Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS - xpel + cquartz finest reserve

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Sweet, mine came out to ~5.5k full wrap. The doors and front hood, bumpers were wrapped around rest are laser cuts.
Also get the headlights done, if you haven't already. It's safe and protects from cracks...those puppies are 2k each to replace.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:23 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
Sweet, mine came out to ~5.5k full wrap. The doors and front hood, bumpers were wrapped around rest are laser cuts.
Also get the headlights done, if you haven't already. It's safe and protects from cracks...those puppies are 2k each to replace.
i think you are right about getting the headlights done. I had read about some issues with delamination of the headlights when ppf is applied to them but others seem to have no problems.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:28 PM
ducstar
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great! Did this include full paint correction?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:52 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Originally Posted by ducstar
Looks great! Did this include full paint correction?
yes this included a quality paint correction
Old 11-05-2017, 08:16 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 170 Posts

I don't get the nano coat over the wrap. I thought nano coat was to 'stick' to the paint and replace the wrap/make cleaning easier. Can someone explain? BTW, OP amazing car!. Hope you get a good chance to drive her before winter.

Jim
Old 11-05-2017, 09:49 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
i think you are right about getting the headlights done. I had read about some issues with delamination of the headlights when ppf is applied to them but others seem to have no problems.
The guy from the shop advised not to...
Old 11-05-2017, 11:15 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I don't get the nano coat over the wrap. I thought nano coat was to 'stick' to the paint and replace the wrap/make cleaning easier. Can someone explain? BTW, OP amazing car!. Hope you get a good chance to drive her before winter.

Jim
you can think of the PPF wrap as a means of protecting the paint from impact (flying rocks and debris). The coating protects the surface from dirt, chemicals, insects, bird droppings, etc. the coating is essentially a high tech wax. The coating doesn’t really protect against impacts. The wrap does have some chemical resistance properties, but nowhere near as good as the coating.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 753 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
you can think of the PPF wrap as a means of protecting the paint from impact (flying rocks and debris). The coating protects the surface from dirt, chemicals, insects, bird droppings, etc. the coating is essentially a high tech wax. The coating doesn’t really protect against impacts. The wrap does have some chemical resistance properties, but nowhere near as good as the coating.
+1...we’ll-said.

think of nano coating and clear bra as pb+j...they compliment each other.

also, for those interested, we are now testing a new generation of nano Coatings that are self-healing. So, you can say good bye to swirls and scratches on areas not protected with clear bra. This new coating doesn’t take the place of clear bra, but for those not doing full vehicle installation, they can now benefit from this new coating from an aesthetic perspective.

PM me if you’re interested. We are offering a discount for beta testing internally. Product has been around for over 10 years, but we like to make sure it passes our GP year as well
Old 11-06-2017, 02:42 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
+1...we’ll-said.

think of nano coating and clear bra as pb+j...they compliment each other.

also, for those interested, we are now testing a new generation of nano Coatings that are self-healing. So, you can say good bye to swirls and scratches on areas not protected with clear bra. This new coating doesn’t take the place of clear bra, but for those not doing full vehicle installation, they can now benefit from this new coating from an aesthetic perspective.

PM me if you’re interested. We are offering a discount for beta testing internally. Product has been around for over 10 years, but we like to make sure it passes our GP year as well
Will the nano coating really stick to PPF as well as it does to clear coat/Paint?

J

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS - xpel + cquartz finest reserve