Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 12:52 PM
cdnewt
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks awesome Mdrums. Mind if I ask exactly what wheel and tire sizes you are running? I've got a 2018 GTS on order, and will likely be swapping out the p-zeros right away. How wide are those wheels? Did you plus-size the fronts? 255/35?

thanks!

Originally Posted by mdrums
1 more...car is so unassuming but shocked a lot of more exotic looking cars on the track.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Deanda
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picked up at PEC Atlanta in late July

Old 11-21-2017, 01:25 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,243 Likes on 751 Posts

^^^Sweet...
Old 11-21-2017, 08:09 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Thanks! I ordered at the end of October and the dealer thinks it will arrive in late February. It should be locked the first week of December.
That’s not bad at all. In my case I lucked out and from the time my SA traded his GTS Cab allocation for a GTS coupe allocation that Tyson’s had to the time it arrived at my dealer, it was about 3 months. For the last month or so each day seemed like a week. I tracked the ship and all that stuff. Car was in Davisville for 8 days before it was finally loaded on a car carrier. Those 8 days seemed like an eternity but it eventually showed up
Old 11-22-2017, 04:34 AM
Wimankid
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting your build
Old 11-22-2017, 09:08 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
That’s not bad at all. In my case I lucked out and from the time my SA traded his GTS Cab allocation for a GTS coupe allocation that Tyson’s had to the time it arrived at my dealer, it was about 3 months. For the last month or so each day seemed like a week. I tracked the ship and all that stuff. Car was in Davisville for 8 days before it was finally loaded on a car carrier. Those 8 days seemed like an eternity but it eventually showed up
Very cool! (I ordered from Tysons BTW - my local dealer.) The wait is killing me but with winter coming, it will be nice to have the new car when spring arrives. I cannot believe it will be nearly six months without a 911 by the time the new one is delivered...I am having serious withdrawal symptoms!

Old 11-22-2017, 09:16 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

This is what I ordered, BTW...lots of love on here for Sapphire Blue GTS's LOL!

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PJKBZEJ1

2018 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Exterior Color Sapphire Blue Metallic N1
Interior Color Leather Interior in Black AZ
Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) P3G
  • Porsche Entry & Drive
  • Auto-Dimming Mirrors
  • Light Design Package
  • Seat Heating (Front)
  • Seat Ventilation (Front)
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof 651
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
Power Steering Plus 658
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension (20 mm Lower) 031
Rear Axle Steering 470
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) 450
20" 911 Turbo S Wheels 449
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) 456
GT Sport Steering Wheel 858
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel 489
Deletion of Alcantara® 714
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package P07
Smoking Package 583
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell 581
Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur EKA
Seat Belts in Silver Grey Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur XSH
Extended Interior Package with Stitching in Deviated Thread Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur XVL
Porsche Crest on Headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur XSC
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur XXD
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System 9VJ
Color Selection for Stitching in Deviated Thread U2 - GT Silver
Old 11-22-2017, 09:36 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by cdnewt
Your car looks awesome Mdrums. Mind if I ask exactly what wheel and tire sizes you are running? I've got a 2018 GTS on order, and will likely be swapping out the p-zeros right away. How wide are those wheels? Did you plus-size the fronts? 255/35?

thanks!
The wheels in the photo are my track wheels....9x20 and 12x20 running Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires 245 fronts and 305 rears...same Tires on a GT3. If you go to a 255 Front the front to rear overall diameter will be off
Old 11-22-2017, 01:08 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hurricane
This is what I ordered, BTW...lots of love on here for Sapphire Blue GTS's LOL!

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PJKBZEJ1

2018 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Exterior Color Sapphire Blue Metallic N1
Interior Color Leather Interior in Black AZ
Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) P3G
  • Porsche Entry & Drive
  • Auto-Dimming Mirrors
  • Light Design Package
  • Seat Heating (Front)
  • Seat Ventilation (Front)
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof 651
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
Power Steering Plus 658
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension (20 mm Lower) 031
Rear Axle Steering 470
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) 450
20" 911 Turbo S Wheels 449
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) 456
GT Sport Steering Wheel 858
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel 489
Deletion of Alcantara® 714
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package P07
Smoking Package 583
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell 581
Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur EKA
Seat Belts in Silver Grey Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur XSH
Extended Interior Package with Stitching in Deviated Thread Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur XVL
Porsche Crest on Headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur XSC
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur XXD
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System 9VJ
Color Selection for Stitching in Deviated Thread U2 - GT Silver
Great build Hurricane, your gonna love it!
Old 11-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Great build Hurricane, your gonna love it!
Thanks!
Old 11-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Deanda

Beautiful car!!!!!
Old 11-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Another observation is I did not spec the car with headlight washers and was later kicking myself in the a** for not doing so. But looks like GTS' are still being manufactured with them so I'm very happy about that.

Very nice, and it gives me a bit of a preview of what mine will look like when it gets here. It also sets me up for my first disappointment. For some reason I thought the headlight outer rings were more of a flat black. That silver color kind of sticks out like a sore thumb when all the other trim is black. Looks fine on light colored cars, but stands out on the darker colors. But I guess if that turns out to be my biggest disappointment, then I will probably get over it in time.

Congrats!
Old 11-22-2017, 02:33 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
Very nice, and it gives me a bit of a preview of what mine will look like when it gets here. It also sets me up for my first disappointment. For some reason I thought the headlight outer rings were more of a flat black. That silver color kind of sticks out like a sore thumb when all the other trim is black. Looks fine on light colored cars, but stands out on the darker colors. But I guess if that turns out to be my biggest disappointment, then I will probably get over it in time.

Congrats!
I was surprised to see that too, and even commented to the SA about it when I saw it. I thought all GTS’ came with a black trim ring. Oh well, not the end of the world, and with silver LED side markers plus the silver running lights it will blend OK. Just looked at the configurator and you only get black trim with PDLS+. Doubt that I would have spent the money on them anyway as I was already way over budget.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:07 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway

Congrats!
Gordon if silvery headlight trim is a big deal for you, Suncoast has black ones for the 991.1’s. Doubt that they would fit the .2’s but you never know. Also would give hope that one day they’d be available for the .2’s.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991BLHL.html

Edit: called Suncoast and as suspected these won’t fit the .2’s. However the man said this is a relatively new item from Porsche for the .1’s so it might be that Porsche will have them for the .2’s at a later time.

Last edited by flickroll; 11-22-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:47 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Gordon if silvery headlight trim is a big deal for you, Suncoast has black ones for the 991.1’s. Doubt that they would fit the .2’s but you never know. Also would give hope that one day they’d be available for the .2’s.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991BLHL.html

Edit: called Suncoast and as suspected these won’t fit the .2’s. However the man said this is a relatively new item from Porsche for the .1’s so it might be that Porsche will have them for the .2’s at a later time.
Thanks, but even it were available, the LED version is less at $2770 on the configurator, and my order doesn't lock until 12/4. I've got the Bi-Xenon PDLS lights on my current Cayman S, and they work great. I realize that the LED option has a few more bells & whistles, but I don't see any real value to me, so I'd be paying $2770 for black headlight rings. For that much money, I think I'll get over it. Only time will tell.

p.s. if you have anymore good light pics of your car, I would appreciate if you could pm them to me. I have Carmine Red on order, and would love to see them to tide me over until late February. Or just post them here to show all SBM guys what a mistake they made.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS picture thread