Sponsored by:

Porsche Connect Change

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 07:17 AM
wes66vette
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Porsche Connect Change

Did Porsche change the connect services recently? I used to be able to manage my personal portal POI's from my laptop, not any more. I can do it from my phone, but when I go to the "Porsche Connect" website online (laptop) and try to access it, it isn't there anymore.

When looking at the services available, this is the description I am seeing, is anyone else experiencing this, or is it a glitch with my account?

I am in the United States.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:22 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

can't help --- did not even know there was a web site since I've always used the ap on my phone
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your questions, however I recently picked up a 2018 911 and I cannot get traffic to work. Although I don't use POI's from a laptop, I wonder if they are related.

I will be in for service next week and will inquire when I am there.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:47 AM
wes66vette
Rennlist Member

I just called Porsche Connect Customer Service...the rep said that Google sent them an email stating there was an update in progress and some of the services might be effected. I will give it a few days and check back...
Old 09-30-2017, 10:47 AM
wes66vette
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Michael_s
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your questions, however I recently picked up a 2018 911 and I cannot get traffic to work. Although I don't use POI's from a laptop, I wonder if they are related.

I will be in for service next week and will inquire when I am there.
I still have traffic updates, but it might be an initialization problem in your case.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:57 AM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you using the following address?

https://login.porsche.com
Old 09-30-2017, 11:01 AM
wes66vette
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW1
Are you using the following address?

https://login.porsche.com
Yep...and now I am getting this..."Connect services cannot be activated in your region", so something is going on with the main service.

Edit...that is Not the URL I am using...that one takes me to a Great Britain region for some reason...now I am thoroughly confused.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:08 AM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

strange. mine is working. Guess the system is down in your area right now. But if it works on your phone, I would imagine that it should work on your computer also.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:12 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Porsche Connect thinks you are in a different country other than the USA.
What changes in your Internet Connect service or laptop have you made recently?
Reboot all your equipment and then try.
I just logged into my acount wth no problems so Porsche Connect is up and running as long as it thinks your are in the USA.-Richard
Old 10-01-2017, 07:38 AM
wes66vette
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by budrichard
Porsche Connect thinks you are in a different country other than the USA.
What changes in your Internet Connect service or laptop have you made recently?
Reboot all your equipment and then try.
I just logged into my acount wth no problems so Porsche Connect is up and running as long as it thinks your are in the USA.-Richard
Cleared everything, cookies, passwords...still not reflecting the Personal Portal POIs. The only thing I did recently was delete some of the previous destinations (I used my laptop).

I use a Mac, I am pretty savvy with the configuration issues. The link that was sent was driving me to the UK site...no issues there.

Budrichard, you can see a map when you log onto Porsche Connect, find and location and store it in the system? When you log on, how many services is it telling you that you have? Mine says 14 services, 3 configurable (one of which used to be the POIs). I have 14 services, but only 2 that are configurable.

Of note, if you go to the Connect store, it only says that there are 13 services available (the delta is "E-charging" which I don't need).

I have nothing but time to figure this out, just really curious as to why it dropped off...honestly, it is easier to find the location in Google, then send to car rather than log into Porsche connect...I was only using the laptop to manage the POIs.

Thanks for all the input and comments.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by wes66vette
I still have traffic updates, but it might be an initialization problem in your case.
I drop off tomorrow for Tuesday appointment. I certainly agree its an initialization or similar issue. It has not activated since pick up.

Quick Reply: Porsche Connect Change