New 911 Carrera T: a completely pointless marketing exercise

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 09:52 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by sjglaser
HI there,

This is my first post, ever....I've been devouring this site for months, and I figured now was the time to say hello. I ordered a 911T, and the car arrives in Houston on Thursday. From there to Porsche Exchange in Chicago, and from there delivered to my home in KS. So, why the 911T? Simple, for my demographic (50-somethings) it's sporty enough, comfortable enough, fast enough, and simply put it won't get me killed like a GT3. For some of us, running around with an engine screaming at 8,000rpm is not as fun as just driving the back roads at "brisk" velocities while riding that low-rpm torque curve. In short, to some us it's just right. If you're wondering I'm not totally new to Porsches. I have had a 996, a 997, I still drive a Cayenne Diesel, and I "get" the specialness of Porsche. I also drive a terrifyingly fast Audi S6. To those who crave GT3s or GT2s I say "good for you!" That's what I love about this car, it seems to morph to every taste and preference.

If you're wondering, below is my somewhat "contradictory" build. code PJMJJ9J0 Would love to hear your thoughts.. Best Regards, Steve

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCal...bcode=PJMJJ9J0

Welcome and congrats on your new car! Love your build...very simple and to the point. Personally think Light Design Package isn't really worth it, but otherwise looks awesome...basically the way I'd spec it, IMO! Enjoy!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:17 PM
worldwidewebs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sjglaser
HI there,

This is my first post, ever....I've been devouring this site for months, and I figured now was the time to say hello. I ordered a 911T, and the car arrives in Houston on Thursday. From there to Porsche Exchange in Chicago, and from there delivered to my home in KS. So, why the 911T? Simple, for my demographic (50-somethings) it's sporty enough, comfortable enough, fast enough, and simply put it won't get me killed like a GT3. For some of us, running around with an engine screaming at 8,000rpm is not as fun as just driving the back roads at "brisk" velocities while riding that low-rpm torque curve. In short, to some us it's just right. If you're wondering I'm not totally new to Porsches. I have had a 996, a 997, I still drive a Cayenne Diesel, and I "get" the specialness of Porsche. I also drive a terrifyingly fast Audi S6. To those who crave GT3s or GT2s I say "good for you!" That's what I love about this car, it seems to morph to every taste and preference.

If you're wondering, below is my somewhat "contradictory" build. code PJMJJ9J0 Would love to hear your thoughts.. Best Regards, Steve

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCal...bcode=PJMJJ9J0
Rear wiper - classic 911!

Quick Reply: New 911 Carrera T: a completely pointless marketing exercise