Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying 991.1 GTS without SPASM

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 10:32 AM
N2B8TOR
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have SPASM on my 991.1 as part of the package, but when I was looking I actually didn't want that. I would have been perfectly happy with just PASM. It's a Porsche it's going to handle well no matter what. I do daily drive mine and I'll say SPASM is probably the only feature I wish my car didn't have. But the car came with so many other wonderful features that I can live with it.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:09 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by BeepBeep88

That’s great you finally ended up with the right car Mr Mojo!! A real cautionary tale for all those out there looking for guidance on SPASM vs PASM. I couldn’t be happier with the PASM setup on my 991.2 GTS. Anyone who says the stance looks better with SPASM is correct but for me, the SPASM is not worth a choppier ride. My GTS handles the bumps better than my daily driver, a ‘17 E43 Benz. And I only notice the additional 10mm’s if I’m parked next to a SPASM car.

Zero regret checking the SPASM delete box on my build but I also live in NY, Tri-State where the roads are horrendous.
Ahh yes. M-B still hasn’t gotten their horrendous harshness over bumps issue quite resolved. My 2011 E Class floated like a butterfly through turns, and was spine rattling over road imperfections (the exact opposite of how it should be). They literally couldn’t design a sloppier chassis and a worse ride combo. My 911, lowered on H&R’s, rubber band tall tires, 20’s (vs 18’s on the E), handles like it’s on rails in comparison, is also much more comfortable and smooth over bumps.

I have PASM btw. Lowered, it looks like SPASM (moreso GT3 height), and rides/handles great. But it’s still too soft sometimes, and I wish it had a stiffer setting, therefore given the chance, I’d get SPASM every time.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:47 PM
BeepBeep88
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Ahh yes. M-B still hasn’t gotten their horrendous harshness over bumps issue quite resolved. My 2011 E Class floated like a butterfly through turns, and was spine rattling over road imperfections (the exact opposite of how it should be). They literally couldn’t design a sloppier chassis and a worse ride combo. My 911, lowered on H&R’s, rubber band tall tires, 20’s (vs 18’s on the E), handles like it’s on rails in comparison, is also much more comfortable and smooth over bumps.

I have PASM btw. Lowered, it looks like SPASM (moreso GT3 height), and rides/handles great. But it’s still too soft sometimes, and I wish it had a stiffer setting, therefore given the chance, I’d get SPASM every time.
It’s funny, the main reason I went with PASM was becuase I was so off put with the Benz’s choppy ride and didn’t want to risk having two cars that I couldn’t be comfortable in.

Glad you have your ride height dialed in and are enjoying!!
Old 01-30-2018, 07:10 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

I have a '13 C2S PASM and '15 GTS PASM. Perfectly happy with PASM and esp. using as DDs. Would not go SPASM for a DD w/o FAL which to me adds unnecessary cost and complexity just for looks..
Old 01-31-2018, 04:26 PM
gforcealt
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

PASM here. Mine's a daily driver, and I have to work not to scrape on the various driveway aprons on my commute (I've got a whole system down). SPASM would a total pain, for not that much gain.

Quick Reply: Buying 991.1 GTS without SPASM