Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to cancel spoiler deployment?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Valarr
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Are you sure the rack will still fit w/o using the roof or rear window?

I use the Seasucker and I can't see it mounting on the engine cover as the suction cups take up a good bit of real estate.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Valarr
Are you sure the rack will still fit w/o using the roof or rear window?

I use the Seasucker and I can't see it mounting on the engine cover as the suction cups take up a good bit of real estate.
Yeah, good point.

The racks posted above look intriguing, however! I had no idea such things existed. That may be the better option long-term, and there is nothing like pulling up to a bike race in a manual 991 cab....
Old 10-01-2017, 10:09 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,079 Likes on 647 Posts

This:

https://ritcheylogic.com/outback-car...-away-frameset
Old 10-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Valarr
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kg11
Yeah, good point.

The racks posted above look intriguing, however! I had no idea such things existed. That may be the better option long-term, and there is nothing like pulling up to a bike race in a manual 991 cab....
Here it is on my Cayman to get an idea of fit.
Attached Images   
Old 10-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Kg11
I have a bit of a weird question: we are considering purchasing a 991 cab. Is it possible to cancel the spoiler being raised at speed? The reason I ask: my wife and I are both cyclists, and I was thinking of getting 2 of those suction-cup style racks and mounting road/cross bikes on the rear of the car, over the engine compartment. That way, when we do a road trip, we don't have to leave the bikes at home, or ship them.

The spoiler deployment may screw this up however. I have yet to measure it, but it seems that the spoiler would activate up somewhere in the vicinity of the downtube, just ahead of the BB shell.

Any other ideas for transporting bikes in a cab? I could get one into the backseat (in a bike bag, with handlebars loosened, pedals off, wheels in a separate bag), but 2? Doubtful. Maybe with the top down, but if it rains, we are screwed.

It sucks to take my pickup when we are headed somewhere to ride. Usually the best riding areas make for the best cycling areas. A few years ago, we vacationed on the Central CA coast for a week to train, and it would have killed me if we had to bring the pickup instead of the M3. No more M3, so the cab has got to work!

I believe you can delete the spoiler even existing to the computer using a PIWIS. Ask a local shop or dealer that has one you can use.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:41 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I wonder if the dealer can deactivate only the automatic deployment. That way, the OP could still use the spoiler if needed in manual mode. (Do any of us really need this automatic spoiler anyway? I think it is more of a gimmic unless you are doing some serious high speed performance driving.)
I betcha the dealer would not touch this with a ten ft pole (unless you put a duck). Insurance... Anything happens to you at high speed that could be attribute to no spoiler, they are on the hook... Maybe an independant with PIWIS 2?

Quick Reply: How to cancel spoiler deployment?