit Apex
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

K997: No LWBs, no PCCBs? Are you not tracking the car?
Old 11-24-2017, 08:31 PM
Knobcrk
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree. This a base 911 with some unlocked options. Only Porsche nerds would think it's special. It should not be a ADM car, that's riddiculus.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

For those that didn’t read the fine print, the T comes with sports PASM, 20” Carerra S wheels, Porsche Sport Exhaust, MECHANICAL locking differential, shorter gearing and a short shifter, bespoke interior, plus some lightweighting features. These items account for the increased cost versus the base Carerra. You have the option of ordering light weight buckets, which makes the car nearly track ready, and even cooler to boot.

I was able to get a small discount from MSRP.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:32 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hit Apex
K997: No LWBs, no PCCBs? Are you not tracking the car?
Maybe once or twice a year at most.

Originally Posted by Knobcrk
I totally agree. This a base 911 with some unlocked options. Only Porsche nerds would think it's special. It should not be a ADM car, that's riddiculus.
Porsche nerds are the only ones that matter on this forum

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
For those that didn’t read the fine print, the T comes with sports PASM, 20” Carerra S wheels, Porsche Sport Exhaust, MECHANICAL locking differential, shorter gearing and a short shifter, bespoke interior, plus some lightweighting features. These items account for the increased cost versus the base Carerra. You have the option of ordering light weight buckets, which makes the car nearly track ready, and even cooler to boot.

This. And so did I.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:45 PM
Knobcrk
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR

Oh please it's a real yawner. the only thing that's cool is the bucket seats and those are "poser" options unless you're really tracking the car. Maybe the differential too but come on the base 911 is more than adequate. Every other option is just adding to the price that Porsche wants them to move at. I think it was a cheap and lazy way for Porsche to use the heritage card to make it seem special. They should have created a real T. Just my opinion.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

^ Actually, I was also a little disappointed initially because I was hoping for a more “retro” model with some cool pastel colors and houndstooth seats, perhaps even a bit cheaper like the original T.

However, the T as it stands can be configured as a great track/street car. That’s my plan anyway.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:17 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

I’m very excited about the car as I feel that it will be a great balance of playfulness, excitement/noise and daily/trackability (if desired). I do think this car is going to surprise many once the first couple of reviews start trickling out.

Quick Reply: Carrera T ordered