Sponsored by:

HPDE + Berm + Insta Flat = Extra Negative Camber

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:43 AM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HPDE + Berm + Insta Flat = Extra Negative Camber

So, I hit a berm during an HPDE and popped a tire. Got a new tire, mounted, balanced and have been driving casually since then. Just about to head out of town and realized that the wheel that took the hit has extra negative camber.

I'm about to head out of town, so I can't have anyone look at it until next week.

Any guesses as to what kinda damage I might be in for? It's a SPASM suspension...
Old 09-26-2017, 09:58 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by fansonly

Any guesses as to what kinda damage I might be in for? It's a SPASM suspension...
There is no way to know without looking at the suspension. It could be almost any connect part that has been damaged. It also could be just a realignment is required.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:05 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Hopefully just an alignment. Heck, some of the GT4 owners that have done that have popped their front strut towers through the frunk lid.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:35 AM
Jzips
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, you blew out a tire on a berm? I never imagined that a normal candy-stripe berm would blow up a tire and I routinely run my wheels up on berms intentionally. Or was it something more funky that wasn't meant to be hit?
Old 10-01-2017, 08:34 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jzips
Wow, you blew out a tire on a berm? I never imagined that a normal candy-stripe berm would blow up a tire and I routinely run my wheels up on berms intentionally. Or was it something more funky that wasn't meant to be hit?
Two turns at Leguna Seca have tire killers on the berm. They are visibly taller than the average berm.

Quick Reply: HPDE + Berm + Insta Flat = Extra Negative Camber