Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 A/C Fan Switch Switch Issue! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017 | 11:10 PM
Azndavid85
Advanced

Default 991.1 A/C Fan Switch Switch Issue! Please help

I Recently bought a 2014 CPO 991 C4S less than 3 months and only put about 300 miles on the car.

I noticed my A/C fan switch will go up fine, but hard to lower speed, thus I took the car to my local dealer to have them repair it. My service adviser called me back and told me this usually happen when sugary drinks spill inside so its not cover under warranty and they will charge $1500 to replace the switch.

I believe the switch was working when I bought the car. However, I never eat anything or drink water inside my 911 and no one else drive my car. I'm very frustrated since I bought CPO is for peace of mind and was not expecting this issue.

Any members here have similar issue with their AC switch or buttons? How we can have dealer to cover this ?

Any all and suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2017 | 03:18 AM
romansroad
Advanced

Wow....pricey stealership. First, I hope you have another dealer for a second opinion. It's not surprising they are blaming a non-covered etiology, but not sure how they can charge you for a guess from an advisor who gets a commission from upcharging you on repairs. You know that the SA's get a cut from all the "repairs" they "sell" right?

I had this in a prior P-car, and I fixed it myself. It was a bit tedious to get the panel out, but I then cleaned it up, used some De Ox It and all was well. One could replace the switch at that point as well, after purchasing from a supplier if possible, so as to avoid the stealership.

I would send out the Bat Signal for Rennlist user "Plenum" as I bet he knows just what to do here .

Quick Reply: 991.1 A/C Fan Switch Switch Issue! Please help