Sponsored by:

Cooling System Fault Message

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 06:34 PM
flgfish
Pro

Received 162 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JimEb
Anyone have an explanation of why cooling system fault warnings seem to be actually due to the vacuum system?
It's been a while since I've thought about this, but the system does control cooling features for the PDK and other flaps/vents, right? I always assumed that was why.
Old 12-10-2023, 08:35 PM
Serge997
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi. Can someone tell me which side of the car is the second picture looking at?

I can for the life of God figure where that line is.

Originally Posted by sanjeev
had the identical error message recently. Saw this post, and checked the above vacuum line to COV. sure enough, it had come loose (exactly as picture above)! Reattached vacuum line, cleared the error code, and everything seems fine again.
thanks for the above post. Hope this helps someone else.
Old 12-10-2023, 08:36 PM
Serge997
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi. Can someone tell me which side of the car is the picture looking at?

I can’t for the life of God figure where that line is. Can’t match the picture to what I’m seeing. Is that rear right?

Originally Posted by sanjeev
had the identical error message recently. Saw this post, and checked the above vacuum line to COV. sure enough, it had come loose (exactly as picture above)! Reattached vacuum line, cleared the error code, and everything seems fine again.
thanks for the above post. Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by Serge997; 12-10-2023 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 02:36 AM
fransalazar66
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Have the same message but no yellow, just white

Message appeared today after I had a short run in sport mode - The message states "Cooling system failure, consult a workshop, service required" - Not sure if it makes a difference that the message doesn't have the yellow indicator, nor the "drive possible". Got an appointment at the Porsche stealership but it was scheduled two weeks from now. My only concern is to know if it's safe to drive the car or should I just park it and wait until I take it to service. Water temp looks normal,194 F, while oil temp was oscillating between 217 F and 230 F. Any input/recommendation about driving the car will be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-24-2024, 05:41 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,286 Likes on 473 Posts

Have owned my 991.2 Carrera T since new in April 2018. I had the message some years ago. It turned out it needed a new thermostat, replaced under warranty. Since then, the cooling system message has popped up very occasionally, but it doesn’t last for long and then it disappears...
Old 02-24-2024, 09:48 AM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by fransalazar66
Message appeared today after I had a short run in sport mode - The message states "Cooling system failure, consult a workshop, service required" - Not sure if it makes a difference that the message doesn't have the yellow indicator, nor the "drive possible". Got an appointment at the Porsche stealership but it was scheduled two weeks from now. My only concern is to know if it's safe to drive the car or should I just park it and wait until I take it to service. Water temp looks normal,194 F, while oil temp was oscillating between 217 F and 230 F. Any input/recommendation about driving the car will be greatly appreciated!
get a loaner...these things can take time especially if P has to order parts in.
The following users liked this post:
fransalazar66 (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 12:18 PM
fransalazar66
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Have owned my 991.2 Carrera T since new in April 2018. I had the message some years ago. It turned out it needed a new thermostat, replaced under warranty. Since then, the cooling system message has popped up very occasionally, but it doesn’t last for long and then it disappears...
I had the thermostat replaced under warranty as well as three solenoids, the coolant shutoff valve and some rubber connectors. The system had oil contamination that caused some of the deterioration of its components. I hope is not a recurrent problem, because it took a while for them to find the cause of the problem. The repair also included replacing the brake booster and the connected pressure sensor due to the same oil contamination.

Quick Reply: Cooling System Fault Message