Sponsored by:

Best $120 spent on the 911 yet

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 11:59 PM
Loft23
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loft23
My suncoast delivery came in today and I quickly swapped them out. I also washed the car in the garage with optimum no rinse and spray wax.
To add to my sun coast order, I also got a set of rubber floor mats and Lloyd deck mats for both top and bottom (folded) decks. The expenses keep piling on...

Rear top-deck Lloyd mats

Porsche All Weather floor mats

Lower seat deck Lloyd mats
Old 09-22-2017, 08:27 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
Note to anyone awaiting a new 911: order the Suncoast clear side markers now. Before your car arrives. And don't fear doing it yourself. It is cartoon simple. And if you still can't bring yourself to try, bring them when take delivery of your car and ask them to have a tech do it. It's a great chance to get 5 minutes of labor for free!
I actually got the clears a few months ago but could not easily install them. Current amber markers are wedged in really tight. I was paranoid to scratch the paint. Is there a trick or tool to easily pop them out?

Jim
Old 09-22-2017, 08:56 PM
Loft23
Instructor

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I actually got the clears a few months ago but could not easily install them. Current amber markers are wedged in really tight. I was paranoid to scratch the paint. Is there a trick or tool to easily pop them out?

Jim
The seem wedged in tight, but just make sure you wash your hands clean and not have it be oily. It's spring loaded and a gentle push towards the tires and tilt upwards once you feel the springs engage. I was scared too in the beginning, but no tools are necessary other than a flat head screwdriver to pop the power line.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:38 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Loft23
The seem wedged in tight, but just make sure you wash your hands clean and not have it be oily. It's spring loaded and a gentle push towards the tires and tilt upwards once you feel the springs engage. I was scared too in the beginning, but no tools are necessary other than a flat head screwdriver to pop the power line.
Thanks! I will try this.

J
Old 10-12-2017, 02:48 AM
Kaduku
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I tinted my LED side markers on my CGTS using Lamin-X material.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:51 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Semi O/T, but is worrying about rust from little rock chips warranted? Most especially sports cars will have plenty of tiny chips in especially lower areas of the metal where we rarely look, I'd assume these cars are galvanized well enough to where we don't have to go through it with a microscope and toothpick to touch every tiny piece up (not to say that my own OCD A$$ hasn't done that)?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Semi O/T, but is worrying about rust from little rock chips warranted? Most especially sports cars will have plenty of tiny chips in especially lower areas of the metal where we rarely look, I'd assume these cars are galvanized well enough to where we don't have to go through it with a microscope and toothpick to touch every tiny piece up (not to say that my own OCD A$$ hasn't done that)?
1 word - PPF. Or is that 3?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by titan7
I can't believe I waited almost four weeks to replace those Amber side markers with the clear LED markers. Went to my dealer today to pick up my black Carrera license plate frame, OEM touch up paint, and the markers. I had the service guy show me how to do it, wow so easy. Much better to see it done live! Looks sooooo much better!
Not a big plate frame fan but can we see the Carrera one?

Also car pickup time is also a good time to pick up a freebie. Find something to complain about like the sales guy did not explain the tech stuff very well. That's how I got my frunk liner.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:36 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
1 word - PPF. Or is that 3?
My whole front is wrapped with it, but still, there are slight uncovered areas that can get chipped. My a pillar has a very, very tiny mark for one. I’m talking magnifying glass stuff. I’m sure most people have plenty of those exposed areas that they don’t notice.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

I would cover those areas also. It would be worth to me anyway to not deal with chips to the degree possible.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Chirofirst
Advanced

Also not 991 related but look what they had in the showroom, the car that started it all for me at 8 years old! Wow.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? Clearly this dealer is an enthusiast. Some great P-cars!!!

Your car is stunning!
Old 10-12-2017, 11:02 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
My whole front is wrapped with it, but still, there are slight uncovered areas that can get chipped. My a pillar has a very, very tiny mark for one. I’m talking magnifying glass stuff. I’m sure most people have plenty of those exposed areas that they don’t notice.
As long as you keep up with touching up the significant chips, I feel the rust will be kept at bay. I've gotten pretty good at it, although the whole front end of this car is covered in PPF.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:29 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Not a big plate frame fan but can we see the Carrera one?.
Its, just the Porsche OEM Black Stainless Steel frame with "Carrera" on the lower section in silver. I will take a photo once my damn license plate arrives, can't believe I still don't have it after 6wks. I added it as I get tired of telling people what model it is, Really??? The dealer deleted model designation on my car so it only has "PORSCHE" on the rear deck. My responses have now turned to "if I really need to tell you, you really don't need to know" lol , JK.

Quick Reply: Best $120 spent on the 911 yet