Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pointless dent removal in So Ca

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017 | 05:49 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sresites
I have that exact dent as well. Can only see it in the garage looking outside. Makes me wonder if the shipper leans there to secure the car during transport.
with so many people now noticing this dent, I better go check my car!
Old 10-10-2017 | 04:28 AM
Shotgun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
with so many people now noticing this dent, I better go check my car!
I took my 911 in for its first oil change and I noticed a "spot" of sort in that same location. Could it be from a device designed to grab and move the rear quarter panels?
Old 10-10-2017 | 05:03 AM
K-A
Drifting

Leo at https://www.yelp.com/biz/dings-and-d...lley-village-2.

Very good work, good guy.

Odd that many are noticing that same spot. This reminds me why I have to look over every angle of the car in multiple lights after I get it back from anyone. Also it helps to have your SA or whoever is working on the car acknowledge that you are very meticulous to even tiny imperfections and notate if or that the car doesn't have any.
Old 10-10-2017 | 10:47 AM
Capt_and
Racer

I also have a very shallow dent in the exact same spot on the same side. I also had the same dent with my Camaro. The reason is the wide fenders, people lean on the fenders causing the dent. On the Camaro, I think it was an elbow and on the 911 I believe it was someone's palm. It won't happen all the time but it is in fact the cause of those dents. That's why it is predominantly on the driver's side.
Old 10-10-2017 | 04:28 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

wow that is very odd to see several people here with the same shallow dent in the same place. Sorry to make everyone inspect their 911s, I will report back after getting it fixed need to have minor paint correction also, dealer washed the car a couple times. Will get the PDR done at GP before the paint correction.
Old 10-10-2017 | 10:31 PM
Sharm
Pro

Originally Posted by Capt_and
I also have a very shallow dent in the exact same spot on the same side. I also had the same dent with my Camaro. The reason is the wide fenders, people lean on the fenders causing the dent. On the Camaro, I think it was an elbow and on the 911 I believe it was someone's palm. It won't happen all the time but it is in fact the cause of those dents. That's why it is predominantly on the driver's side.
Interesting theory, but how can simply leaning on the car create a dent? I dont think the outer body is that malleable, but I could be wrong.
Old 10-10-2017 | 10:46 PM
Capt_and
Racer

Originally Posted by Sharm
Interesting theory, but how can simply leaning on the car create a dent? I dont think the outer body is that malleable, but I could be wrong.
I'd hate to say it but yes, the body panels are that malleable. This is basically an accepted fact in the Camaro community and I think it would apply here. I've talked to a SA about it in the past and it is not uncommon for it happen on our 911s as well. It depends on how hard someone is leaning of course and while you may not lean on your car or lean on it very hard, plenty of people do. I am still surprised when I see people pushing so hard off of their doors as leverage to get out of their cars.
Old 12-05-2017 | 09:49 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

#### update ####. Well I had one company try to get the dent out and got it to about 95% to the point I was struggling with seeing it. After a month I decided I could no take it and got a referral to a guy in Ventura from another Rennlister who had the damaged at the top of his Aframe. Well I contacted him, and he told me he does not work in OC but referred me to another guy who he said is as good or better than he is. Well I called this guy and he came by to take a look at the car the car in my garage as that’s really the only lighting I ca see it. He told me the other guy was not bad but this needed more work to get it to 100%. Now finding someone to fix someone else’s repair is hard, but Manny was awesome, professional, clean and I can see anything now. Highest recommendation if you need a PDR guy in Orange County. There are many who can do this, but he is an artist. Steve from Dent Mechanix in Ventura, who does a ton of Porsche dealer work said Manny is one of the best he has ever seen. So who is it?

Manny’s Paintless Dent Removal in Brea, CA.
Old 12-05-2017 | 10:15 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
There is nothing pointless about removing dents. I find it is a very worthwhile endeavor.

Depends--parking up close at Walmart often might make it pointless...
Old 12-05-2017 | 10:32 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Mods can you charge the title of my post to “paintless” vs pointless.

my typo.
Old 12-05-2017 | 10:33 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Mods can you change the title of my post to “paintless” vs pointless.

typo.

Quick Reply: Pointless dent removal in So Ca