Notices
Sponsored by:

911 Carrera T

Old 10-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Bossing
User

Originally Posted by ExMB View Post
That pic is a ROW car as evidenced by the missing center headrest plugs in the seat. US also has the requirement for backup camera therefore radio delete is not an option.
I can see regarding the radio delete as unavailable for US-spec due to backup cam requirements... but even the current US configurator for the .2 GT3 still has that same missing headrest cushion on the buckets. The Confusiorator continues to have the same bug.... not 100% accurate. So I'll presume the 911T's render will continue to be missing that same piece...
Attached Images   
Old 10-23-2017, 02:22 PM
STG
Super User

Originally Posted by PantsFire
i have an s with SPASM i think, the one with the button, by default it's 10mm lower, push the button and it lowers a further 10mm, which might be why we see 10mm & 20mm

The 991 doesn’t have air suspension. Ride height cannot be changed by the push of a button.

Sport PASM (SPASM) is 10mm lower than PASM at a fixed height.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Craigy
User

That pic is a ROW car as evidenced by the missing center headrest plugs in the seat. US also has the requirement for backup camera therefore radio delete is not an option.
No requirement that backup camera display has to come through the radio screen.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:14 PM
ExMB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
No requirement that backup camera display has to come through the radio screen.
Correct. By why would Porsche use different camera displays (mirrors for example) when they already designed the PCM to accomplish that feat throughout.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Archimedes
Super User

Damn. One of the press articles I read last night said it was coming with a 6 speed manual and I went to sleep with builds running through my head. Then I saw the website today. 7 speed. Bummer.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Alan Smithee
Addict
Rennlist Member

The 911T is due in March; the NHTSA rear camera requirement does not go into effect until May. Theoretically early builds - like with the 991.2 GT3 - could have the option to delete the PCM.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:43 PM
PantsFire
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG View Post
The 991 doesn’t have air suspension. Ride height cannot be changed by the push of a button.

Sport PASM (SPASM) is 10mm lower than PASM at a fixed height.
hmm, I was always a big vague on that button having bought the car secondhand

I push it on smoother roads like motorways when I'm going at higher speeds, it could be just psychological or wind resistance pushing the car down a bit but it feels lower
Old 10-23-2017, 04:58 PM
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member

The radio delete cubby is $115.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU9X1RRS.html

I think you have to flash the ECU to tell it there is no radio, but all in it should be cheap enough if you really want radio delete to replicate post-sale.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Alan Smithee
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree this is a good idea to bring some potential M4/C63 buyers into the 911 family, but IMO a well-tuned analog suspension like the 987 and 987 Spyders would have gone a long way towards making this a truly unique and desirable 911, reinforcing the 'less is more'/RS America this car is trying to portray, and it would have lowered the weight (and price) a bit more as well.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:18 PM
Craigy
User

Correct. By why would Porsche use different camera displays (mirrors for example) when they already designed the PCM to accomplish that feat throughout.
A lot of manufacturers do it with a smaller screen on cheaper models, or in the mirror like you said.

They're using the radio delete in their US marketing too, probably one of the ways they get down to that advertised weight number. Keeping the screen just for backup cam seems silly. Curious to see how this is handled...

Surely someone has specced a GT3 with radio delete, for 2018 delivery, and can give us some more insight on this?

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
The 911T is due in March; the NHTSA rear camera requirement does not go into effect until May. Theoretically early builds - like with the 991.2 GT3 - could have the option to delete the PCM.
I think radio delete is available on GT3, many people aren't getting their cars until late 2018. Hm.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Super User

Does the .2 GT3 come with a back-up camera
Old 10-23-2017, 07:08 PM
86porsche
New User

Yes, I read that PCM delete is not an option for North America.

Caption beneath the 3rd picture. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...t-photos-info/
Old 10-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Petevb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Interestingly this would probably be my pick of the litter (price no object) if I needed rear seats and I was looking for a street car.

Rear wheel drive adjust-ability
Street tires = progressive breakaway
Manual
Low boost = less lag, more responsive
The lightweight efforts over the base Carrera seem halfhearted, the sport suspension less so

As a driver's street car I'd likely enjoy this more than a Turbo, GTS, etc. Says quite a bit about Porsche's current lineup when you think about it. Kids...
Old 10-23-2017, 07:47 PM
neurotic
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 86porsche View Post
Yes, I read that PCM delete is not an option for North America.

Caption beneath the 3rd picture. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...t-photos-info/
yes and no. cars build before May 2018 will be offered w/ radio delete (mine GT3 is an April build and will not have radio). Afterwards, it can not be removed due to back up camera regulation in the US
Old 10-23-2017, 08:16 PM
bretster
User

Is the "lightweight glass" (I presume lexan) even allowed to be delivered on US cars?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 911 Carrera T

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: