Sponsored by:

Pointless dent removal in So Ca

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 02:15 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Paintless dent removal in So Ca

So just finished washing the car early this morning and put it back in the garage, when I turned the light out with the garage door open I saw something very faint on the left rear fender, thought reflection? Nope, it an insanity shallow dent, that must have occurred at the dealership or transport, I just missed as I never saw it in this light or angle. The car has 640 miles on and is 6 wks old. So who is the best that can remove it. I mean it’s faint. Will attempt to post a photo but it’s really hard to see it took 6 photo attempts to barely get it in there. Open to people in LA also. I feel like crap but I don’t know how anybody would have caught this without seeing it in my garage at this angle and light, heck I have detailed it twice and not seen it. Oh well I hope PDR can handle it. Well here is the photo, it very hard to photograph, it’s on th top middle of the rear fender, still can’t believe I have never seen this before. Car was only out of my possssion once at the dealer to do a small repair on the seat. I assume I just did not see it. I guess I will talk to Moe at GP about how good his PDR guy is. There is a plastic cover under the fender so I assume they can get access. Wow next time I guess I need to drive the car to a place with similar lighting and spend an hour or two inspecting it from multiple angles.

Last edited by titan7; 10-10-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:55 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had great service from ( Beach Cities Paintless Dent Removal ) Huntington Beach CA. Take your car in to their shop. Good luck...
Old 10-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

There is nothing pointless about removing dents. I find it is a very worthwhile endeavor.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:30 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

I feel for you - that first dent is heart breaking. Honestly, though, I can't spot it in the photo.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:23 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I can't see a thing wrong in that picture. Not doubting you. But the reality is, when the car is driven, it will get some wear and tear. No 2 ways about it.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:28 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
I feel for you - that first dent is heart breaking. Honestly, though, I can't spot it in the photo.
Ditto, I can’t see it either but don’t doubt that it is there. It can and will be removed and life will go on. I know how you feel though, I’d be upset as well. Good luck!
Old 10-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Is this what you are talking about? If so, are you sure its not just light shadowing? Especially if you can only see it in your garage.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
There is nothing pointless about removing dents. I find it is a very worthwhile endeavor.
Agreed.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:04 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
Is this what you are talking about? If so, are you sure its not just light shadowing? Especially if you can only see it in your garage.

Nope, actually if you look at the red circle the tiny dent is at the 1 o’clock position just above and at 1 o’clock of the circle. Like I said it’s very shallow, gonna have it removed as it will drive me insane. I guess I can’t be that hard on the dealer as I never saw it for 6 weeks, outside of the garage you can’t see it. glad I found it before paint correction at least Moe can get both things handled for me.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:09 PM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

My experience...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9658...he-rescue.html
Old 10-08-2017, 12:12 AM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daberlin
OMG, that is unbelievable work! Thank you for allowing me to enjoy the rest of my weekend, I have nothing remotely close that damage. I think I will need to talk with that guy. Thx for posting!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Titan7:
Interesting that you should have a dent at that position. .I also have a similar dent in basically the same area and very shallow like yours, no paint scratches so extremely difficult to see. I also have another similar one over the front fender in almost the exact same configuration and about the same height. I initially chalked it up to some idiot SUV door opening on my 911, but I always doubted this assessment because there are no scratches and there are 2 similar dents at the same height as noted which would be unusual for a door ding. My brother actually noticed it in the garage just as you had. I had never noted it despite multiple cleanings of the car. This makes me wonder: could it have been caused by some type of instrument or lift at the dealership that is commonly used?

PS, if someone can make a recommendation in the DC area would be much appreciated.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

I had a door ding taken out of my Cayman S once and, while the guy did an awesome job getting rid of the ding, the rubbing on the spot on the outside left the paint hazy. Be careful they don't get too aggressive on the outside.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharm
Titan7:
Interesting that you should have a dent at that position. .I also have a similar dent in basically the same area and very shallow like yours, no paint scratches so extremely difficult to see.
Interesting x3: I've always had a very shallow hard to find dent in that exact same location as well. No scratches or evidence of being hit with anything.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Sresites
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Interesting x3: I've always had a very shallow hard to find dent in that exact same location as well. No scratches or evidence of being hit with anything.
I have that exact dent as well. Can only see it in the garage looking outside. Makes me wonder if the shipper leans there to secure the car during transport.

Quick Reply: Pointless dent removal in So Ca